List materials in construction – a long time not new. Once it was plywood, chipboard, fiberboard, today these materials confidently moves asp. Oriented chips stoves from finishing materials, substrates in self-decorative material. Thus, the temporary walls of the walls becomes constant, and if you turn on the fantasy, the plates can be luxuriously decorated with firing, colorful and other more creative options. In many cases, such a decor and aesthetic, and stylish, and inexpensive.
OSP is a panel of pressed coniferous chips (mostly coniferous). Scrap sizes taken for panels, range from 60 to 150 mm. It is high strength, tight material, as it combines several layers in himself. In the middle of the chips, there is an across the plates, in the lower and upper layers – along. All layers are pronounced under high temperature and pressure, they are impregnated with resins (phenol and formaldehyde).
Attention! Each ready plate must be homogeneous by structure. Chips and cracks, irregularities are excluded. If they are, material is broken.
To finish an OSP (or OSB, as often referred to as the plates in connection with the abbreviation in English) is used increasingly. But the plates of the plates are dispersed, you need to look at the product labeling: there will be a coefficient of conditionally harmful resins that highlight evaporation. The maximum of these toxic substances is present in the OSP of the class E2 and E3, but E0 or E1 contains the minimum number of harmful elements.
How not to guess with OSP – learn to choose
- If there are many poisonous components in the stove, it will proceed with a characteristic chemical smell, very expressive. It will smell cheap plastic and formalin.
- Products must be certified, the certificate must stand the manufacturer / supplier printing. The seller, by the way, the buyer has the right to demand a copy of the certificate of conformity.
- If you inspect the packaging, it must be inserts with marking (and, accordingly, and indicating the class).
OSP is often used to create inland room partitions. Available cost, strength and lightness attract buyer. And it is possible to mount the material to metal or on a wooden frame.
Wall decorating methods inside
The manufacturer offers buyer 2 types of plates – with grinding and without grinding. If the walls or the ceiling are covered with unwanted sheets, it will be necessary to prepare sheets before finishing. Do it with a grinding machine or a grinder with a grinding circle.
On the one hand, this is the easiest way to finish, which can be done with your own hands. Paint, it seems to know everything. On the other hand, the adhesion at the OSP is minimal, and the paint, which is applied on the stove, is quite difficult to stick to it. If, besides, the conditions for using the plate are not the most delicate, in a couple of years, the paint will tears. We are talking about finishing panels outside the house.
It’s one thing if the decor concerns the nozzles, the one that is not in sight – the requirements for it are less and can be repainted once a year. But the facade of the house requires a more serious decision, and every year it will definitely be painted.
Tips on painting.
- Use special primers with high adhesion. They are sold in banks with labeling, name speaking “Soil paint for OSB”. The material is realized only in white color, but a tinting is always possible.
- The dried surface must be reddown again, then apply paint, patina or varnish.
- If the primers were not found, the putty and putty, although in this case it will take a layer of soil-paint top (just without standard primer in the first stage).
You can use different decorative techniques: component paints, work on contrast, apply stencils and drawings. It all depends on what area will have to decorate – facade or interior. Color compatibility can be viewed on a colorful circle. Popular remains Painting Painting OSP in white: the texture of the material still breaks out of the paint – it turns out stylish.
Not the rare decision – to leave a fragment of the walls non-crushed, but clearly geometric to be understood by the deliberation of such a reception.
In finishing, combinations of colors that support the overall image of the interior are used.
Of course, the trim tile always implies only interior solutions – it will not work out outside. Stick the tile, the tile of the OSP can be, but only with a serious approach to the adhesive composition. In the instructions, the labeling should be indicated that the composition is suitable for gluing.
Dry mixes in this situation are actually not used, but glue in the cylinders will be by the way: Semi-liquid glue composition Very reminiscent of liquid nails. This mixture has enhanced characteristics and the highest adhesion. The glue is applied to the tile on the diagonals and around the perimeter, the tile is pressed on the OSP, some time fixing their hands (but not for a long time, the glue must be quickly seized if it is suitable).
But to primrate the slab under the subsequent grip with ceramics or not, the controversial question. Someone is reinsured and does it and, in principle, does not lose. Someone believes that glue itself has the primer properties and this is quite enough.
In any case, the ceramic tile is a good option if the OSP clamping zones the partition in the combined kitchen-living room, for example. And sometimes of the OSP make a tabletop for a bar stand or a coffee table and also lay out it tiles. It turns out very cool, such techniques today in fashion.
The table top with a tiled surface will be an incredibly steep photophone – for fans of activity in social networks it is important.
Wallpapers of different types, glass choles also stick to PSA, but you should think in advance, whether to do it. Sticking may be problematic. Need good primer, and be sure to two layers. Then the next stage on the OSP is applied to interior paint. And only for dried paint, experts advise to stick wallpaper.
Such a decor comes out too costly. Plus – what can be decisive – glue wallpaper on the wall of the OSP is just stupid. After all, thus the texture of an unusual in terms of decorative possibilities of woody material remains hidden. And it is interesting in itself – under varnish, paint, other solutions, but not completely camouflaged wallpaper.
Than to separate the floor?
Options for finishing by and large two – varnish and paint. The paint, as already noted, is needed only a certain suitable for working with OSP. It is categorically not to take paint for outdoor work due to its excessive toxicity in the premises.
The algorithm itself is painting:
- Sweep the joints of the plates and hats of self-tapping screws – the putty is needed in the tone of the plates (if you want to save it), and the one that is marked “for wooden surfaces”;
- Collect the processed seats of sandpaper;
- remove fine dust and litter;
- cut the plates;
- Apply a thin and smooth spacion layer;
- Apply paint with roller or brush, two layers with complete drying of each.
If it is decided to close the plates in the room varnish, the actions will be a bit different. First you need to close all the gaps on the floor and hats of self-tapping screws acrylic putty for wood. Then dried areas to handle the sandpaper. Next, the plates are ground, and a thin layer of acrylic putty is applied to the surface. Parquet varnish is applied with a brush or roller.
Varnish smoothes a spatula – it is necessary for uniform and homogeneity of the layer, it should not be very thick.
What to shelter outside the house?
One of the acceptable OSP finishing options for many options – siding. It begins immediately after building the building. On the facade of the siding lamella stacked from the bottom up. Can be mounted from one angle to another, but the size of the wall and the profile may not coincide in this case.
Another outdoor finish option – reflect the plates with decorative stone. They are not only the facades, by the way, are trimmed, but also the bases. The material does not affect the foundation and simply installs. It looks stylish and realistic.
The decorative stone is mounted either on glue, or on a frame.
Separately, it is worth talking about how the OSP helps to realize the interesting style of the Fux in his own home. Fakhverk is such a technique for finishing facades of frame structures, which has been used in Europe for more than 200 years. The style was formed due to banal savings: there was not enough building materials, it was necessary to strengthen the walls and decorate, since the full-fledged sheath did not succeed.
This style is closely related to the design and construction of carcraft. In particular – the famous Finnish houses.
Fack and OSP – the most basic:
- Proper design of the skeleton eliminates the slicing itself during the walls of the walls;
- It is necessary to interfere with decorative lines of the facade of the house so that all openings between the finishing elements are correct and equal to the geometric shape, because only one-piece plates can be used;
- Wooden boards in this style are located on the power lines of the frame, the main and main element of the style is “Lastochka Tail”, that is, the connection point of three boards, one of which is vertical, and others are diagonally;
- For cladding plates, boards are used both of the planed and out of the unstroothed wood, which should be processed by the antiseptic;
- Finally, the house in the style of Fakhverk is better to paint, the colors must be harmonious – someone uses transparent coatings, but still the natural color of the plates remains rarely;
- The optimal choice of dyeing of the OSP in the skewer becomes observer enamels, toning impregnations, a veil;
- Paint the facades are usually sprayers or rollers, it is imperative to paint the primer (perhaps 2 layers may be required);
- OSP staining work should be carried out only with positive temperature indicators and only on the dry surface of the walls;
- Decorative boards are fixed after drying painted plates.
Sometimes the Finnish house does not paint, but we are lining with the same siding with the maximum imitation of the lining, the facade panels “under the brick”, decorative plaster. This is one of the popularity of the areas of style in construction – Fakhverk, and the budget of the project in this popularity has made a considerable contribution.
See the way of creative coloring of the OSB-stove in the video below.