To date, the rechargeable perforator has become an indispensable tool in each house. Thanks to him, for counting minutes, it is possible to do holes both in concrete and in the other overlap. The construction market is represented by various models of this device, but for maintenance at home it is best to choose the smallest apparatus with dust.
The perforator on the battery is a convenient electrical tool that is designed for punching holes. It is portable and suitable for performing work where there is no electricity. Since this tool has small sizes and a limited charge, it is not recommended to be used to perform long-term work on solid surfaces. The main advantages of such a perforator include:
- compact case;
- the ability to use in various places, regardless of the availability of the power grid;
- little weight;
- high power;
- the presence of reversal and regulator of the rotational speed;
- You can drill holes with a diameter of up to 10 mm, even in concrete.
As for the shortcomings, the device often brings inconvenience due to the fact that its battery capacity is limited and requires a long time for the charge. In addition, when falling and hitting the battery, it fails to quickly, and it is problematic to buy a spare.
Rechargeable perforators are produced in several species, which differ in each other design feature, class and consumer properties. Depending on this, they are divided into professional, household and semi-professional. Amateur models are characterized by an affordable cost, more lightweight and simplified design. They can be operated for four hours, making every half hour breaks for cooling shock parts and engine. Semi-professional possess high quality and more enduring in work; Professional have a complex design, a powerful engine and can function without a power grid for a long time.
With the help of a perforator on the battery, the following types of work can be performed:
- Make holes in both natural and in artificial stone, any kind of brick and concrete floors;
- make holes in the walls of any material and plates when installing communication systems;
- make up and remove ceramic, floor tiles and decorative trim from walls;
- Choir overlaps from plasterboard, concrete and brick;
- Stir building mixes.
How to choose
Before you purchase a battery perforator, it is important to take into account the conditions for its operation, as well as the presence of LED backlight, dusting systems and the ability to set up the operation mode. Since the construction market is represented by a chic assortment of these devices, then make the right choice in favor of this or that kind is difficult. Therefore, making such an important purchase, you need to pay attention to the following tool parameters:
- size and weight;
- battery volume;
- engine power;
- Type of shock mechanism.
Perforators on the battery are most often intended for work on cottages and apartments, Therefore, they are equipped with 220 volts engines. There are also apparatuses with a capacity of a motor from 550 to 2500 W, they have a rather high level of performance and allow you to drill large holes. Therefore, it is necessary to decide in advance with what load will be subject to the instrument. If you plan to make small holes with a diameter of up to 14 mm, then you can give preference to the simplest models with a capacity of up to 500 W. To do the same through holes with a thickness of 600 mm, you need to purchase a device with an engine power from 1000 W.
The rate of turnover of nozzles also plays a huge role, in most models of battery perforates, it ranges from 200 to 2300 o / m. In household apparatus, it is usually standard and installed by the manufacturer. In professional devices, the speed of rotation is adjusted in automatic mode, depending on the complexity of the work. In addition, the performance of the perforator is also determined by the energy and frequency of strikes. For exercise of household problems, a device with a force of impact from 1.2 to 3 j.
Special attention when choosing an apparatus should be given to the location of the engine. It can be in the vertical and horizontal plane of the case. The first type is usually characteristic of powerful models, the second is well suited for the household, as it is small and with it work is much more convenient. Perforators on the battery have different modes of operation, so before purchasing it is important to clarify which one is present in a particular model. For household work it is necessary to give preference to a tool with such modes as drilling, drilling with impact and dragging.
The design of the device includes a cartridge on which the nozzles are attached. Therefore, if you have to additionally acquire crowns, chisels and borants, you will need to know the type of cartridge. SDS and SDS-Plus are usually present in products with minimal and standard power. If you plan to carry out work with a brown, then you need to choose SDS-MAX-type cartridges. Their tail in diameter does not exceed 18 mm.
In addition, acquiring the tool you need to ask about its additional features. Not only an increase in productivity will depend on them, but also the safety of operation. For household use, it is recommended to choose models in which the following options are present.
- Reverse. It allows you to quickly extract the stuck drip from the holes.
- Protective coupling. Automatically blocks the rotation of the nozzle when it is encoffin.
- Smooth start. Reduces possible races on the network.
- Volume controller. Independently changes rotation speed depending on the density and type of surface treated.
- Linee-stop. Allows you to measure the depth of the drilled holes.
- Vibration protection. Makes work comfortable because it protects hands from vibrations.
- Case (drawer) for convenient tool carrying. It will be possible to store not only the perforator itself, but also lubricants, engine brushes, replaceable nozzles and cartridges.
- System of dusting. Since dust is formed during construction work, many manufacturers are equipped with a battery apparatus with a special bag, in which concrete crumb and dust collects during drilling. At the end of the drilling, the dust collector cleaned.
Famous manufacturers and models
To date, rechargeable perforators are represented by various brands. Premium class products produce such manufacturers as AEG, Hilti, Bosch, Makita and DeWalt. Middle class tools are characterized by an affordable price and are excellent for household work. They are issued as domestic producers (intercol) and foreign (Hammer, Metabo). As for budgetary options, these are perforators that are manufactured under such trademarks as a union, bison, Skill, whirlwind.
Professional models have both pros and cons. So, Hilti and AEG perforators are equipped with high-quality details and additional features. Their independent power supply is enough on average for three hours of operation, the battery is charging quickly, in just 30 minutes. The lack of tools are their big weight and noise during operation. Apart from the fact that the masses of the device are too tired, these models of other minuses do not have.
Makita, Hitachi and Bosch perforators have proven to be highly productive. These devices are equipped with three operating modes and are designed both for loafing, conventional drilling and shock perforation. They cannot be considered too powerful, but they are equipped with additional possibilities that allow you to perform adjustment and thereby simplify work. So, in these tools there is a delaying coupling and inverse. In addition, the set of products includes SDS cartridge, which allows you to quickly and safely change the nozzles.
As for the models of Hammer, DeWalt and Metabo, they can be operated in different modes. This is due to unique characteristics and wide tool functionality. In addition to the powerful engine, the devices are equipped with reverse, LED illumination and a convenient system for changing the nozzles. The engine at the perforators is brushless, so the term of their operation is long. In these models, manufacturers have improved the management system, adding the tool to the two-position toggle switch.
The battery perforator is of great popularity not only from experienced masters, but also the owners of the house, which sooner or later have to do repairs. This tool is convenient in operation and is characterized by a variety of advantages. In order for it to serve the maximum period, and the work was safe to adhere to certain rules in operation.
- Consider a new nozzle can only be turned off.
- After drilling a solid material, you can not take for drill with bare hands, because it heats up. In the case when it is necessary to make an urgent replacement of the nozzles, follows the hand to wrap with a rag moistened in water.
- All the nozzles, regardless of their type, before twisting you need to process special lubrication. Fixation rolled simplified if they are scrolled on the cartridge or remove the locking end.
- You can start working only when the device is verified. If malfunctions or suspicious sound are identified, it needs to be immediately disabled and diagnosed.
- During the drilling of one or another surface, you should choose a certain mode and number of revolutions.
- In the event that the model is not equipped with a dust collector, then after work the perforator must be carefully cleaned from dust.
- Before starting work, the master should worry about personal security and wear such protective equipment as gloves, tight workwear, earplugs and glasses. Long hair should be hiding under the headdress; In addition, there should be no decorations in your hands. They can get into a rotating nozzle and harm health.
- Nozzles need to use strictly according to the instructions that are attached by the manufacturer.
See further details.