The base is the element located between the foundation of the structure and its first timber, the framework of the building or the first brick. In other words, it is a transitional foundation element of the house. Such a location causes an increased load on the base unit, which is stronger than others subjected to destruction and corrosion.
In this regard, the base needs reliable protection that is not afraid of the impact of moisture and road reagents, frost and mechanical damage. Such finishing material is the base siding. It is a panel, the surface of which mimics natural materials: stone, brick, wood and t. D.
Based siding is a panel based on polyvinyl chloride, metal and some other materials having a lock connection for mounting and applied to cladding the ground building. Panels have a greater thickness than the facade counterparts, which explains their increased strength and stability resistance. At the same time, the weight of the base siding is insignificant, so there is no excessive load on the supporting structures of the building. The weight of the material on 1 m2 on average is 3-5 kg.
Installation is performed easily and quickly: The panels are connected to each other due to the presence of special locks, and for the corners and protruding elements there are challenges. If we talk about the base metal, then the approval is that it is economical. This is due to the fact that the material is easily bent, so the amount of material residues is minimal. Unfortunately, it is not necessary to speak such a vinyl analogue, because the material is not bent.
Installation of base panels can be carried out on any type of base. The material is mounted immediately to the surface of the wall or metal or rush crate. In the latter case, you can not take care of the careful alignment of the walls of the building: Siding panels allow you to hide irregularities, cracks and other imperfections of the walls.
Due to the fact that the base panels protect the lower part of the building from the negative impact of the medium, it is possible to significantly extend the life of the structure. Siding is opposed to corrosion (metal profiles have a special polymeric processing), not afraid of frost (due to a small expansion coefficient, the material does not crack at low temperatures, withstands up to 60 frost cycles), stealing the temperature differences and the impulse of the squalid wind (due to the presence of an antiuragan castle). Temperature range of operation – from -50 to +60 s.
Finally, mold and fungi do not appear on the surface of the siding, insects are not bred. In addition, it does not fade in the sun and retains an attractive appearance and operational characteristics throughout the service life (30-50 years).
Due to the manifold of textures and color solutions, you can pick up the ground panels for any style of the house and exterior. At the same time, modern profiles mimic the surface of the stone, wood, brick, tiles, so the structure looks elegant, noble. It is important that in comparison with the cost of cladding with brick or stone, buying and installing base siding will cost much cheaper.
Perhaps the only “minus” of the material is its flammability in contact with an open flame. Class of fire hazard for vinyl models – G2 (moderately combustible).
The scope of the application of the material is very wide:
- cladding base;
- decoration of the porch, veranda;
- decoration of premises characterized by elevated levels of humidity;
- Facing bath, arbors, fences, wells.
Depending on the material, on the basis of which the base siding is performed, there are several types of its species.
The panels are based on galvanized steel coated with a protective polymer layer. The feature of the material is its increased strength, resistance to mechanical damage, fire safety. Due to the polymer layer, the material surface is protected from corrosion.
Metal: can imitate various textures, but its cost can not be called low.
At the heart of this material – polyvinyl chloride. Vinyl siding is characterized by strength, price availability and variety of textures and colors. It is these panels that can have both an unusual pastel gamut and rich shades (red, bright blue). In addition, they can imitate wooden, stone, brick surfaces.
As for performance characteristics, it is frost resistance, moisture resistance, wind resistance. In their strength indicators, vinyl profiles are inferior to metal analogs.
A variation of PVC-based panels is acrylic siding. Due to the presence of polymers based on it is characterized by improved technical properties. They are optimal for outdoor decorations in difficult weather conditions, resistant to temperature differences and the action of chemical reagents. Their service life longer (up to 50 years) compared with the period of operation of vinyl models (up to 30 years), however, the cost is higher.
It is based on cement, modifiers and cellulose reinforcing fibers. The latter give the material strength and monolithium. Panels have resistance to moisture and fire. However, it is not always suitable for finishing houses, because when installing noticeable seams and gaps remain.
There are also ceramic and concrete siding. The first is distinguished by environmental friendliness, because in the clay and other natural components. In its strength, ceramic panels are comparable with similar tiles of increased reliability. The advantage of concrete siding is the resistance to the effects of sun rays, moisture, low temperatures.
However, the material has an impressive weight, and therefore it is often necessary to enhance the foundation, and the height of the base should not exceed 2 meters. Finally, in order to cut panels, Bulgarian is required with a diamond disk.
All specified panel types can be used in conjunction with insulation. Polyfoam and expanded polystyrene are suitable for these purposes, and when organizing waterproofing protection of the walls of the walls, it is permissible to use mineral wool insulation materials (better basalt, but if the economy is considered, and fiberglass is also considered). On the warmed surface of the walls is usually fastened.
Speaking about the varieties of base siding, the following groups of materials should be highlighted.
There are extremely vinyl, apply to cladding spherical surfaces. The ability to be curved without breaking, due to the presence of binding threads on a synthetic basis, which are located between the panel form factor and the nail panel. The length of such products is usually 3-3.8 m, width – 17-24 cm. The thickness of the panels is small for the base material – 1.1-1.5 cm. This is understandable, because too fat material will not be able to take a spherical shape.
Represent familiar profiles that can be long (their length 2-6 m) or be rectangular profiles (on average their size 1150 * 450 mm).
Siding for the base can mimic various surfaces.
- laying of natural stones;
- Masonry made of dashest stones (allows you to get noble, expensive facades, imitates cladding with natural stones, represented in more than 60 color variations);
- Brick (smooth or crotazing) laying of white or red bricks (about 11 color solutions available);
- Imitation of timber, boards, dranki, chips (rudely drank boards).
Metal panels are the most optimal base siding. Trimmed areas of the base easily carry negative environmental conditions and are not afraid of mechanical damage.
However, if the facade material has bright or unusual pastel shades, it may require a similar color palette for the base. In this case, it is better to stop the choice on vinyl profiles.
Side sizes are not regulated by state standards, so the dimensions of the panels from different manufacturers may vary.
As a rule, the length of vinyl siding is from 2.5 to 4 m, and width – 20-30 cm. The length of metalyding varies from 60 cm to 6 m. And the dimensions of fibro-cement panels of most brands are similar: Length – within 3-3.6 m, width – from 10 to 30 cm.
The thickness of the base panels exceeds the thickness of the wall profiles and is in the range of 2-4 mm. The most demanded profiles with a length of 1 m, width of 0.5 m.
Choosing siding, it should be borne in mind that the manufacturer specifies the full width of the panel and useful. The calculation of the number of profiles should be carried out on the basis of the utility coefficient. For example, the “Cheled Stone” profiles from the Nailite brand have a full size (width length) of 116 x 49 cm, and useful – 102 x 46 cm.
Regardless of the producing company, all profiles can be divided into three groups.
- Thin, whose width is up to 15 mm (characterized by low weight and flexibility);
- The average whose width ranges from 15-25 mm (the most demanded material);
- Thick – their width of about 25 mm (for models, the presence of a thick layer of polyurethane is characterized, and therefore the material is characterized by high thermal insulation indicators and can be mounted without using insulation).
Due to the variety of options for designing panels, the protruding part of the foundation and the base may have a different finish. Large distribution received panels for the stone: due to the presence of roughness, it is possible to achieve the effect of natural stone masonry. If it is necessary to achieve the originality of the exterior, then you can recommend the imitation of butt stone having different sizes.
No less popular is imitation of stone masonry. Due to the cast, printed on the original material, the panels have all characteristic roughness and chips. Another advantage of “brick” profiles is the simplicity of cutting (on bricks), so it is often used to finish buildings with a large number of protrusions and turns.
Beige profile, the so-called “burnt brick” will appreciate the fans of exquisite luxury. It stands out against the background of other siding options by its exquisite nobility.
Siding under the tree perfectly fit into the style of the “rustic” country house. He will create the illusion of the sheath of the base with natural wood. For houses in the style of a country or colonial style, it is recommended to choose a white and light shade of profiles under the board, for buildings in the Spirit of Alpine Chalet – Hint of Wenge, Cherry or Dark Brown.
Among domestic brands, the following companies.
- “Dolomite”, producing its products since 2008. The base profiles imitate the wild stone, you can choose the material of one of three collections: one-hand stone, exclusive, stone with painted seams. Panel Width – 22 cm, Length – 33 cm. Material thickness – 1.6 mm.
- Siding Brand Docke Available in 3 variations: brickwork, duck stone, laminate sandstone. According to customer reviews, the material is characterized by good quality at a sufficiently affordable price.
- In the Collection of Brand Fineber You can find a variety of panels with brickwork imitation: yellow and red facing brick, collection “Brick Britt” collection (Possible palette – dark brown, dark pink, shades of burgundy), Collection “Brick”.
From Western manufacturers, the following brands enjoy the confidence of buyers.
- Recognized leader – American manufacturer Nailite. Products are distinguished by high quality and variety of designer solutions. The most popular is the profiles under stone, brick, wood. The service life of the material is 25 years, while it is adapted to use under the conditions of a harsh Russian climate. Does not need additional staining in the process of use.
- Brand collection Novik represented by imitation for brickwork of different shades. Length and width of panels – 1219×470 mm.
- German brand Deke, And in line with the German writing DÖCKE, produced in 2 variations: under stone and brick. Complete with panels delivered.
- Profile production VOX (Poland) is conducted in two dimensional variations: 1110x460x2.5 (Solid Mur) and 1110x477x2.5 mm (Solid Stone under Brick). The latter model under the stone has a width of 466 mm panels. The manufacturer managed to achieve amazing intimacy with natural stone: the surface of siding even has a sprinkling characteristic of the smallest fragments.
- Canadian Siding Novik Released on improved technologies, and therefore withstands even extreme weather conditions. Having more than 15 years of history, the material is characterized by improved technical properties, does not require painting and other manipulations during operation. Available in 5 Variations: Wild and Tesana Stones, Cedar Board, Brick, Wooden Dranca.
Tips and recommendations
When choosing panels, connect 2 of them. They should be shy easily and not to form gaps. Joints of the joints should be invisible.
Quality vinyl profile must have the same coloring from the external and inner side. Have a cheaper models the back side is usually lighter. In general, this does not affect the final appearance of the building, but in some cases it allows you to suspect a poor-quality product at an inflated price. In any case, the color of the panels must be uniform, not to have divorces and stains.
Behind the panel of the darker color will have to pay a slightly large price than as analogs of light shades. This is due to the fact that the first faster faster, and therefore stabilizers that increase the cost of the profile are used to save color.
Note: The glossy surface absorbs the light, and therefore faster fades. If your home is standing on the sunny side or you live in the southern region, it is better to give preference to matte options.
Look at the panel from the end: It must have the same height throughout the profile. Note that the height of the angular panels should be exactly the same as the profile width.
Perforations under the self-tapping screw must be identical, neat. Otherwise, moisture will penetrate into too large holes, and too small when trying to screw the screws in them will cause the profile cracking.
It is important to pay attention to the packaging of products. Normally, it must be made of cardboard. When buying siding in a plastic film, you risk acquiring profiles deformed at the stage of transportation and storage.
Following uncomplicated recommendations will allow achieving technological accuracy of installation of base panels:
- Laying is carried out from the bottom up, from left to right;
- Fix the panels to the crate should be made by stainless nails or screws;
- Nails and self-tapping screws should be located strictly perpendicular to the surface of the panels, while the hat should not drown in the panel, otherwise the deformation of siding is possible;
- When installing under negative temperatures, the siding panels are preserved at room temperature.
Due to the variety of siding models, it is possible to easily choose the optimal option for a particular structure. It is important to take into account the features of the exterior: the size of the house, shades and the texture of other finishing materials.
So, for country houses from the stone, it is recommended to choose the base siding under the corollast basalt, the brownstone. For trimmed by wood houses, the base is suitable with imitation of a cane mat, chips, oak bar.
The use of a dark shade of the base panels and the roof in combination with the facade of the rest of the facade can be called popular options for finishes. In the tone of the basement, you can perform the framing of door and window openings.
A pleasant for the eye is considered to perform the base, facade and roofs in one color, but different shades. Preferably choose bright warm colors of materials.
The most versatile variety of base panels are those that mimic stone masonry. However, it is important to choose the “stone” suitable for the facade. So, for rustic houses in the style of Country, it is better to choose a bright shada stone, combining it with a stone or wooden facade.
For classics, choose a stone masonry of gray or sand shades. The material for the base can be repeated when finishing small decorative elements of the facade, which is known to be replete with a classic exterior.
Speeciously look at the buildings in which the same facade and basebars are used, differing only in color. As a rule, it is a surface imitating stone. Stone finish will allow you to demonstrate the status and good taste of the building owners.
In this video you will find a master class on installing base siding.