The primer is one of the most important and necessary finishing materials. Despite the fact that it is always hiding under the layer of the finishing coating, it is from its quality that the quality of all finishing works will depend on and their final appearance. The greatest demand today enjoy the primer Ceresit. We will talk about her about it in our article.
Ceresit primer differs in ultra-high permeability and perfectly strong clutch not only with the base of the working surface, but also with the upper decorative layer. Therefore, it not only fixes them separately, but also reliably connects and holds together.
The competent approach of the manufacturer to the manufacture of primers allows them to end them with additional special and important qualities. For example, there are primers with anti-corrosion functions or with the possibility of suppressing harmful microorganisms.
Using the Ceresit primer, you can simultaneously solve several tasks at once: Alignment of the surface, improving its adhesion, clogging on the working surface and giving it an attractive appearance. Achieving these goals is possible due to a unique and competently thoughtful composition.
Also, due to the leveling of the surface, the impactability of the working area of finishing materials is reduced. That is why all of her parts are evenly scorched in the future, and have the same color.
We can safely say that without primer, the qualitative execution of finishing finishing works is simply impossible. And in order to accurately achieve the best result, the manufacturer offers several species of this coating today.
Types and characteristics
Ceresit primer mixtures collection includes several varieties, each of which has unique characteristics. To each type of primer is attached special instruction, the observance of which is the key to successful performance.
- CT 17 Concentrate – This is a universal primer-concentrate that can be used inside and outside the premises. Ideal for deep impregnation of any surfaces with a fragile base. Optimal ambient temperature during operation – from 5 to 35 degrees above zero. Maximum allowable humidity – 80%.
- “Betonact Contact Art 19” has a water-based foundation, has good moisture resistance. Due to the fact that “concrete contact” has in the composition of the sand, its surface is slightly rough and improves the grip of the primer with the finish finishing coating. This quartz impregnation is suitable for the fulfillment of internal work, designed to be applied to concrete before its plastering, shtocking or painting.
- “In 10 soil interior” – It is anti-grapple impregnation for internal works. It can be treated with walls and ceiling before watching wallpapers, their coloring, as well as shtpocking or plastering. For laying on top of the tile such a primer does not fit.
- Ceresit CT 17 – This is a universal impregnation with deep penetration. Suitable for outdoor and internal works. It is implemented in two types with the marking “Winter” or “Summer”, which indicates for which time of the year this primer mixture is suitable. Most often used when tie. The use of such a primer requires the preliminary use of the degreaser.
- Ceresit R 777 – This is a special mixture intended for surfaces with a high level of absorption. It not only reduces this indicator, but also strengthens the base and improves the spreading of other mixtures. It is environmentally friendly, suitable for treatment of the floor before its screed. Can only be used indoors, resistant to low temperatures and does not lose its properties when freezing.
- ST 99 It is applied not only to eliminate already existing fungus on any surfaces, but also to prevent its further appearance and exploration. This primer has fungistatic properties, has a specific aroma that will quickly disappear. It is safe for humans and the environment, does not leave on the work surface after absorbing no trace. Before use requires water dilution in accordance with the instructions.
- Art 16 – This is a special quartz primer mixture, which is applied on the surface to be further plastered. It goes on sale in white, which can be changed by the consumer at its own way by using various calves. After drying, the surface becomes a bit rough due to the presence of sand in the composition. Can be used on any surfaces, with the exception of ceramic plates and bases having an oil top layer.
First faced with such an assortment of primer funds, the non-readable buyer will not immediately be able to navigate and decide on the choice. Therefore, you need to follow useful recommendations.
How to choose?
So that the planned finishing works were performed correctly, reliably and efficiently, it is necessary to remember that:
- Choose the primer must be based on the material manufacturing material.
- If the work is carried out outside the building, it must be specified on the package, it should be indicated that the primer mixture of moisture resistant.
- Before buying, it is necessary to study all the available types of primer and evaluate the volume and complexity of the upcoming work. Only by analyzing the information received, you can make a choice in favor of some particular product.
- If the primer is applied to the already plastered surface, then you first need to check its porosity. To do this, you should wet a small section of the surface with water and damage the time of breathing. If it is less than 3 minutes, then it is necessary to purchase a special strengthening primer mixture.
- It is necessary to take into account not only the material manufacturing material, but also further actions with the primed surface. If the primer is not intended for further staining, it is impossible to use it for painted surfaces.
- It is better to choose a white tool with a maximum level of absorption.
- It is impossible to use the compositions in the cold season at a minus temperature, if the manufacturer does not specify information about such a possibility.
- It is not recommended to use a primer mixture intended for processing afteration and walls when working with the floor and, on the contrary.
Guided by choosing these simple rules, you can choose really optimally appropriate primer to perform work on any surfaces.
The manufacturer itself positions all its primers as one of the best in the market today. The objectivity of such an assessment can be assessed by learning the reviews of the buyers themselves.
Ceresit is a fairly popular brand that is in demand for both professional workshops of finishing work and ordinary citizens. Private buyers as a whole positively evaluate this product. As the main advantages allocated an affordable price, a rather wide range, easy to use. For many buyers, an important point is the possibility of choosing a primer that will help solve some specific problems, for example, with mold and fungi.
Professional wizards finishing work as a whole support the laudatory reviews. They emphasize the high quality of the primer of this brand, its economical consumption and full compliance with the declared functions. This means that if the manufacturer indicated that the primer lines the color of the working area, then in fact it will. Professionals and what can be chosen to choose a primer mixture for any material and to perform any further finishing works. This allows you to always be confident in the high quality of the activities.
If you believe these reviews, then the primer Ceresit of all types today is indeed one of the best. The main thing is to choose the right mixture correctly and it is true to use it.
Tips for use
To achieve maximum efficiency from using this, you need to know how it should be used correctly.
You must consistently follow these steps:
- Clean the surface to be primed from any outsiders. These include the remains of old paint and wallpaper, dust, dirt and any extraneous objects.
- The working area is additionally aligned. If defects are too large, it is necessary to carry out shuttering of the surface. If they are minor, then you can do the simple grout using a special grater.
- If there are traces of mold, fungus or incomprehensible damage on the surface, they must be shown manually or delete special composition.
- It is necessary to mix thoroughly or shake the primer. This will allow all active substances to repeal onceively all over its volume.
- Using a roller on a handle or a wide painting brush, the primer is uniformly applied to the entire working surface in one layer.
- If the work area has an increased level of porosity, then after complete drying of the first layer, you can apply another.
- Apply additional finish coatings on top of the primer is allowed only after its complete drying.
Compliance with such a simple, but important sequence of actions will provide a qualitative result of the work.
Before purchasing and direct use of primer, it is necessary to check the preservation of the packaging and its shelf life. If they are violated, it is not recommended to use a mixture for work. The result of such actions may be unpredictable.
All preparatory stages for clearing the working area are better spent a few hours before the use of primer, and even better per day. Apply a mixture in three layers is not recommended. The second layer, if necessary, can be applied only after complete drying of the first, it will take about 20 hours.
All materials and tools used in the process, immediately after use, it is necessary to rinse in warm water or soak in it. So remove the remnants of the primer will be much easier and faster.
The competent selection and use of Ceresit primer will allow efficient and fully prepare any work surface to further finishing work.
The result of the use of the primer of deep use Ceresit CT 17, see below in the video.