When installing plastic windows, doors and other construction workers, builders have to connect materials, various in the texture and composition. As a result, internal gaps appear at the joints, irregularities.
In places, the window adjoining the window or doorway to the wall most often arises the need to conduct finishing works. In such a situation, the most convenient way to eliminate the gaps is to close the joints with ready-made window slopes. In the article we will talk about the features of starting profiles and their installation.
The design of the slope includes a number of elements, the main one is the starting profile. Starting profiles for window slopes look like double planks of various configurations, are performed from PVC or metal. What kind of type to use – depends on the type of repair and finishing works and the density of the drywall, the size and complexity of the design. Plasterboard – universal material, universally used for finishing and decorating interiors. It serves to adjust and form the design of the room, leveling surfaces. With the help of drywall form partitions, make suspended ceilings and arched openings.
Large parts of the coating in the interior must be securely secured and held on the wall. For these purposes, durable and reliable rack bearing. Fix the ribs of stiffness on the walls and the ceiling, as well as around the perimeter of the room. Especially needed in fixation thin sheets with a density of 8-18 mm.
To work with drywalls of all types of the wizard, choose metal fasteners with galvania obtained by cold rolled products.
Profiles made of metals and plastic.
PVC is produced hard and soft, for construction use a hard view. Products of all types of elastic, the material does not crumble and does not crack in the locations of the cuts, since the chalk in the composition is practically absent. Service life from 10 to 20 years, not afraid of sun rays and do not yellow. PVC planks are cheaper, well suited for decorating and cladding, they can be removed and fixed again.
Ceiling plinth when repairing is chosen from the same material. Available Colored Plinths – White, Brown, Black. Therefore, it is possible to choose exactly the desired color. Length of one unit – 300 mm. If it is not enough to decorate the perimeter, fasten the parts before getting the desired size.
Metal rails are produced from steel and tinted with galvania and aluminum. Galvanized products are not subject to corrosion and are not afraid of moisture, the service life is long. Flexible frame of aluminum or steel slats allows you to take into account all the nuances in the finish, as well as reduce the load on the walls and the ceiling.
The use of such designs allows to reduce cost without loss of quality.
Review of species
Profiles differ in the form of section and other characteristics, marked by manufacturers. Each type is applied to stable operation during construction and finishing. To secure slopes along the opening of the wall, special latches apply.
Types of plastic profiles are manufactured.
- L-shaped. Attached at right angles to the surface of the window. Includes three shelves in the section, large applied tightly to the wall, and smaller in size – to the frame of the window and the docking seam, closing it. Such imposition achieves sufficient disguise seam when installing standard slopes 10 mm wide.
- P-shaped. Besides on design Previous type. Consists of two wide and one narrow shelf. Due to more solid parameters, the initial profile is used to mask irregularities and substantial gaps when docked a panel with the basis.
- F-form. Frequently used species, also consists of three elements – a long strip and two shorter adjacent to it. The profile serves for cladding when installing windows and doors. Rounding on the bar makes it possible to mount it on the walls of a complex shape. At the final stage of installation with such a profile, the plane is equalized, ends are made, decorative finish is performed. Window and wall acquire a finished, aesthetic appearance. The second narrow shelf allows you to do without putty and glue, completely closing the butt stack with facing. F-profile allows you to mount the slopes from both polychlorvinyl and composite compositions with wood, laminate and plasterboard sheets.
- I-form. The cross section looks like this large letter of the Latin alphabet. In the center there is an elongated shelf, and on the sides – smaller sizes. The plank is attached to the wall in any convenient position, the special form of the product allows you to select the desired option.
- H-shaped or connecting. Represents two identical strips with a jumper between them. Flexible samples are connected panels, cover connections in the ends and joints between wallpaper and panels.
- Plinth ceiling or cartle.
Metal profiles are divided into two varieties: plane and ceiling. Planny are manufactured by manufacturers for fixing and strengthening the design. They are intended for various surfaces and are such.
- For walls. Products are used as basic in the course of finishing and redevelopment. With their help, partitions are erected. Marking letters UW. For convenience, rails are equipped with holes. Overall dimensions – 50×40 with a length of 300 mm.
- Rack. Used at all levels of complexity in construction. Planks perform the role of struts distributing the load. Allow formation artificial walls and partitions. Also necessary for the walls of the walls, provide sound insulation by gluing a special tape. Have rounded edges, marked with livids CW. The length of the product can reach up to 6 m. At the base of the plank reaches the width of a maximum of 100 mm.
A profile is installed along with direct angle guides to it.
- With enhanced properties. Wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant, rolling profile is inserted into the doorways and partitions.
Ceiling rails are available for mounting and strengthening elements on the surface. Stamp profile CD hard, with special grooves. Used as a basic fastener Metal frame marked UD. High reliability of the ceiling construction provides corrugation and drilling of holes in starting rails to strengthen them on the ceiling. Flexible frame easy to exacerbate, adapting perfectly under any curvature the surface of the ceiling. Metal Rack materials for creating arched openings are flexible, there are concave and convex type.
The convex samples have a length of 600 cm, the arc radius is 100 cm. The radius of bending a concave frame is 50 cm with a standard length of 300 cm. Corner profiles are fixed in the ends, which are subject to plastering, as well as protect the corners of the structure, are made of galvanized steel corners. Holes in angular planks fills the mortar. It enhances the reliability of fastening in contact places with a wall.
Light profile elements are designed to obtain a smooth and neat surface. Supports are determined on the wall thickness of the layer of plaster.
When choosing a configuration, the master must be taken into account by several important points. Depending on the sheet thickness, profiles are acquired to suit it in dimensions. Standard cardboard sheet for finishing works has a thickness of 12-12.5 mm. The maximum density of the material can reach up to 90. The thicker the sheets, the larger the profiles are needed for fasteners. If the design is volumetric and heavy, complicated design, additional rails are required in the frame. It increases the stability and reliability of installation.
In the course of the use of complex structures, the pressure on individual parts increases, so it is customary to calculate the maximum load on the frame. Massive items can be placed on the ceiling and walls, which significantly increases the load. The assembly happens easier if the holes are done in the elements. The rigidity of the frame increases by corrugating the coating.
Main technical characteristics of profiles.
- Length – from 2.7 to 4.5-6 m.
- Base width – minimum 5, average 7.5 and maximum 10 cm.
- Section shape, section size – Standard is 27×28 mm.
- Mass of one plank – an average of 600 to 900 g.
To cut aluminum starting profiles, the master is practically no need to apply force, since standard racks are quite thin, about half a million thickness thickness. The mechanical method of combining the frame, without screws and other components, is considered to be reliable. But disconnect the panels later if you need it will become a difficult task. One-piece support system, providing stability finish, is attached using auxiliary components. Are used:
- self-tapping screw;
- suspended parts;
- Connecting and extensive parts.
Dowel and self-tapping screws are designed for fixation to the plane, connecting guide and racks. Wall frame and ceiling bond with suspensions, direct and anchor, aligning construction in height. Docking parts on the ceiling and walls, regardless of location in relation to each other, is performed using connectors and extension cords. Cross fasteners “crab” are often used when docking the plates on the ceiling.
Bashed to the plastic window profiles are recommended according to the proven scheme. It includes several stages.
- Training. Is to eliminate the slit arising between the panel and the window frame. Clearance close up with special mounting foam. It is advisable to apply not an ordinary, but professional foam. Tube has a mount intended for installation on a gun. This allows you to close the slit carefully and small portions, in the direction from the bottom to the top of the window. The remains of frozen foam are removed by a knife. It is not necessary for old putty and primer, this is another advantage of using starting profiles.
- Beginning of work. Using a roulette, measure the dimensions of the frame, then measure it and cut the same length of the cutting line. The ends are mounted at an angle of 450 so that the connection was durable. First fill the upper part over the window, then put the planks on the sides of the opening, at the end close the bottom. A neat smooth edge is obtained by conducting a line by frame on which strips are installed.
- Fastener. To secure the strips, you will need self-tapping screws, liquid nails and drill. On the edge of the window at a distance of 20-25 cm screw screws. Liquid nails are applied by narrow waves along the PVC segment, after which they are strongly pressing and kept. If glue is visible, it is necessary to remove it with a dry cloth, since the dried material from the frame will not be able to separate. Not all experts advise add glue composition. In raw rooms, due to temperature drops, the chemical is able to peel. It is undesirable to also stick the F-profile on the ends of the panels or sheets of plasterboard. PVC products are perfectly held, designed for easy and fast installation and replacement when repairing the room.
- Okeekhet. This is a frame for plastic panel. It is made of wooden bars or metal rails. Wood dried to protect against twist and break. From the exposure of moisture during operation protects the antiseptic processing. Fasten bars on the edge of the dowels at a distance of 35-40 cm.
- Connection with facing panels. Measuring the opening in length and depth, cut the panel of plastic in size. The panel is inserted with one end in the grooves available in the starting profile. The second edge is attached to the crate using the mounting glue. The durable compound is given screws, screwed at an angle of 450 in the ends. Coolband will close their tops. Then install side slopes, last time – decor. The connection with the profile provides tightness, eliminates purging, protects the window from the frozen. Profile Strengthens a wide window on the veranda or terrace of the house.
Ideal when installing a block consisting of a window and a balcony door.