In the school program in labor lessons for boys, classes with jigsaws are provided. And not in vain – someone will come in handy in adulthood for daily professional work, someone will use this tool in the garage to perform shallow handmade. Another thing is that for most consumers it is really important to choose only the Lobzik himself, whereas few people go to the details of the choice. Many believe that all saws are divided only on those that for metal and wood, however, even the latners suggest much more extensive classification.
The difference in saws for a wood jigsaw is due to the fact that the sawn material (although it is conditional and can be called wood) can be different in thickness and density. The value in this case has the slightest characteristics, since even the angle of inclination of teeth should take into account the structure of the selected material. The wrong choice often becomes the cause of additional problems, because the process may unexpectedly delay for a long time (many it surprises, but even the saws on the metal can be difficult to cut wood).
The leaf itself can suffer, not to mention a completely obvious error when I saw simply not suitable for your tool model.
The apparent solution can be popular in the market universal peelings, However, experts argue that it is rather a marketing stroke. According to professionals, due to the difference in the structure of individual materials, the saw, which would be equally well cut in any preparation, simply cannot be, and therefore the gullible to the buyer should not listen to such unscrupulous advertising.
The dishonest seller will never be able to deceive you if you are well versed in markings, because all the necessary information about the canvase is encrypted in an alphanumeric set, which is necessarily applied to it. In most cases, the marking consists of Latin letters and numbers – let’s try to figure out what they mean.
- First letter – Lobzik shank type. It depends on this indicator, whether the canvas fit your jigscription. The most popular goods are saws for the T-shaped and x-shaped shape of the shank, in the marking of which the corresponding letter is in the first place, it also meets less often. Ask exactly what kind of shank from your jigsik, otherwise even a good sawing will be useless.
- Figures – Length of the canvas. There are four main sizes: standard (75 mm in length), middle web (90 mm), elongated (150 mm) and long (more than 150 mm). The label does not indicate the length of the saw completely – these classes are assigned numbers from one to four, the first figure in the marking indicates the length.
- Again the letter – Dimensions of the teeth. They can be both very large (D) and very small (a). If you need some intermediate position, pay attention to in (closer to small) and with (closer to large).
- Another letter – the specifics of the use of the considered canvas. This letter in the marking may not be at all, but its presence is even more clarifying the purpose of the product. For example, X indicates the possibility of universal use of the saw (although it will not give an ideal result in any case), and o denotes the purpose for cutting with arc rotations. The canvas with P at the end of the labeling are thicker and suitable for inclined cutting, with R – are created specifically for very thin and extensive materials, the F also indicates the increased strength of the canvas.
There is still a separate marking indicating the material from which the canvas is made, because this factor also matters.
HSC saws are usually used for soft wood (high carbon steel, the best solution for wood as a whole), for more solid – NM / TC (solid alloys), BIM (Bimetal) can also be used as a solid averaged solution.
Understanding markings means that you can quickly determine what a leg in your hand, but it still does not mean that you learned to choose such products, pushing out from the material to be treated. At the same time, the classification of cloths is quite extensive, which always leaves an opportunity for an error when choosing. To avoid vain spending of money, consider how certain characteristics of the saw affect the area of its application.
Unlike the same metal sheets, wood materials are rarely subtle: for example, the thickness of the board can easily exceed one centimeter. For a successful cut, we need a significant amount of length, allowing the canvas to go up and down, therefore it is not surprising that the saws for the wood jigsaw is usually quite long. Accordingly, the thickness of the lumber, the longer the peel itself should be up to 150 mm and more. Another thing is that the length, one way or another, is associated with thickness.
At the same time, thick plates of the Fiberboard and the chipboard can be opened and a thick web, but for figure cutting it is necessary as thin sawing as possible, eliminating the likelihood of pattern damage.
It is for this reason that for thin work, several shorter specimens are usually chosen, but when wearing sweaty plates, they will work slowly and quickly wear.
Above we only in general terms reviewed the basic materials from which the canvas are made (in the context of marking). Now consider them in more detail – indicating how well they are suitable for wood.
- Carbon Steel (HCS Marking) It is not the highest strength, but good elasticity, for which it is rightly called the best solution for cutting wood. It is considered that it is considered to be a universal material for the wood of wood, because it “takes” everything: and fresh forest, and fiberboard or chipboard, and Paneru, and, if necessary, even plastic will succumb. In addition, it is sold everywhere, because at the first experiments with a jigsaw or in the process of habitual work should not look for anything else.
- Hardened Steel (HSS) For the tree is much worse – despite the increased strength, this material can not boast of elasticity, and therefore in dense wood it is easy to get forth. Such saws are better suited for relatively soft metals, it is possible to use them only for soft wood and only when there is no alternative.
- Bimetallic canvases (BIM) Combine the best qualities of the two described above – they are simultaneously very durable, and elastic, they are often made with diamond spraying. Another thing is that it is more expensive to cost such a saw, whereas it would be enough for wood and something more modest. Typically, such canvases are produced for tight alloys and dense metals. Although there are special sawmills for wood, experienced masters usually dislike them for low productivity.
- Carbide Lovers (NM) in their structure are optimally suitable for tiles and ceramics. For wood processing, they are used quite rarely and more often in the absence of an alternative, although in some situations they can really be a worthy option.
On the tooths
This criterion has the greatest impact on the finished incision, determining its beauty and accuracy. The newcomer may need to learn to distinguish different schemes of the dentive location, but Over time, he will learn to determine the suitable cloth in appearance, without resorting any labeling.
- Mercenary divorced teeth are one of the most popular solutions, they are suitable for various wood species (meaning of whole wood) and polymers or non-ferrous metals. As a result, the propyl is obtained rather rough and thick, but productivity – at the highest level, because it is the optimal solution for cutting blanks.
- Melting wavy teeth differ uniformity of the location and some smoothness, they are well suited for cutting pressed slabs from puffwood, as well as non-ferrous metals and steel with minor carbon impurities. Such a canvas will provide much more thin and straight cut.
- Divorced teeth with grinding stand out that they are directed as it were to the parties from the main direction. With their help, you can process both soft and solid wood species, and at high speed, but the width of the propyl can be very large.
- Grinded teeth placed under the free corner, Designed for any wood, as well as for many types of polymers. The advantage of choice in favor of precisely such a canvase will be the high accuracy of the cut, allowing not to process additionally edges of the workpiece.
Types of shanks have already been described above, it remains to determine exactly which option is suitable for your jigsik. It is easiest to know this by contacting the instructions or carefully having studied the previous used saw for fastening to the tool housing. Not all manufacturers seek to achieve the versatility of their fasteners, and some even provide different attachments from different models, because of which the consumer is confused even more.
Nevertheless, let’s try to delve into the main trends.
- T-shaped shank is the most popular in our time, however, and it is divided into one-minded (cruciform) and double-pore. If the first is found everywhere and uses many models of DeWalt, Bosch, Makita, Metabo and Skil, then the latter – quite rare and occurs only at Bosch.
- U-shaped shank Differs in semicircular notch at the end. Among the manufacturers it uses only Skil and Dewalt, the bulk of the jigsaw is sharpened under T-shaped saws.
- Direct and smooth shank with marking x Widely popular among brands, whose names are not as well known: for example, Bort, Defort, Hander.
- Sometimes come across Shanks with specific round holes, But they are only suitable for some models from Makita.
If you live far from large markets, the task of finding an optimal saw may seem practically impossible.
Ideally, it is possible to go away from the problem, if at the stage of choosing a jigsaw to try to choose the one that is designed for the most running saws with a T-shaped one-eyed shank, especially since this standard is widely used by many leading power tools manufacturers.
How to choose?
Finally, we will give some more tips about, how to choose the optimal saws for the electrolovka.
- If the wood processing is regularly, trying both for manual electrical and stationary tools to purchase a set of saws. This will not only allow you to not be distracted during the work, but will allow you to choose the best option at any time for the type of wood that in your hands (taking into account the specifics of the specific task). Separately, we note that this approach allows you to save, because wholesale is always cheaper.
- Carefully read the instructions for the jigsaw yourself – there may be valuable pointers in it as to which files it is suitable for more. Trying to choose the best option, be prepared in detail to describe the seller of the specialized store and the planned material, and the equipment used. At the same time, never go to the store with zero knowledge luggage – prevailing the newcomer, the unscrupulous seller can fool.
- As a rule, the best solution will be the choice of cloths of the same manufacturer, which has released and pubsing, taking into account the fact that the shanks in different models of the manufacturer may differ. At the same time, good saws produce famous brands: Makita, Bosch or DeWalt.
Read more about Ferlings for the Fitted on a tree, look in the video below.