Modern building tools have a lot of additional features. They allow them to stand out on the background of themselves similar and attract buyers. In addition to the fact that modern perforators combine the functions of both a jackhammer, and drills, they also allow: quickly change the cartridge nozzles, choose operation mode, control the quantitative indicators of rotations and blows.
In addition to those listed, among additional functions, you can often find a built-in vacuum cleaner. This feature should pay more attention.
What is it needed for what?
Many do not even think about what the function of the vacuum cleaner is needed in the perforator.
It’s no secret that dust appears during the perforator. Its quantity and composition depends on the material with which the work is carried out. Someone will find the presence of dust not so much inconvenience, but it’s not worth underestimating it.
- There are very small particles in dust that settle on the skin and man’s clothing. If they constantly inhale them, there may be diseases of respiratory organs, as well as allergic reactions. In addition to the vacuum cleaner, you must use the respirator and protective clothing.
- This affects the comfort of a person. Work in dust is not very pleasant, but keeping the usual vacuum cleaner and work perforator at the same time is simultaneously impossible. For people, the daily work of which is associated with this tool, the presence of a dust collector will greatly facilitate work.
- Small dust particles negatively affect the work of the construction tools themselves. For example, may fail the boot on the cartridge.
- After any work performed by the usual perforator, careful cleaning is needed.
Even if you need to drill a couple of holes, wipe from dust then not only the floor, but also other surfaces. To reduce this stage to a minimum – choose a model with a dust collector.
To work with the tools was comfortable, do not neglect the function of the built-in vacuum cleaner. It will not be superfluous even with small modifications, and it’s just necessary for professionals.
All perforators with different types of systems for trapping dust can be divided into professional and amateur (for home use). Professional due to high power and weight are designed for certain types of work. In instruments for regular use, several modes are often combined, they are less powerful, and they have a small weight. Naturally, the cost of the first at times above.
Allow them to buy them can only a person using a perforator regularly, on a professional basis. With the help of the second, it is quite possible to make an easy repair with your own hands or periodically make several holes for household needs. Devices for collecting dust and fine construction debris can be different designs.
- Special dust system, which can be connected to the construction vacuum cleaner. Their main advantage is high power and ability to absorb a large amount of garbage. Portable construction vacuum cleaners do not greatly affect mobility and convenience. In more cumbersome industrial models of vacuum cleaners, there are often outlets for power tools, which is also convenient. In this case, each device works autonomously.
- Built-in vacuum cleaner, whose work is directly related to the engine of the punch. It can be removable fully or only in a container (bag) for garbage collection. Such a dust collector partially plugs the power of the perforator and affects its wear resistance. Such a system is suitable for tools with light and medium characteristics.
- Dust collectors. The essence of the actions of which lies in the fact that they do not give small particles to fly out in different directions and delay them inside the chamber. It is usually plastic nozzles in the form of a cone (they are also called dustproof caps) or cylinder. They are solid or in the form of a ribbed cuff, which can slightly shrink and provide dense adjacent. Some of them still have an entrance to which you can connect the hose of the ordinary household or construction vacuum cleaner. The choice of such dust collectors depends on the type of cartridge, the tool model and the maximum possible opening parameters (depth and diameter).
In addition to the above positions, there are universal devices suitable for both the perforator and a drill and a screwdriver. They are attached to the wall on the shock manner, and the construction vacuum cleaner creates a craving for dust.
To be more clear the dignity and disadvantages of perforators with vacuum cleaners, consider several popular models.
- Bosch GBH 2-23 REA Proven to be exclusively with good. The design of the vacuum cleaner is easy to remove. Inside you can see a filter and a container for collecting small construction waste, which is quite easy to clean. Without a filter, the tool works as an ordinary perforator with two modes. With the claimed functions copes well, holds more than 90% of dust and is convenient when transporting.
The only complaints caused that in the connected state, such an aggregate is pretty heavy and it is not so convenient to keep it as without additional details. Yes, and his cost is overwhelmed.
- Makita HR2432 Bribes with reliability and good features. Dust collector can be disconnected – then you will just get a good perforator. The bag is very spacious, even with intensive work it can be released every two days. Unlike other analogs, garbage during the coup of the unit is not poured. Especially marked the convenience when working with the ceiling – dust does not fly into the eyes and cleaning is practically not needed.
Complaints the fact that it catches only small particles. Big pieces will have to be removed manually.
Storage container is so big that allows you to store the perforator assembled.
These two models with dustlessness are not the only ones in the market they are not so much, but the choice is.
Still the choice of the instrument depends on the planned work. To hang several paintings, you can take the first model. For more large-scale actions, the second will fit.
How to make it yourself?
The choice of dust collector largely depends on its value. It is not always possible to make an expensive purchase. Yes, and when buying it is difficult to consider all the nuances.
If there is a perforator without a vacuum cleaner, you can buy a dust collector separately. Or make it yourself without the cost of strength and cash.
The easiest option when the horizontal position of the perforator is to make a pocket opening at the site of the future. It is good for him to fit the usual paper and greater scotch.
With a vertical position of the perforator, when the garbage flies from above, this method does not fit. Here you can take advantage of any plastic kitchenware – be it a glass or cut bottle. In the bottom it is necessary to make a hole equal to the diameter of the drill. When working, if the length of the drill is insufficient, the cup is crushed, but holds the main mass of garbage inside.
If you want to use a vacuum cleaner, you can use a homemade nozzle with a branch from plastic pipe residues.
The main thing is to calculate the diameter you need. This method is more reliable and will gather dust better than previous.
About how to make a dust collector for the perforator with your own hands, look in the following video.