Italian San Marco Plaster is a special type of decorative finish wall covering, allowing you to carry out the most bold designer ideas and create a unique atmosphere of any room. Due to the variety of color gamut and textured relief, this material is deservedly considered a high quality standard worldwide. Based on the specific composition and texture, various options for using this product are possible.
Advantages of products from Italy
In search of original solutions for the modern wall design, many have long refused the usual wallpaper, because the construction market is ready to offer innovative types of coatings, much more relevant spirit of time and high quality requirements. One of the alternative options is decorative, Italian plaster capable of decorating any interior, thanks to numerous positive qualities.
The main advantages of the San Marco plaster is:
- Absolute safety, both when applied and during operation, the product includes only environmentally friendly natural components, does not contain harmful additives, solvents and harmful substances causing allergies;
- the absence of any odor due to natural composition;
- Large selection of texture, color shades, types of imitation to create a distinctive, excluding design repetition;
- high performance and durability;
- Preventing such types of damage such as mold and fungus due to the fact that additional wax applying is not required;
- ease of use, no need to perform perfect alignment for most types of products;
- the ability to apply in rooms with high humidity;
- In addition to disguise defects, the decorative material serves as a full-fledged final layer, and besides, perfectly cleaned with water and a long time saves the brightness of the color.
This material is suitable for internal and exterior trim, facade cladding, can set the general atmosphere of the room, play the background role for further decoration. In fact, this unique coating helps to embody different ideas and is suitable for any residential, public types of premises.
The varieties of Italian plaster
Types of material differ in its intended, composition and texture, different for the selected style and decor. Plaster can be created on a different natural basis, it is due to the composition of the composition it is possible to create any kinds of coatings with a suitable texture, as well as protective layers of wall finish.
Basic elements of the composition:
- silicate compounds;
- Silicone and its derivatives;
- Polymer base.
As a result, modern flock design can be obtained, which is achieved by means of a special filler in the form of plates of different colors and shades. When using phosphorescent elements, glow and shiny, smooth surface. But the material may be matte.
Through multicolor mixtures, multicolor decorative coatings or a certain relief with excellent detail can be reproduced.
High demand is also the main achievement of Italian manufacturers – Traditional Venetian Plaster. This product is multifaceted in its functionality – it is able to reproduce any natural stone, give the surface “aged”, noble view or classic gloss.
Famous San Marco series
Products of the Italian manufacturer are represented by a number of high-quality Venetian and textural mixtures.
Each view has its own features and subtleties to use:
- Stukko Venetiano Plaster Produced on the basis of acrylic and is mainly designed to create a sophisticated, glossy surface with an ancient effect, which makes it possible to abandon the application of wax. Some of its options make it possible to create an interior under marble with a common classic style. There are more than a thousand colors and shades of such a material. Plaster can be applied to any base, including convex, curved, with a complex geometry.
- Luxurious and exquisite view of internal and outer walls will help give Plaster “Marmorino Classico”. The product distinguishes special wear resistance to temperature drops and more than 800 different marble shades.
- Series “Markopolo” Created on a water basis and acrylic. The distinctive quality of the coating is roughness with the effect of metal shine (gilding, silver, bronze, copper). Plaster is perfect for rooms made in the modern style of minimalism and Hi-Tech.
- Decorative material “Coredo” has its own features. The water base allows you to create a soft, silky surface with bright, volumetric. Suitable for the traditional classic interior, used mainly for the inner walls or partitions. The mixture perfectly falls on concrete and plaster, mineral base, old paint. Such a coating can be washed, eliminating defects with it is not difficult.
- Matte coatings are recreated by Plasters “Coredo Velvet”. This is an elegant and sophisticated material with a light pearl gloss based on acrylic polymer. Warm and cold shades, complemented by pearl, can decorate the living room, office and even the bedroom.
The textured mixtures of San Marco, in contrast to Venetian, do not require careful alignment and well shown themselves in adverse climatic conditions, in addition, any material has good adhesion with most grounds.
Decorative Machinery Technique
Stuccoing Italian manufacturers is distinguished by easy use. The exception is the famous “Venetian”, which is necessary to equalize the surface.
The workflow consists of several stages:
- Preparation of the base, including the removal of the old coating;
- Any irregularities, cracks and chipsets should be treated;
- With an extensive area of damage, it is better to carry out a full-fledged plaster;
- with levels of more than 5 mm, reinforcement is used;
- The surface primer is carried out by the composition recommended by the manufacturer;
- plaster, cement, concrete and plasterboard are subject to plastering;
- For applying a solution, pile and rubber rollers, spatulas, scallops and other healthy tools.
Professionals advise to process the surface to use an ordinary putty – you can significantly save on expense expensive coating.
In many ways, the quality of the invoice depends on the methods of applying plaster – it can be horizontal and vertical, circular movements, short and long touches.
Of course, deciding for the first time to apply Italian material, it is better to take advantage of the help of a professional master having an acceleration skills of such a coating. Especially when it comes to the Venetian composition. Technology of its application Multi-stage and has its own nuances.
Features of the use of Venetian plaster
This material contains in its composition stone dust having a different fraction size – a roughest and large grinding gives the effect of the processed stone, while the small one is barely distinguished ornament. In addition, the Venetian composition is like burning from the inside, especially in the presence of mineral components. This plaster is distinguished by increased resistance and long-term preservation of an attractive look even when exposed to ultraviolet and high humidity.
Working with such a mixture requires accuracy and patience, as each layer of plaster should be applied to a pre-dried surface. And the layers of such can be from three to ten, and what they are more, the more noticeable the inner gloss becomes.
Since the material is actually transparent in quality, the base should be perfectly smooth and smooth, and the application is uniform. It is necessary to work a narrow stainless steel tool so as not to leave on the walls of untidy divorces. After graze, which occurs per day, you can already apply special wax to achieve additional shine.
Unlike external facade surfaces exposed to adverse weather conditions, the inner walls do not have to restore once every three years, it is enough to take care of them with ordinary water. You should not use aggressive detergents, since it may be dark and acquired from this coating and acquire a muddy shade.
Modern building products from Italy allows you to use a wide variety of natural textures and a huge number of color shades to create unique interiors, so it is able to satisfy even the most advisory requirements and personal style addiction.
How to properly apply the San Marco plaster, look in the following video.