Many homeowners try to make their accommodation not only comfortable, but also presentable, choosing for exterior decoration siding under the log. This material is well suited for the facing of all types of buildings, gives the aesthetics architecture and reliably protects it from the negative impact of the external environment. Most often, siding under the tree choose the owners of bar and frame structures. This finish makes it possible to improve the performance of the house and performs the role of excellent heat, steam and sound insulation. The facade coating is considered to be a budget facing, does not require large financial costs and easily mounted.
Country house is an excellent place to housing, so the question of its arrangement must be considered responsibly, in particular, it concerns the external design of the structure. Since the natural bar is expensive, and the process of its installation is complex and requires a lot of time, most of the masters prefers for cladding siding under the log.
This building material is considered unique, Since it is produced according to a special technology, thanks to which the house-covered house is not inferior to the external data of the natural tree, perfectly withstands complex climatic conditions and does not need additional processing.
In addition, the material panels have a small weight and do not create a load on the framework frame.
Today, siding under the bar has been widely used in the following areas:
- Building and finishing country cottages;
- decorative design veranda, arbors and other attacks;
- repair work of previously installed facades;
- lining of cottages;
- in the construction of additional architectural structures;
- The house was brought by siding amazed by its beauty, as due to the huge selection of shades and structures, the material can be selected for any design, creating an original look at the land.
Benefits and disadvantages of material
Siding under the log wound a worthy place in the construction market, as the product perfectly imitates the texture of the tree and allows the originally to design the buildings, giving them an expensive and exquisite.
In addition to aesthetic function, siding is also characterized by the following advantages:
- Easy to care. Such panels do not require primer and painting. To “refresh” the coating, it is enough to wash it with water.
- Fast and easy installation. To install the material, you do not need to use special equipment and tools. First make the crate and just attach panels.
- The ability to carry out installation work regardless of the time of the year. Uninstall the house by siding you can both in the winter and summer.
- Universality. Building material apply not only for outdoor decoration, they will also decorate interior.
- Long service life. On average, siding under the tree serves more than 50 years.
- Huge selection of species.
- Chic assortment of texture and colors.
- High resistance to temperature differences, moisture, ultraviolet radiation and mold.
As for the shortcomings, they can be attributed to them:
- Content of synthetic components. Siding produce from chemical elements, so it is not considered an eco-friendly raw material.
- Low fire safety. Panels are prone to fire, besides this, when combustion, the product may highlighted hazardous substances. As a rule, it concerns siding on a vinyl-based basis, so it is not recommended to be installed in industrial buildings.
- Loss of strength at low temperature. Under the influence of a sharp drop temperature, the panel temperature is started to be mechanically damaged and quickly break.
Siding under the log is made of various types, while the facing of houses made by wooden panels enjoy. They externally resemble lining, but have an oval shape, produced from milled wood and are considered to be completely ecological raw materials. In addition, this type of siding can also be used for internal decoration of premises, where it will create a wonderful design. The material is special processing, so during operation is not exposed to deformation and shrinkage, increases the sound and thermal insulation of the structure.
To extend the term of such a cladding, the siding panel is recommended to constantly twist lacquer and cover with protective equipment from moisture, pests and mold.
Metallic siding has proven well. It is produced from galvanized sheets thick from 0.45 to 0.52 mm. Material consists of several layers and covered with protective coating. Iron siding might mimic one or simultaneously several logs and has a mounting width to 355 mm. Panels are convenient in the installation, as connected with the help of locks. Thanks to such a finish, the structure acquires high thermal insulation, does not burn and resistant to temperature drops, can withstand the range from -50 from to +80 s.
Metal siding is also characterized by a long service life and can safely serve up to 50 years. In addition, the material is represented by a huge selection of colors and textures. The only disadvantage of iron panels is that with them you need to extremely carefully apply when assembling, so as not to damage the protective layer. As a rule, the panels are cut by special tools, after which the cutting places are ground and painted under the main color.
An excellent option for finishing houses is both vinyl siding. By design, the material has similarities with metal panels. The facing of buildings with such panels does not represent tremendous complexity, 3.66 m products are used for work. Vinyl siding is produced from PVC, so he is unstable to burning. Plastic material when installing requires the implementation of certain technologies, for this, small gaps leave between the panels. They help to avoid the deformation of the coating with the possible expansion of the elements.
In the construction market you can also meet acrylic siding. This facade material is considered the most beautiful and versatile, its composition includes various components and the latest types of polymers. The unique production technology makes panels resistant to ultraviolet rays and an aggressive environment. Usually, such siding is crushed by the buildings that require the original design, since the material perfectly imitates the log and can have bright saturated and light tones.
Acrylic finish does not lose its initial view for 50 years, panels are not deformed and sold at an affordable price.
In addition, siding under the log can be made from fibrcement, which is a mixture consisting of reinforcing fibra, cement and sand. This material is not only famous for durability, durability, but is absolutely safe in operation. Since the panels have a lot of weight, then when installing them on a frame, you need to additionally strengthen the design. Externally panels may have bends under a tree or be smooth.
Siding under the log is a modern type of facing material, which not only has many advantages, but also allows you to beautifully perform exterior trim of houses. To date, you can purchase various types of siding, each of which is distinguished by texture, forms, color and sizes. At the same time, the latter play a huge role when installing material. Typically panels for logs are made of standard sizes of 500 × 361 mm, but may also meet the panels of 500 × 230 mm, 600 × 330 mm, 800 × 361 mm.
As for the thickness of the sheets, it happens 0.35 mm, 0.4 mm, 0.45 mm, 0.5 mm. Siding produce, as a rule, a height of 28 mm and 30 mm. During installation work, connecting parts are additionally used in the form of platbands, rails, corners and brackets. Therefore, before installing the panels, it is important to correctly calculate their dimensions, as there may be problems with the fastening. Usually, for finishing houses, it is preferred to choose a siding length of 2000, 4000 and 6000 mm, it allows you to quickly sow huge areas and makes installation economical, as it requires minimum trimming.
Siding under a natural tree opens up huge opportunities for designers, as it makes it interesting to design an external finish.
So that the decorative casing is harmoniously combined with the general type of architectural structure, it is important to correctly select the color and texture of the panels.
Also worth adhere to the following recommendations.
- Light log siding will look beautifully on the background of a dark roof. This combination of shades is classic and therefore it can often be found at the design of country houses.
- The brightness of the walls depends on the size of the structure, so thanks to a simple game of colors with siding, you can visually increase or decrease the building. At the same time, emphasize the shade of the walls can be colored basement and windows.
- The win-win option is siding, imitating a round log. If its shade is completely repeated the color of the roof, then the monolithic design will be.
- Unusual design is considered to finish a house with dark panels under the tree. To make the exterior acquired some individuality, the roof in this case needs to be made light. It concerns and shades of doors, windows. They must stand out against siding with light paints.
- For the houses of a simple form, you need to create bright contrast and unusual transitions between panels and other design items. As for buildings with a complex configuration, it is possible to give them solidity using a calm combination of shades. At the same time, it is good to choose panels under the bar, the most appropriate natural colors.
In addition, the exterior of the country house should consist of at the same time out of several shades, but it is worth paying attention to the fact that during the facing of the structure it is impossible to use warm and cold colors of siding immediately. Otherwise, the balance of the palette and the house will be perceived negatively. If the construction is placed inside the plantings, then it is necessary to beautifully emphasize the harmony of nature and at home, arrange a single designer picture where siding shades should be repeated in other elements of the landscape. Therefore, for these purposes, the choice is most often stopped on the material of brown, green, yellow, beige and blue.
In addition to the palette, in facing of structures, great attention is paid to the style of design, in accordance with which a certain type of siding is selected.
- Russian manor. Such houses are characterized by complex forms, therefore siding is suitable for logs of neutral shades. So the decorative finish will emphasize the architectural configurations and will make the structure of chic.
- Classic. For this design, the beige tone material is chosen, it gives the house vintage look and most corresponds to a natural tree. At the same time, it is interesting to cladding siding, in which panels repeat the natural texture of the bar. Well suits such a decor for country structures that are placed on small land plots.
- Renaissance. Registration of houses in such a stylistic direction provides for the use of a siding of a reddish, brown, creamy and cream shade. Facade in Renaissance must have a contrast finish, so it is desirable to choose a glossy surface panel.
- Provence, Country and Mediterranean Style. All buildings in this design combines white color. In order to achieve an unusual effect in facing, white decor is recommended to combine with a gray and steel tint palette. In the facing, you can use both acrylic and vinyl siding.
- Alpine style. Such houses are striking the original combination of white with natural woody. Therefore, when placing the facade, the material is best under the timber to complement with light inserts. Unusually with panels under a tree looks white plaster and roof with straw. In the event that the roof is made from red tiles, then a dark brown siding will also become an excellent option for the external cladding. In addition, the panel under the logo light brown and sandy shade can be used to design structures in which there are elements of brickwork.
Beautiful examples of facing
To date, the finishing of houses under the timber is enjoyed. It allows you to create chic design and unusual compositions. Depending on the texture and imitation of the material, the architectural structure can be given both strict and modern appearance. Most often for country houses choose wooden siding, it is installed vertically and horizontally. Such panels under the timber are ideal for facing the attic. The angular shape of the material makes it as similar to the natural structure of the tree. As for colors, in this case it is best to use panels for a light log. They not only emphasize the beauty of the design, but also are easily combined with any option of the roof.
You can also see the construction of siding under the bar, which mimics the shipboard. It is considered universal and perfectly suitable for both large and small houses. Depending on personal preferences and landscape design features, you can choose bright and dark shades of panels. This siding is best at the same time to place a residential building and all adjacent extensions, including garden gazebos. This will create a common image of a plot.
It looks good at home and material under the Eurobrus, which accurately repeats the structure of the military bar. After such a cladding, the building receives a natural look. In the event that it is necessary to maximize the effect of a wooden cut, then in the design it is best to use the “log” siding, it is produced in various widths and after installation work is practically no different from finishing with natural material. For large buildings, it can be combined with dark inserts, and for small houses it is desirable to choose light brown and beige shades.
How to see the house siding under the log, look in the following video.