The use of decorative plaster surfaces has become the usual way to decorate walls and ceiling. What is it, what are the features of this material, how to decorate space with it, consider in the article.
Decorative stucco or silk effect – finishing material of thick consistency, which is used to decorate the walls and ceiling of the room. This coating is often equal to liquid wallpaper on silk-based. In fact, these are two different finishing materials that differ primarily with the composition. In decorative silk plaster there are no silk, it is visually more pleasant and homogeneous, it does not have roughness.
A feature of such a material compared to liquid wallpaper is the uniqueness of the invoice. Externally, the silk plaster looks pretensionable, so it costs more than liquid wallpaper. It is more durable and dense in consistency, suitable for interior decoration surfaces. Typically apply the composition on the base at a temperature of +5 to +35 degrees. Sometimes it is called decorative pearl paint for internal work.
It is different and the fact that it is harder to apply it than liquid wallpaper. This is complicated and adjusting the damaged areas that must be replaced. Make it unnoticed almost impossible. The advantage of such a finish is the ability to add different sequins to the finishing mass. Foundation and externally differs: it looks solid, while liquid wallpaper with close consideration consist of individual granules.
Another feature of application is the thickness of the layer. If liquid wallpapers are applied by one layer, it is 4-7 mm, in this case the total thickness is up to 3 mm, while the application is performed in two layers for the desired effect. The difference between each type of silk plaster lies in the methods of forming a second layer. For such a material, it is even a tool for which the pattern is formed. Outwardly, it can resemble cracks, overflows, stamped textiles. Especially beautiful looks at such a basis of drawings that are much aesthetically drawn by liquid wallpaper.
This material provides for seamless application technology that resembles a way of facing liquid wallpaper. Due to some fillers that come to the composition, the surface drawing can look translucent. Silk plaster – peculiar liquid silk, which is smeared on the prepared surfaces of the walls. This coating is distinguished by a pleasant brilliance and embossed, which at different angles will look different. It is worth such material that it is not suiced, but the effect cannot be compared with conventional plaster or liquid wallpaper.
Advantages and disadvantages
The finishing material is unique and has a lot of advantages:
- Silk plaster can be used to finish the walls and ceiling in rooms of different types. It looks beautifully in the corridor, an entrance hall, relevant in the bedroom, living room, work office, children’s and home library.
- The effect of the finished surface looks better than the wallpaper of any type and other finishing materials. The type of finished facing creates an interior elegant background.
- This material is environmentally friendly raw materials. There are no harmful components, so in the process of operation from the surface, toxins harmful to health will not be highlighted.
- Among the components of the decorative plaster are antimicrobial additives, due to which the fungus or mold will not be installed on the walls.
- This coating is distinguished by antistatic. It does not electrify, dust will not be attracted during operation, so that the surface will look neat.
- Due to plasticizers, cladding will be resistant to the slight deformation of the walls themselves. If a small crack can be formed on the basis, the cladding does not break, but it stretches without disturbing the monolith of the surface.
- Decorative Silk Plaster has good sound insulation indicators. It will reduce the level of annoying sounds, often coming from neighboring apartments.
- This finishing material has thermal insulation properties, due to which in the room, where the walls will be finished, will become warmer. At the same time, the material structure is capable of passing air.
- Due to the wide range of shades, the material allows the finishing of surfaces in the form of a one-photon cloth or a picture according to an individual sketch, which is formed after applying the base coating.
Drying such a composition usually for 24 hours, although some varieties can dry up to 4 days. Sell it in the form of powder and in plastic buckets of small volume. Consumption is approximately 150-300 g per 1 kV. m, it depends on the thickness of the applied layer and the type of tool for the mass distribution over the base surface.
In addition, such a composition is practical and durable. With proper preparing the basis and execution of application technology, it will serve as an interior decoration to 10-15 years. However, to extend the durability, the coating will have to handle additional compositions.
In addition to this nuance, decorative silk plaster there are some more flaws:
- The cost of this decoration is quite high, to purchase it to decorate the interior walls, not every buyer. On average, the square meter of finishing will cost in the amount of 600 to 950 rubles.
- The product absorbs different odors, which is especially bad if they smoke or prepare indoors.
- To impart texture, you will have to apply material on the base twice.
- The surface under such a finish should be prepared as carefully as possible, otherwise the appearance of the facing will not look beautifully.
- The method of processing the surface by this composition is more painting than wallpaper paste, so one day may not be enough for the performance of high-quality coating.
Attracting a specialist from the part to the execution of this cladding will cost a major amount. This will especially be tangible if this material is planned to lay out a drawing. The disadvantage of some species is the need to experience such a finish, otherwise it will not work for silk and velvety effect.
Silk decorative plaster on the applix effect can be three types: wet, healthy and smooth (liquid) silk. In addition, there are other types of silk-screen.
The most interesting attributes:
- under the stone;
- with imitation of the composition of the wood;
- with marble crumb;
- Textured Venetian;
- Bugged stone.
Methods for applying each type different:
- For the supro-silk after the main layer, a thin layer of liquid silk is applied by chaotic movements in different directions. You can use the sponge. After 20 minutes, the surface is smoothed by means of a plastic spatula.
- For the surface “under wet silk” after the base layer applied by the Venetian Colelma, the second, after performing 15-20 minutes, the circular movements of the roller in different directions, making divorces from the amplitude of application.
- The classic method of applying resembles the previous one, however, when applying the second layer of the Venetian cell, the surface with a small relief is a bit smoothed. Movements must be wavy and long.
- For the structural pattern, the direction of movements, press them: the tool should not stick to the wall.
- The drawing “rain” is applied at an angle: a special ironer is pressed against the surface, then beaten, after which the relief is slightly smoothed.
Textured stucco with silk effect Allows color images that differ from liquid wallpaper: similar drawing resembles a wet painting. This is not a madization of emptiness, but forming a pattern of colored paste. If you need to perform a one-photon coating with a pattern, initially you can try to do it in a place that will be closed in the following furniture.
Textures and composition
The texture of silk plaster depends on the type of application, the density of the composition and additional inclusions, as well as the consistency. In some cases, it is relatively smooth, in other velvety. The smoothness of the surface is explained by thin fibers. In addition, the composition includes dyes and metallized pigments. The effect of the radiance is transmitted by inclusions into a mixture of a polymer solution of pearl microparticles, due to which the coating seems to be volumetric. This material is made on the basis of binding acrylic polymers and polyester threads with the addition of quartz crumb, which does not have liquid wallpaper. The main components are cotton or cellulose fibers. Due to plasticizers, the service life of silk plaster increases.
Color range of shades of pearl silk plaster diverse. In the palette there are quite a few colors, in addition to the basic white, “silver” and standard colors (dairy, beige, peach, marble, gray and silver-blue, whiten-pink) there are a lot of tones in it, through which you can decorate any interior. The neutral group includes muffled gray tones with an admixture of colored pigments. The line of delicate shades includes: mint, nude, olive, caramel, coffee with milk, lilac, turquoise tones. Saturated paints attract the attention of emerald, burgundy, orange and their shades, sea wave color, terracotta, blue, sand, green, coffee, brick colors.
Application in the interior
This decorative material can be used in different ways. Silkography is suitable for decorating the surface of the walls, ceiling and architectural features of the room. Registration of the entire wall area is the traditional application of this finish. It looks much more interesting to emphasizing such material of a certain section of the wall. For example, you can combine the silk plaster to highlight the zone at the head of the bed in the bedroom, salave the remaining plane with wallpaper with silk screen.
Combining joints can be disguised by molding. It is especially interesting to use silk plaster in the form of a panel. So the finish will not hit the pocket and can be performed with its help, unique paintings, issuing them framing in baguette or ceiling plinth. If finance allows you to make an emphasis with the transition to the ceiling. This will make a novelty to the interior and will allow you to emphasize the desired functional zone.
Application in the kitchen of such a finish is undesirable. But in the living room, hallway such a decor of the walls will look winning. He is far from understanding the classics, so there will be an interior highlight.
It will be interesting to look like a finish of silk stucco. For example, it can be decorated with a wall near the guest zone or zonate the space of the archer zone, if there is an erker indoors.
Tips for applying
Application of the material is impossible without preliminary wall training. So that the coating looked beautiful and presentable, you should take a note of several techniques of experienced masters. The process of cladding includes alignment of the base, surface treatment with soil and composition.
- If the base before it was covered with a whitewash with an inhomogeneous structure and grains, lay them: they can cause poor quality coverage.
- If there are fat spots, old paint or bliss remove them completely, after which go over the surface with a damp rag to remove dust from whitewash.
- Eliminate all the bugs from the surface, smear the holes and cracks so that the layer of the plaster was uniform.
- Before applying the primer, give some time on the shrinkage of dust, then wipe the floor.
- Prepare a building roller and a flat brush: so you will accelerate the processing of the base.
- Use deep penetration primer in the work with the type of base type (under concrete, wood, drywall), these drugs for each surface differ.
- Take the composition with a penetrating ability to 1 cm, it will strengthen the walls and lines their structure.
- Buy the composition with a quartz crumb: it will create a rough crystal lattice on the surface, at the expense of which the decorative plaster will hold longer.
- Process the surface twice with the gap required for drying each layer.
- Buy white soil, it is relevant not only for dark surfaces: due to the white shade of the primer, the color of the color of wet silk applied to the base.
- Note: This material is not applied by one layer as liquid wallpapers. Get so silk surface will not work.
- The thickness of the first layer should not exceed more than 2 mm.
- Apply a lot of small portions, but optimally quickly, leveling the thickness of the sections among themselves.
- Barsters can be performed in different directions: it will give the finish individuality (this creates prints in the form of curls and leaves, as well as radial pattern).
- To impart wet silk, it is worth applying the first layer of the maximum thickness of 1 mm.
- When finishing the surface of the second layer, you can use special textured rollers: they will help to give seamless facing any drawing and texture (up to simulation of textile folds), which will play in the sun.
- If you need to perform a contrast pattern on the finished canvase after drying, it is necessary to purchase a special roller with a pattern and, dipping it into the material of the right color, ride on the surface in the direction from top to bottom.
The composition is sold in the form of a finished mass and a mixture for breeding. The first type does not need to be adjusted in addition to the case, if you need to add a pearl or pigment. The second category provides for the dilution of its water temperature in the proportions indicated on the package. An important nuance in the process of performing finishing works is the fact that in the case of independent change in the color of the mixture, it is necessary to perform the knead. Otherwise, the finish can look at piping, characterized by the intensity of the shade.
Decorative silk plaster has a lot of positive feedback on the network. Those who with her help decorated the interior of their dwelling, celebrate: wet silk is a beautiful and unusual way of making walls of different rooms. It looks like this decor of surfaces is very stylish, emphasizes the welfare of the owners and their delicate taste. Reviews of silk plaster are predominantly enthusiastic: the coating looks luxurious, beautiful, as in the paintings. The only minus, according to consumers, is the need to search for a good master who will make facing flawlessly, as the decoration is complex in application.
To understand the difference in wet silk with conventional plaster and liquid wallpaper and evaluate its significance for interior design, it is worth contacting the examples of the photo gallery. If you wish such plaster, you can decorate the interior in a classic, modern, ethnic style.
- An example of using artistic painting on silk plaster on the protrusion of the wall.
- The focusing of the niche with the help of the picture looks beautiful and unusual.
- Receiving a visual increase in the space of the guest zone by means of a one-photon coating with the effect of “wet silk”.
- Registration of the protrusion by the method of Venetian plaster transmits a special effect of the coating.
- An example of the design design of the wall of the guest room of the living room with the effect of the sized surface and the central image.
- The focusing of the bedroom zone fills the space of a special atmosphere that promotes relaxation.
- An example of the combination of two texts: Silk plaster is perfectly combined with a tile for decorative brick.
- The surface under ancient with cracks and silk gloss looks unusual.
- An example of drawing the drawing through auxiliary tools and paints of several colors allows you to understand the difference between the patterns of liquid wallpaper.
- The use of smooth technology allows you to create a textile effect on the walls, which visually makes the living room cozy.
- Original Reception Silk Pattern Surface Decorating. Due to the pearl brilliance, the pattern seems to be volumetric.
- Application of the volumetric pattern over the silk surface looks unusual.
About what the silk plaster looks in the interior design, look in the following video.