Wallpapers – the most common type of decoration of apartments and houses. They protect the walls, are the zoning tool and simply please the eye with their appearance. In addition, they can visually make the room slightly higher or wider. Striped wallpaper are well suited to perform such a task.
Pros and cons
The advantages of such wall coatings include:
- Change of visual perception of the room;
- The ability to choose to any style;
- A wide range of models and materials allow them to be used in any room;
- Possible combination with other models;
- With their help, you can disguise uneven angles and walls;
- The presence of products of various price categories (from economy to premium class) allows you to choose the option of pocket.
There are some drawbacks:
- Difficulties in sticking;
- Depending on the type of wallpaper, some of them have difficulty cleaning, as well as differences in strength and resistance to external influences;
- Choosing a similar type of coating, it is necessary to soberly assess the capabilities and parameters of the apartment, as you can achieve directly opposite effect.
Wallpaper can be for walls and for ceiling. They may be single-layer or consist of two or three layers. Naturally, as the strength of the coating increases, and the properties are improved depending on the materials.
By location relative to the floor, the drawing can be:
- vertical (the drawing is located along the length of the canvas);
- horizontal (across the canvas);
The most common is the wallpaper with a vertical pattern. They can be pasted and horizontally semi. At the same time there are certain difficulties compared to the traditional, vertical bleaching method.
However, if you consider that the location of the bands affects how the room will look like, this deficiency does not seem essential.
Strips can be:
Combined wallpapers are common – when there are different sizes on the canvas. For example, narrow can serve as a framing of a wide band or be at some distance, but still vary in size. It should be remembered that the sequence is usually repeated with a certain step, so it must be taken into account when distributing the print on the surface.
Depending on the material of the manufacture, the following types of wallpaper are distinguished:
- Paper – most affordable and therefore the most popular. Another advantage is environmental friendliness, as they are made from natural cellulose. Such material is porous, the condensate does not accumulate under it and, therefore, the mold and fungus does not occur. They are less durable, do not withstand the temperature and humidity drops, their cleaning is practically impossible.
- Vinyl – The basis can be both paper and fliseline. Using vinyl, you can create original wallpaper models. Such material is very durable and durable, it can be washed with a sponge or brush and even paint if such a need arises.
- Fliselinovye Move from natural and synthetic raw materials. For example, cellulose and polyester. Due to this, they are biodegradable (and therefore environmental), but at the same time durable. They still distinguishes simplicity. Because of this, they are used as the basis for vinyl wallpaper – no need to spend time waiting for glue to the canvas.
- Textile – As the basis, all the same phlizelin or paper performs, and the top layer can be jute, silk, velor or felt. This is one of the most expensive options.
- Fiberglass – Used very rarely due to high cost. Produced from natural materials, fire-resistant, waterproof.
- Metallized – The most expensive. Consist of paper and thin aluminum layer. Reliable, protect against electromagnetic radiation, retain heat, but they require special glue.
Wallpaper can be:
- with a smooth surface;
Wallpaper from paper acquire their relief by overlaying a special layer through stencils. Two-layer wallpapers embossing only the top layer affects.
The stamping structure on vinyl is achieved in two ways:
- Using the application of foamed vinyl (imitation of shadows and correctly selected shades in aggregate with a major relief, give a three-dimensional effect);
- on hot stamping technology.
As a result, it turns out:
- compact vinyl (with imitation of natural materials);
- Silkography (the most sought-after, allow you to create shiny surfaces).
Fliselin wallpaper texture is formed by embossing under the action of high temperatures (can resemble the touch textile). Regarding the strips themselves – they can be allocated completely or only their borders, as well as decorative patterns within them. Similar views are well masked small defects. It does not concern shiny surfaces – they, on the contrary, emphasize even the smallest.
Factory drawing, namely his shadow, makes the lines more clear, therefore the effect of changing the parameters of the room is also increasing. For an even greater increase in it, the drawing must be narrow and frequent.
Russian manufacturers produce wallpapers, rolled in rolls width:
- 53 cm (traditional option);
- 106 cm (more modern).
Standard length – 10.05 meters (5 cm remains for error in one direction or another). Length can be more – for example, for painting. Foreign manufacturers produce products width 70 cm. Other non-standard parameters are supplied from Europe, but they are rare enough.
The main difference between meter and half-meter rolls – in the simplicity of past. Even newcomer will cope with meter fliesline wallpaper – they do not rush, the process itself is quite fast due to the larger area of the floor covering, the glue is applied directly to the canvas and do not wait when it is absorbed. In addition, when gluing wide wallpaper, there are fewer joints, which means that fewer associated with these inaccuracies may occur.
Depending on the color scheme, wallpaper with stripes can be divided into:
- strips of one or different colors on a neutral background (for example, white in a blue stripe);
- Multicolored, close to each other.
If the colors are somewhat, it is necessary to correctly correlate them. For this you can rely on congenital taste or, if you doubt, use special tables.
Combine colors can be:
- Achromatic – gray, black and white.
- Monochromatic (related) – for example, green, salad, olive, yellow, brown.
- Complimentary (contrast) – orange and blue, yellow and purple and t. D.
A distinctive feature of all classic styles is the impression of luxury, sometimes even pursuing furniture and decorative carved arches, columns, balustrad. While the background of this rich decoration remains restrained. This pattern can be traced in the following directions:
- Baroque – mostly used for palaces and mansions affecting their greatness. The main was natural wood, textured coatings with gold and silver.
- Rococo – style applicable not only to big, but also small squares. Light wall coverings better reflect the light and seem wider. Pastel pink, blue tones with gold patination emphasize the grace and bizarre furniture forms.
- Classicism Inherent more restrained geometric shapes, which are repeated on the walls.
- In Art Deco Began to appear brighter colors – burgundy, red, blue, green, combined with vegetable and floral patterns.
- Modern can be called neoclassical, he retained smooth lines of classics, which look more winning on the background of straight stripes. They, in turn, became smaller and multicolored.
- It is a color variety and became a distinctive feature of modern destinations. Eclecticism – A vivid example of such a riot of paints.
- For conservatives that succumbed to fashion trends will suit minimalism With its monochromicity and nonsense details.
- So popular in our time style loft You can also beat the babies of the corresponding palette.
How to combine?
The main goal when working with wallpaper striped is to achieve a combination of heterogeneous and even sometimes opposing elements of the interior.
To achieve harmony in this difficult, it is necessary to comply with certain rules:
- It is no secret that with the help of one or another pattern on the walls, as well as the separation of the room to sectors or parts, you can “push out” the boundaries of the housing. In this case, the more contrast will be the pattern, the better it will be visible.
- Narrow frequent bands can serve as an excellent substitute for a monochrome background.
- The following rule flows from the previous one – against the background of bright color lines of decor and another decor are lost. Accordingly, the furniture is better to choose the corresponding calm tones. However, if you are the owner of a unique hand-drawed hand drawn – this option is not suitable.
- Wide lanes of restrained colors will give the interior of solidity.
- Thin, multicolored print will help to emphasize individuality, show the originality of creative nature.
- The atmosphere of coziness will create pastel shades or colors that have a relaxing effect on organs of vision and nervous system.
Subtleties of application
With the help of bands on the wallpaper, not the entire room can be allocated, but some part of it. For registration of the rest of the space is taken by one of the main colors of the strips or background tone. In combination with other zoning techniques, this move can be very effective.
Vertical drawings are ideal for all apartments in which height from the floor to the ceiling is less than 2.5 meters. They literally pull the room up. And than already stripes – the more this effect will manifest. The ceiling in this case should choose a single, light, matte. The interior of this kind will be appropriate in “Khrushchev” and other modest apartments.
Transverse stripes create a exact opposite sensation. The room is drawn up, the illusion of the increase in space is created. It is better to make only one wall or two opposite, since the design of all surfaces continuous horizontal lines will create an unpleasant optical illusion. At the same time, the height of the room will seem less. This option is ideal for “Stalinkins” and other similar buildings.
Diagonal, inclined and zigzag lines can seriously modify the room, while they are able to expand the area without affecting the height. In order for these and other optical effects to operate, accuracy is needed when sticking. It will not be superfluous to take a small supply for fitting and other unforeseen situations.
The coincidence of the pattern and its position largely depends on the evenness of the walls. Therefore, it is necessary to verify this and, if necessary, make the surface more smooth, and their corner connections are straight.
Beautiful walls in the interior
Drawing of this kind can decorate the design of any room in the apartment, whether it is a kitchen, a hall or a rest room.
The strips will be appropriate in the hallway, they can be combined with other types of wallpaper or even with painted surfaces.
Frequent multicolored strips will decorate any childish, and selected in a certain color scheme, they will become an interesting option for separating the room for several children of different ages. The main thing is to maintain something in common between zones, and in this case it is the width and frequency of the bands.
And so that the child is not suppressed by the size of his room, it is better to use a horizontal option.
Clear options will suit the bedroom that will help relax after a hard working day.
Marine theme will remind you of pleasant moments and create a special mood.
Dining room, especially if it is combined with the living room, should look spectacular. Bright contrast will not leave indifferent your guests.
You can declare your active life position with the help of wallpaper not only on the floor, but also on the ceiling.
About what are the interiors of rooms with wallpaper striped, look in the following video.