Plasterboard is a universal finishing material, used for finishing and creating a variety of architectural structures, serve as additional sound insulation. But for its installation, a whole arsenal of special components, diverse in its intended purpose. To choose the right to choose all the necessary details, you need to have an idea of their basic functions and features.
Details required for installation GLC
If the alleged works are not limited to a simple cladding with drywall sheets, it will take the creation of a frame to which the material will be attached, because it has a significant weight. Such a doom is mounted using various-caliber profiles interconnected by fasteners.
Basic components for GLK:
- Plasterboard profiles;
- Connecting metal elements;
It should be immediately agreed that all components should be durable and decent quality to ensure the durability and reliability of the design. At the same time, it is worth paying attention to the weight of the products so as not to create an excessive load.
Strong frame – this is the basis of further work, so professional masters recommend not to save on the thickness of the rack profiles.
As a rule, components have standard factory sizes, but in some cases it is possible to purchase an individual order.
Profiles for plasterboard
To work with plasterboard, in most cases, metal profiles made of galvanized steel are used, differing in their functional load. They are created in the process of cold rolling and equipped with longitudinal ribbing ribs to increase strength. Standard profile length – 3000 mm, although in practice parts and other sizes are produced – from 2700 to 6000 mm.
Products are divided into several types:
- The rack profile is made in the form of a channel having a P-shaped section, and has a bent shelter. This is the main element of the island – it is used as a vertical rack. Special grooves on its backs provide a compound of plasterboard sheets. Grooves that are from the sides are needed for screws. Conventional depth – 50 mm with width from 50 to 100 mm.
- The profile guide has a P-shaped form and serves as the basis for the direction of the rack. He has the same as he has a width, but differs height – 40 mm. Mounted elements in a pair.
- Ceiling details are used for cladding ceilings, single-level and multi-level. In their form, they are similar to the racket components, have the same ribs of rigidity and bent shelves. In fact, this material is often used for plasterboard plastering. Their width is 60 mm, and the depth is 27 mm.
- In a pair with ceiling often use the ceiling guide profile with 27 mm wide and a depth of 28 mm.
- Corner parts are needed to impart the reliability of external and internal angles to prevent deformation.
Profiles are used to finish the walls, as well as for the construction of partitions. In the latter case, when choosing a profile, it is important to take into account the height of the design. What it is more, the wider and thicker should be metal. Such products can be shortened with the help of a cutting circle, grinder or special scissors.
Additional fastenings of the frame
To firmly sticking the guides and racking components, auxiliary elements are necessary.
For these purposes, connecting fasteners, having perpendicular directions to each other. Self-tapping screws are needed for its installation. The longitudinal connector is used to eliminate profiles. These elements are required when creating mounted ceilings and other designs.
A special place in carrying out the installation of GLC occupies “Crab” is a connecting component of galvanized metal, which has a cross-shaped form with bending legs, allowing the part to fix the part on the profile. Extra paws have holes for fixing by self-draws. The connector can be attached to the surface and through the suspension, due to the auxiliary holes from the sides and in the center. Such a detail is able to withstand the load of 20 kg and more.
- Single-level – functionally intended for connecting profiles in one plane with a large area of the room, when the lengths of the products are clearly not enough. Most often, they are used to extend the carriers of segments in the ceiling construction located perpendicular to each other. Their thickness is not more than 0.06 mm. At high loads, it makes sense of additional fixing by self-draws.
- Duplex products – fixed vertical, at right angles at different levels of components. Bilateral fixing ensures the strength of the construction.
Also, a direct suspension is used to connect drywall at the ceiling. It is a metal plate with special cuts and perforations. One side of the detail is attached to the ceiling, the other fixes the profile at a certain height. It is able to withstand the load up to 40 kg. A similar function is performed and an anchor suspension, when there is not enough length of the straight element. Maximum it withstands 25 kg of weight per square. M.
Any types of metal profiles and connecting elements require additional consolidation for stability and strength.
When installing plasterboard sheets, mainly apply:
- Self-tapping screws – these details are relevant for the compound of plasterboard with metal surfaces. In different cases, it is the meaning of using puncturing or drilling products (such as LB and LN). They can be replaced with a detail with a press washer that has a less massive hat. If one layer of HCL is envisaged, then fastening with a length of 25 mm, with a larger number of layers – 40 mm.
- Anchor-wedge is necessary for suspensions, this is the best solution when creating ceiling lining. Such fasteners firmly holds weight and corrosion resistant.
- Dowel-nail is designed to consolidate on brick, concrete, stone grounds. To perform high-quality fixation, apply drill, after which the cartridge is inserted and manually clogged with a hammer.
In case of cladding of walls, polymer dowels from polypropylene or nylon are usually taken, metal parts apply to the construction of ceilings that provide increased strength.
In order for the construction of plasterboard to serve for a long time, It is necessary to take into account some nuances:
- When choosing a profile, such characteristics as the length and width are important, since it depends on the fast and easy installation;
- Thin metal parts may not withstand the weight of the structure, so for long-term operation it is necessary to accurately calculate the width of the products;
- It is impossible to acquire materials even with the slightest traces of rust, it is best to choose galvanized steel;
- For the installation of GLC, it is not advisable to buy construction nails, because they damage drywall;
- It should be paid attention to the notch – it must be a clear and pronounced;
- Burzes, a stupid tip of fasteners, influx on the plugs of dowels – these are defects and signs of low-quality goods.
Knowing these features can avoid disappointments during work. It will not hurt to ask and the certificate of quality – it will be an additional guarantee of the quality of components and will ensure the successful improvement of the room.
What to choose a profile for drywall, see next video.