Any owner is sooner or later faced with wear and corrosion of favorite objects of external or internal interior. And so I want to give things to the second life! What materials can help in this?
Soil-enamel 3 in 1 – universal composition for restoring the appearance of metal structures. This, not requiring pre-primer Metal paint performing the following functions:
- relieving rust foci on the metal surface and prevent its further distribution;
- coating the product with a primer that promotes better adhesion with paint;
- Coloring decorative enamel of the design surface.
Due to the combination of functions in the soil-enamel, there will not have to apply several layers of various materials on the product and wait for their complete burial before applying each subsequent. This significantly saves time and money, and also allows you to reduce the number of working tools.
The most often soil enamel is used to cover street structures: Lattices, fences, gates, garages, doors and street furniture. This is explained by the fact that the soil enamel atmospherically resistant to humidity, cold and the sun. But it is also possible to use the composition of decorative purposes – for coatings of various interior items.
It is impossible not to note the widespread use of soil enamel when repairing cars, especially its inner parts. Hard to reach places where there is constant contact with oil, ferry or high temperature, easily covered with one or more layers of soil enamel. After that, the vehicles of the car are becoming resistant to aggressive impacts.
In industry, these compositions also found their place due to chemical resistance to oils, aggressive environments, water and pair. They are used to cover the elements of industrial and building structures, hangars and warehouses.
Soil enamel can be used not only for cast iron, steel and aluminum products. It is often used to cover wooden, concrete, mineral and brick surfaces both inside and outside the premises.
Easy use, good exterior product and accessibility in stores make this coverage of an indispensable assistant in the farm.
Multifunctionality of soil enamel provides a few components in its basis.
- Alkyd-urethane varnish. This is a quick-drying composition of alkyd resins in combination with urethane components. It is a binding component.
- Anticorrosive materials. Here are two components: anti-corrosion pigments that prevent the formation of new foci of rust, and modifiers (or converters) rust, which neutralize the corrosion. Such additives form phosphate film on corrosion sections.
- Enamel. To form a surface painted layer of product.
- Plasticizers and other additives. Improve the working properties of soil enamel.
- Solvent. Provides the necessary working viscosity of the material. To give a given viscosity, varnish is diluted with White Spirit. Therefore, it is necessary to use it when breeding thickened soil enamels.
Manufacturers, competing among themselves, constantly improve the composition of primers, produce them in a wide range of colors, introduce all new additives, indicating information about it on the package.
There is an opinion that you can cook the soil-enamel on your own, mixing the primer with the paint you like. However, the result, for sure, will be deplorable, because mechanical mixing only wishes properties and primers, and enamel. It’s all about the special production technology of the manufacturing of soil enamel, due to which the soil layer will lay down to the surface of the product, and the finishing lacquer layer will remain on the surface. To this end, various additives and additives are introduced.
Multifunctional soil manufacturing technology gives them excellent qualities.
- Resistance to temperatures. Apply a soil-enamel is recommended at a temperature of 20 ° C – then the temperature declared by the manufacturer will be achieved by the manufacturer and material properties. But if necessary, it is possible to use it at a minus temperature. And the applied and dried soil-enamel retains all its properties at temperatures from -45 ° C to + 100 ° C.
- Density and elasticity of finished coverage. With proper applied, the crack will not appear for several years.
- Small material consumption. Compared to classic straight-colorful materials, the consumption of soil enamel will be about 30% less, even if the coating is applied in several layers.
- Atmospheric resistance. Products covered with soil enamel resistant to sun, moisture, salt and oil, making this material ideal for refreshing street interior.
A variety of traditional soil enamel is hammer paint. It additionally introduced metal powder into its composition, and the treated surface looks like treated with a blackmatic way – hence the name of the paint. It can be unmistakably identified on the textured “shagreen” surface and metal gloss. It is also applied to rust, combining the functions of the soil and enamel.
Due to metal additives, such paint is more difficult to apply the spraying method – when working with it requires a brush or roller. Also on vertical surfaces can take the movement of metal particles down, which will worsen the original appearance of the product. But when applied by technology, the hammer enamel looks very impressive on the interior items.
The market now presents a huge selection of such materials, but before the choice is better to decide on the manufacturer and read reviews about the product – it will help save time, money and nerves.
Releases enamel in various tanks (from 1 to 20 liters). The coating is characterized by good painting properties, low consumption, good shelterness. Price for 3 l – 700-800 rub., for 20 l – about 5500 rubles. Of the shortcomings, consumers note a sharp smell of paint, which makes it suitable for outdoor work. To dilute paint, the manufacturer recommends not white spirit, but a solvent of its brand.
“Prestige” – the enterprise for the production of soil from the Rostov region. To perform small works, sold in a small package of 200 g, but there are also packages of 1.9 kg worth about 400 p. The price is relatively small, and the reviews are predominantly positive and are associated with good anticorrosive properties of enamel. She is well hiding the already existing rust and does not allow the appearance of new rusty spots. But, like many domestic enamel, has a rather sharp smell.
Releases soil enamel in filling of 0.8 kg and 1.7 kg. There is a small color palette. Budget enamel on rust, which will quickly dry and forms a coating of a pleasant color.
Before applying the soil enamel, the treated surface must be prepared: clean it from the peeling previous coating, remove large and loose fours of rust. After that, it is necessary to re-clean the product from dust and dirt and, if necessary, degrease the White Spirit. All this will provide the best adhesion of soil enamel, will make it easier for work and will provide high-quality finish coating.
Important! If the previous coating was on nitroosna, then before applying the enamel 3 in 1 it must be carefully removed using a special washing. Otherwise, on the surface there will be a swelling and caring of soil enamel.
Before direct use, the composition must be carefully stirred. Depending on the complexity and sizes of the treated surface, enamel can be applied using a brush, roller or pulverizer. Small details can be processed by dipping.
Before covering the entire design, it is advisable to try to paint a small area, To evaluate the correctness of the color selection and the quality of the finish layer.
The average material consumption on M2 – 80-120 ml for one layer. The amount of layers applied depends on the degree of protection and the desired effect and fluctuates from 1 to 4. Each manufacturer indicates the packaging Recommendations for the consumption of soil and the method of applying the product.
The drying time of the soil enamel is small: to the stage “on the low” – about 30 minutes, and the time of complete drying is about 4 hours. In order for the product to be resistant to salts, water and oil, it is necessary to withstand it before use for a few days (up to 7 days).
Outdoors the process of drying soil enamel and the removal of a specific smell occurs faster than indoors. Therefore, manufacturers recommend painting the base on the street or in a ventilated space.
Review of the soil enamel on rust from Dali See next video.