The design of the facade of the building is one of the most important moments during construction or repair work. If you think about the appearance of your home of attractiveness for a long time, then you have a large range of various materials. Today, any products from certain manufacturers are offered on the market. From our article you will learn what to choose for the design of the facade and what aspects require special attention.
Features of the material
Wall material must meet certain requirements and quality standards. Since we are talking about the facade, it is reasonable to choose paint, which can cope with temperature differences, weather conditions and other factors. I want the finish to serve for many years, defects and cracks did not appear on the wall, which means that The choice of material must be done puff. The coloring compositions are presented in a rich assortment, so you will need to study the features of materials and compare their advantages. This will help determine what will be better for the facade of your building.
Pay attention to silicone paints that are well suited for outdoor work. On the network you can find a lot of positive feedback regarding this material.
Means is an aqueous emulsion of silicon-organic resins. It does not pose a danger to no human health, nor for the environment. Some experts note that the material was used earlier by artists. To date, this is one of the most common means for finishing facades, and it can be reasonably justified:
- The main advantage of silicone paints is that they are suitable for working with a different surface, and this means much. Your facade of wood, stone or other material is made – such a facing version will be one of the best.
- As for the rest of the performance characteristics, the paint is easy to apply on any surface, it has excellent adhesive properties. If you have not previously prepared the facade, it will not make any problems with the application of material. Thanks to this dye, you can solve problems of defective sites on the wall, hide roughness and close cracks, and this is a significant advantage.
- Since the facade in the autumn period is under high humidity, the silicone agent will cope with such a task, as it repels water. This allows you to apply it and not worry about the appearance of fungus or bacteria. And under the right sunlight it does not crack, which is equally important.
- Silicone paint does not have a surface tension, which prevents the appearance of defects. On the surface covered surface, there will be no strong pollution or dust.
- As mentioned above, the paint is environmentally friendly, is created on a silicone basis.
- In greatest demand, such a facing material is used due to a long service life, which can be about twenty-five years, and this is one of the main advantages.
It is impossible not to note some minuses of silicone paints, because everyone has them. First of all, the cost of such a material is somewhat high, although it is justified by excellent quality. But there is an opinion that with time prices will become more affordable.
If you decide to cover the paint a metal surface, it is recommended to process it, otherwise corrosion will appear soon. But on the market you can find products where there are already supplements that avoid such trouble.
How to use?
The process must be started with the preparation of the surface that will not take much time. As it is about the facade of the building, it needs to be cleared of pollution and remove dust, as well as the remains of the previous coating, if you make repairs. Wait until everything is completely dry, and then you can proceed to the next stage.
Experts recommend using primer to improve paint adhesive with the surface, and it will reduce consumption. Use a pulverizer to simplify the task and speed up the workflow. Of course, you can also apply the usual roller if you finish a small area.
How to choose?
Purchase is the same important point as the grace process itself. It is necessary to pay attention to the components of the material you are going to purchase. The best choice will be a means in which less chemical additives, Do not forget to clarify the shelf life of products. Choose material for facade works only in proven stores and from leading manufacturers. To do this, it is better to explore customer reviews that advise what option for finishing the best.
It is important and the type of surface on which silicone paint will be applied. If you are going to favay the metal facade, choose a tool that has a high percentage of electrical conductivity. Work is better to perform in dry weather when the surface is not wet and ready for processing.
How to determine the required number?
To do this, make measurements of the width, the length and height of the facade, which are going to cover. The result obtained is multiplied by payment per 1 m2. Usually one liter of paint enough for ten squares, but it all depends on the manufacturer of material and product composition. Purchasing high-quality paint, you will have enough two layers of application, and the facade will look amazing, especially if you use the primer, which is based on acrylic. So, making calculations, you can significantly reduce material consumption
The facade paint Silicone is in great demand due to the advantages of which you learned above. But before buying such a material, it is necessary to carefully examine the characteristics, as the products of different manufacturers may differ slightly. This affects not only on the quality of the coating, but also on the flow rate of the painting. If you first encountered such a task, It is recommended to seek help to qualified specialists who will advise and answer questions.
Summing up, it is safe to say that silicone paints are perfectly suitable for coating facades and cope with factors that affect the outer surface. This is a modern facing material, thanks to which you can make an appearance of the room presentable, stylish and beautiful. Follow the recommendations when buying products, and then the result of the work will justify all your expectations.
Overview of silicone paint and its advantages See next video.