Preparation of walls for finishing – a long process that consists of a large number of actions: this is the application of plasters and primers, sowing walls, re-priming, decoration. Grinding walls after putty – the necessary process, it allows you to remove small irregularities that are difficult to notice immediately. Perform such work is necessary, otherwise the wall will not be smooth. Even the most experienced masters will not work with a flat surface immediately after applying plaster. It should be understood in the technology of performing the necessary work.
Many may seem that such work is not needed, because most often the walls seem smooth. However, when gluing wallpaper, there will be so many irregularities that the desire to clean the wall will appear very quickly. It will be very offensive, because the wallpapers that were recently glued, we will have to dy away from the surface.
All the wpads and tubercles, cracks and other flaws will be visible on the paper canvase – Even if the wallpaper is thick. Even if you work the spatula as carefully, traces can remain from it, and hide them will not work. When staining, all these irregularities will be even more noticeable.
To avoid problems, unnecessary painstaking work, it is better to properly prepare the surface once before further finishing works. For this process, it is necessary to prepare not only tools, but also yourself – you need to be patient and perseverance. Then the wonderful results of the work are waiting for you.
Selection of tools
Before working, you will need to prepare all the necessary tools.
You will need the following:
- several types of emery canvas;
- rectangular bar;
- grinding net;
- Sponge for work in hard-to-reach places;
- set of spatulas;
- searchlight or large lantern;
- staircase, table, durable stool;
- individual protection means.
If you are going to work manually, I will need a block for grinding. The tool itself is simple: a rectangular product with a sandpaper or grid. Stacker is a canvas on which the abrasive grain “scattered”. The most important characteristics of sandpaper – grain.
Sandpaper may be coarse or fine-grained.
The coarse stacker is applied with the following types of work:
- very rough grinding;
- primary grinding;
- grinding soft wood;
- Finish processing of solid varieties of wood.
Smallozing sandpaper applies with such work:
- Finishing of solid wood grades;
- polishing final coatings;
- wet grinding;
- Metal grinding;
- grinding plastic products;
- grinding ceramics;
- Thin grinding;
Grain size in fine-grained emery paper – 5-65 microns, in coarse-grained – from 60 to 1100 microns. Large grains are found, up to 2000 microns, but such products come across very rarely and are used only with very rough processing.
This method of Okurization is considered to be proven. When working with large surfaces, it is necessary to stock both sandpaper and mesh and patience.
It is worth paying attention to mechanized devices – grinding machines. Thanks to them you can quickly do smooth sufficiently large surfaces. Electric machines heavy in terms of weight, but easy to use.
You can select three types of machinery:
- Ribbon grinder it is distinguished by considerable power, so it is not used at finishing work. It is usually necessary for grinding the first layer. Ribbon with abrasive grains moves with special rollers. The centering is carried out automatically – it is convenient. When using special rollers and nozzles, you can get to the corners and other hard-to-reach places.
- Orbital eccentric grinders Especially popular. With their help, you can not only make the surface smooth, but even remove the old paint. The device has a round platform to which abrasive material is glued on the velcro. Circles diameters are different. The main disadvantage is the inability to work in the corners.
- Flat vibration shlifmashinka widely used both when grinding and by polishing. Abrasive cloth attached to the typewriter using special clamps. It is possible to use various nozzles (for works in corners and hard-to-reach places).
How to get sick: step by step description
Before the start of the Okurization, it is necessary to inspect the surface. If there are large depressions, it is better to close them with putty. Noticeable large bugs can be removed by a spatula. After these works, it is necessary to check whether all the shtlock dried.
Door Pads should be closed with wet piece of fabric. It is necessary so that dust does not fall into the rest of the room. Only after that you can proceed to the main work.
Professionals advise to start grinding from the left upper corner, moving down and right. Due to gradual promotion, you can achieve good results. You should not press the instrument too much, otherwise new depressions may appear on the wall. Circular movements tool will be removed evenly toasting the surface.
Throughout the process, it is necessary to ensure that the skin does not embrace and have not worked. It must be changed (as needed). In order to save it, it is possible to rinse with cold water, but it is impossible to use a wet skirt. Further Okrug is possible only with full drying.
The grid also needs to follow, and do it cost more carefully. The grid may come up, as it is less durable. When working the grid on the wall may appear scratches.
For proper grinding of corners with your own hands, it is best to use a regular sheet of sandpaper, without bar. Bar can leave scratches on another wall.
Usually grind the wall is best twice, it will make it possible to achieve the most good results. At first it is done coarse sandpaper. With the second grout used fine-grained sandpaper.
After all the work follows a thorough check. Most often it is conducted by the level, less often by the searchlight. When using it, it must be applied to all places (for the detection of bugs or depression). Floodlight is easier to use: it must be directed to the surface on the side, and all the distortions of the world will show distressed places.
In both cases, either putty, or additional work with the skins. After completing additional work, it is necessary to check the screaming places again – and, if necessary, sanding them finally to remove all available defects.
Only after all these works, the spacure wall will be smooth. However, it is necessary to remove all dust from the surface. Dust can hide the smallest defects. This is especially important before applying paint or labeled wallpaper. You can use a conventional brush or vacuum cleaner.
There are a large number of tips from experienced professionals. If you consider them, the process will pass with a smaller number of errors (or without them).
The following useful recommendations can be distinguished:
- Do not primine surface before sowing.
- Okurization should be carried out only after a day after applying putty. During this time, the shpatlevka must dry, but check it will be necessary.
- For checking and selecting sandwich, which will be needed during operation, test grouts are needed (it is better to choose imperceptible places for this).
- Bru or grinding machine should be made of circular movements.
- You only need to work with good lighting. It will help to see all obvious irregularities.
- If small depressions appear, then with the help of a rubber spatula you can apply a little putty. Then she rubs away. Before carrying out such work, the surface may be slightly moistened. With water you can not too dive.
Grinding the walls is not extremely complex work, but it takes time, forces and patience. Maximum accuracy is also needed. You can always correct the flaws on the wall so that at the finishing finish, there was no extra problem. It is important to remember the choice of tool – the result also depends on. It is necessary to rely on the advice of professionals and their own experience.
Recommendations of specialists in the Okurivation of the walls see below.