Times when all private houses and summer cottages were the same as “from Larz”, a long time passed. Nowadays, the facades are distinguished by a noticeable variety of geometric shapes, textures and shades. The wide range of offered finishing materials makes it possible to realize the most non-standard and original solutions when finishing their home, give it a more stylish, bright and aesthetic appearance.
The maximum scope of fantasy in this regard gives siding – one of the highest quality types of finishes with a large selection of textures and shades.
Now for the production of building materials, a variety of raw materials are used, ranging from stone and metal and finishing waste recycling products. In this regard, siding can please – panels are made of a variety of materials, so everyone can find a modification to his taste and wallet.
Siding – Modern Good Material, Ubyspeted For Saving Private Houses, Daches and Other Buildings. The main function of the panels is the protection of the facades from the effects of adverse atmospheric factors (humidity, temperature difference, wind, ultraviolet radiation).
Several main types of siding: metal, wooden and vinyl.
The panels are made of cold-rolled galvanized steel, a purple or polyester is used as a covering. Thickness starts from 1 mm, and width – from 55 cm.
Surfaces can be smooth or curly. Smooth panels enjoyed in high demand in recent years, this is due to the simplicity of installation of plates in any position – both in horizontal and vertical.
Metal and robes have exceptionally high consumer characteristics:
- hygroscopic – resistant to moisture;
- does not change its physico-technical properties under conditions of temperature drops, its functionality remains unchanged at t from -50 to +80 degrees Celsius;
- does not ignite, protects the walls from the effects of fire;
- wearless, resistant to mechanical shocks and damage;
- Rodents can not spoil this material, it does not form mold, and the fungus does not multiply;
- panels are easy to install and operate;
- Made of environmentally friendly raw materials, does not emit harmful and toxic substances, does not contain radiation;
- has a long service life – more than 50 years.
The product is widely used when erecting new buildings and restoration of old buildings. It is equally popular in private house-building, in the facing of shopping and public institutions.
This type of siding is also called Canadian. Its undoubted advantages include environmental friendliness – panels are made from the natural species of high quality wood, however, the cost of such materials, respectively, is quite high. Raw materials for the production of plates serves compressed wood, mixed with special polymer components. Additives protect the tree from external factors, give it additional resistance to moisture and temperature drops, make panels durable and emphasize the natural beauty of the texture.
The main characteristics of wooden siding:
- Plates are distinguished by moisture resistance;
- The material is not affected by insects and parasites, as well as mice and rats;
- Exhibits excellent fire-resistant qualities;
- have a reduced thermal conductivity indicator, thereby holds and maintains heat indoors;
- allows the facade to “breathe”, that is, does not interfere with the circulation of air.
The disadvantages include:
- labor-intensive installation of panels;
- need for constant processing and cleaning as pollution;
- The material does not tolerate chlorine, acid-alkaline solutions and other means used to purify surfaces;
- service life does not exceed 25 years.
Vinyl siding is used everywhere in the interior decoration and external facing of residential buildings, industrial buildings and shopping facilities. It can be safely argued that this material is an unconditional sales leader in its segment.
The reasons for such popularity are caused exclusively by consumer properties of siding:
- low price;
- aesthetic appearance;
- variety of textures and shades;
- Easy fasteners;
- high heat insulation;
- ease of care and cleaning;
- environmental Safety;
- Long term use – up to 40 years.
Separate manufacturers have established a siding out of other materials, however, they are less popular among consumers. For sale there are ceramic and fibrotent siding.
Ceramic siding is made from clay with the addition of special binding components. The pluses of the material include its fire-resistance and harmlessness, as well as a variety of textures, imitating brick and wood. Reducing demand on the model is associated with the advent of cheaper analogues on the market.
Fibrocement siding is distinguished by high strength, wear resistance and practicality. However, the plates have a considerable weight, to withstand which may not every building. Yes, and the price of fibrocement is much higher than on products from other materials.
Depending on the placement of the panels, the vertical, horizontal and base siding are also distinguished.
Functional differences between horizontal and vertical plates are absent – they are made from the same material and are characterized by similar physicochemical properties.
They have differences that have a significant impact on the installation.
- Various plates configuration. Installation of vertical models in the horizontal direction is possible, however, there is a possibility of water from entering the facade and siding.
- Vertical plates are not equipped with a special perforation that ensures the flow of condensate, and in horizontal plates such perforations are present at the bottom of each panel.
That is why the Russian consumer most often gives preference to horizontal types of siding, although from the point of view of installation is vertical more convenient and easier.
Congue siding is a panel made by casting, visually they imitate natural stone.
Basic raw materials can be any, however, there are several active ingredients that determine the operational parameters of siding:
- Titanium dioxide – protects against burnout under the influence of UV rays;
- modifiers – to increase strength;
- Plasticizer – promotes plastic coating
- High quality resins.
The base panels do not require special processing before mounting – they are easy to care and durable.
Select color suitable for facing the facade – the task is quite difficult, this is due to the large range of panel material presented on the shelves of construction hypermarkets. Main colors Siding 25: White, Brown, White, Yellow, Red, Beige, Green, Gold Oak and Beron, Blue, Black, Blue and Others.
Tints of beige and smoky colors are most popular, the white, lightweight and lemon tones are slightly lagging behind them. Not uncommon – facades lined with light green panels.
Pastel tones, as a rule, prefer during the design of cottages and country houses, Such panels are much cheaper than their colored analogs. In elite housekeeping, use materials of saturated shades that do not burn out over time – they are for an order more than more.
The tint palette is directly related to the material from which panels are made
For example, the base material imitates wood and natural stone, it most often it has neutral gray and brown tones. If the panel reproduces the texture of natural sandstone – siding will be an amber or bronze shade. Optional color ivory.
The palette of metal and vinyl siding tones is much wider – these products are presented in all the variety of colors and shades, from gently pastel to bright and saturated.
What a shade preferred is the case of taste and personal wishes of the property owner.
Designers give some general tips that should not be neglected:
- Siding bright shades visually increases the size of the structure, so it is optimal for houses with a small area;
- If shrubs grow close to houses – also give preference to light shades of white, cream or sandy color. These shades look perfectly with foliage and blooming branches;
- The plates of dark shades make the structure less noticeable, give a rigorous appearance and visually reduce its dimensions;
- Do not use dark green or brown, when there are trees near the house, the construction is lost on their background;
- shades of gray and blue tones, as well as brick-red give the facade a gloomy look, so designers recommend combining them with light elements – cornices, platbands and angles;
- Dark shades are optimal for accents;
- The novelty and freshness of the facing will give color panels, such houses attract attention, but in the facades do not recommend using more than one bright shade;
- In buildings with a complex architecture, it is worth resorting to the panels of a single color, and all sorts of protrusions and corners will be placed white – this simple technique will allow to level the massiveness of the building, to make it the most air and elegant;
- The houses of a simple simple form is better to bind with multi-colored panels, they will give the construction a spectacular and stylish look, emphasize the good taste of their owners;
- The buildings weathered in the classic style require pastel shades of a warm or cold color palette, it will not look too much and white;
- Country houses or buildings in the country style will be harmonious if they bind them with panels, imitating the color and texture of wood or natural stone;
- But for the modern building of Modern or High-tech, saturated shades of salad, purple, red and emerald color are suitable in combination with white or beige.
Experts recommend using facing facades no more than 2-3 colors of panels. The most used combinations are bright top + dark bottom, dark top + light bottom and tone-in-tone.
Light tones are well combined with darkest temperatures, When choosing such a design it is worth laying out gray or brown corners and doors, separating windows and all sorts of softens, as well as to make a terrace, a balcony or a garage attached to the building.
Conversely: Dark slabs must be combined with light components.
It is important to make the right selection of the color of the facade to the hue of the roof.
- If the roof is blue – The optimal for siding will be bright models, and the choice can be stopped both on warm and cold shades. It will be very stylish if all the decorative elements also arrange in the blue gamma. Taking into account this that the tonality of blue in different parts of the facade must coincide;
- Standard brown Roofing will be combined with panels of light chocolate, cream and beige colors. Boldly, but we will stylish salad facing materials, when buying components it is worth staying on the same brown tones;
- Green roof – Here you need to pay attention to the panel of white or light gray, and it can be concerned with green challenges. However, the components in the shades of the facade will also look good;
- Cherry roof – one of the most “universal” shades. It looks great with the most diverse colors with the exception of blue, green and turquoise. Brown tone is also not worth using, the building will look gloomily and sloppy;
- Light roof – This option is not distributed, but it is found in practice. Bright colors of siding will be good with him: the shades of lemon, peach or kiwi will add a house of freshness and fill it with a sense of spring, sun and heat.
Tip: In reality, the color and shades may not coincide with the manufacturer presented in catalogs and prospects, and the combination of tones may be distant from the expected. To avoid this, it is better to take advantage of special programs that will show exactly how the sheathing of different shades will look at the facade. This will allow you to quickly and easily choose the main color of the material, as well as pick up harmonious challenges. It is worth paying attention to the fact that these programs will be useful only in cases where traditional facing is expected. If the owner of the building plans to use a few shades, the service is not suitable. In this situation, it is worth seeking help from a manufacturer’s company or get acquainted with the typical table of color matching parameters.
Tips and recommendations
When buying siding, think about what impression he will produce at home. By choosing a new tint, you can change the sensations that people experience at the form of building.
White color people perceived with a positive, it produces a favorable impression and winning on the background of flowers and plants. However, the panels are quickly dirty, which can significantly worsen the appearance.
Gray for most people is a symbol of sadness and light melancholy. Therefore, even in the most modern and stylish design can cause a decay of mood. But if you have decided to issue a house in graphite shades, take care that the construction stand out against the background of other yard structures.
Brown tones were always considered a symbol of modesty. They are optimal for owners of houses that prefer simple style without any reason and originality
Yellow – joyful color, causing exclusively positive emotions. This makes siding such shades popular and in demand. However, do not forget that the color of the facade should be combined with the roof tone.
Another point to pay attention to when choosing siding is the ability of dark color to absorb heat. If the house stands outdoor sun, dark tones require the use of protective coatings. Otherwise, not avoiding thermal deformations – it will significantly increase the cost of all facade facing works.
Very nice look at the houses decorated with light siding.
With the right combination of various shades and the combination of panels, dark siding gives the building a stylish and flawless look.
Bright shades bring fresh notes and sensations of spring all year round.
What color is siding, see next video.