High-tech solutions for repair and finishing Knauf are familiar with almost every professional builder, and many homemade masters prefer to deal with the products of this brand. A hits among dry building mixtures was the shtquil “Fugeenfuller”, which changed the name to Fugen, which, however, did not affect its composition, workers and qualitative characteristics, which, like all representatives of the huge family Knauf, above all praise. In our article we will talk about the possibilities of the Knauf Fugen shtquet and its variations, variations of gypsum blends, nuances of working with them and the rules for selecting finishing coatings for aligning surfaces of various building structures.
Any builder is aware that it is preferable to use plaster, putty and soil of one manufacturer. Knauf with its extensive assortment of products eliminates difficulties with the solution of this task. All plaque mixes manufactured under this brand (starting, finishing, universal) – mandatory component of repair work. Finishing coatings are classified across several criteria.
Mode of application
In accordance with the area of use, the leveling coating happens:
- Basic, Characterized by large consistency and used for rough leveling. The main component of the composition may be a gypsum stone or cement. Using start-up spitels, also close in potholes, large cracks and crater on the walls and ceilings. Their advantages are a good strength supply, the creation of additional noise insulation and attractive cost.
- Universal – It has practically the same properties as basic, but it is already used not only as a putty, but also to fill the seams of plasterboard. Advantage – the possibility of applying for any reason.
- Finish – It is a fine mixture for thin-layer putty (the applied layer in thickness does not exceed 2 mm), the base under the decorative finish. This material is performed by the premedive finish of surfaces.
Depending on the binder component in the composition, which largely determines the specifications, The replacement mixture may be:
- Cement – cement-based coatings perform the facade finish and finish raw rooms, as they are resistant to temperature differences and humidity.
- Gypsum – leveling coatings based on plaster stones are relatively inexpensive, they are easily smoothed, due to which they are nice to work with them.
- Polymer – These finishing materials use when the repair goes to the finish line. Polymer compositions in the finished form are stored more than a day and differ in ease of grinding, which is especially valued by the finishers.
Readiness for work
All Knauf shtquets are divided into two categories. The first is represented by dry mixtures, and the second – ready-made splots. Guided by the tasks and conditions of the premises, the masters select the desired types of building mixtures.
Types and characteristics
Knauf bags Most often found on construction sites, regardless of the scale of finishing works. Aligning coatings of the German brand with the same success are used to finish multifunctional complexes, apartments, offices and trading rooms.
The unsurpassed quality of finishing materials manufactured by the Knauf brand provides the possibility of implementing the most complex projects in private or industrial construction.
Consider some of them.
Fugeenfuller Knauf Fugeen
Plaster replacement mixtures FUGEN are dry powdered conglomerates, the main component of the composition of which is a gypsum binder and various modifying additives, which improve the properties of mixtures. Their demand is due to high technical characteristics, ease of use and universality of use.
With their help, you can perform the following types of work:
- Fill the joints after installing GLC with a semicircular edge. It uses the serpent (reinforcing tape).
- Close up of cracks, minor drops and other local defects of drywall, restore damaged puzzle puzzle partitions and concrete slabs.
- Fill out joints between prefab concrete elements.
- Install and fill the joints between gypsum puzzle plates.
- Print plasterboard sheets on the base with a permissible drop of 4 mm in order to align vertical surfaces.
- Glue and put on various gypsum elements.
- Mount Metal Reinforcing Corners.
- Place a solid thin layer plastering, plasterboard, concrete bases.
The FUGENFULLER KNAUF FUGEN PLAGEN series is represented by a universal gypsum mixture and two types of it: the GF finishing coatings for processing of dry-fiber surfaces (GVL) or KNAUF-superlists, and Hydro for moisture-resistant plasterboard (GPCV) and moisture and fire-resistant sheet material (GLVO ).
Performance and nuances of using this mixture:
- Material structure – fine-grained, average fractions sizes – 0.15 mm.
- Limit values of layer thickness – 1-5 mm.
- Temperature mode of work – minimum + 10 ° C.
- The viability of the finished solution is half an hour.
- The duration of the storage period is limited by a semi-annual.
- Compressive strength – from 30.59 kg / cm2.
- Bending strength limit – from 15.29 kg / cm2.
- Adhesion indicators to the base – from 5.09 kgf / cm2.
Gypsum mixture package in hermetic multilayer paper bags with volume 5/10/25 kg. The reverse side of the package contains detailed instructions for use. For storage, the manufacturer recommends using wooden pallets.
- This is an eco-friendly composition that does not harm human health, which is confirmed by a certificate of environmental safety.
- Easy operation. For the preparation of the working solution you need only water and a building mixer. Guided by the instructions, water is added to the powder, taking into account the specified proportions and are thoroughly mixed, after which the composition can be used.
- High speed set. In case of continuous putty of the surfaces, this is not so obvious, although the likelihood that the shtackel will squeeze from the walls – zero. In cases with restoration of local damage or installation of reinforced corners, the use of high-strength mixture provides weighty advantages.
- Low flow rate of the mixture: subject to competent alignment of all walls of typical 2-room apartment with an area of 30-46 kV. M With the use of beacons to sharpen relatively smooth surfaces with one 25-cyllogram bag “FUGEN”.
- Perfect surface quality under pasting or staining. Calculated base is absolutely smooth, like the mirror.
- Acceptable value. Bag of plaster universal mixture packing 25 kg costs about 500 rubles.
- Intensity of the grasp of the working solution.
- Severe grinding that requires considerable effort. Moreover, it is impossible to solve this problem quickly and without the use of quite serious physical strength, even with the help of abrasive skins-grid with grain 100.
- No possibility to apply a layer more than 5 mm.
- High probability of receiving spotted walls with dark lumens if you stick thin wallpaper of light tones.
The difference between Fugen GF (GW) and the standard product is higher consumption. Otherwise they are identical.
As for Fugen Hydro, this mixture has moisture-proof properties due to its composition comprising hydrophobizers – binding impregnation based on silicon components.
What work is best done by a hydrophobic dry mixture:
- Fill the seams of moisture resistant (G CLEB) or moisture-heating (G CLEBO) sheets.
- Print moisture-resistant plasterboard to pre-aligned base.
- Fill filling cracks, recesses and other local defects from concrete.
- Mount and put the moisture-resistant partitioning puzzle plates.
In the sale of the moisture-resistant mixture comes exclusively in 25-kilogram packages, its acquisition is doubled the usual putty.
This specialized high-strength waterproof composition with plaster binders and polymer additives, unsurpassed mechanical properties of which make it an absolute leader among existing analogues.
It is designed to work with sheet materials, namely:
- Plasterboard sheets (GLC) with rounded thinned edges. In this case, there is no need to apply the reinforcing tape.
- Knauf-Superlists from Gypsumolok (GVL).
- Knauf-superplane from GVL-Elements.
- Perforated plates.
Scope Uniflot is limited exclusively by filling the seams of listed materials.
- Increased strength properties in combination with high plasticity.
- Excellent adhesion ability.
- Guaranteed excludes shrinkage after drying and the formation of cracks at the joints, including the most problematic transverse seams of plasterboard sheets.
- It is possible to use indoors with any humidity regime. “Uniflot” has the ability to resist the impact of moisture due to hydrophobic properties.
The finished mixture retains work properties for 45 minutes, after which it starts thick. Since the composition does not give a shrinkage, the joints should be filled with the joints, so that it is not to spend time and strength to heat up the protrusions and influx. Since plaster is mined in various places, the color of the powder is purely white, pinkish or gray, which does not affect high-quality indicators.
At the final stage of finishing work, it remains only to eliminate minor irregularities to get smooth, durable, smooth walls for decorative finish.
Just for these purposes, two solutions of finishing coatings are optimally suitable:
- Dry gypsum plaster mixture containing polymer additives Knauf Rotband Finish.
- Ready to use Knauf Rotband Pasta Profi.
Both mixtures for interior decoration have high plasticity, ease of operation, exclude shrinkage and cracking of the covered surfaces. Their scope is a solid thin-layer putty concrete, plastered compositions on the basis of cement and plaster, decorated with glass chickens of building structures.
When aligning walls or ceilings with a finished finishing coating “KNAUF ROTBAND PASTA PROFI”, the allowable values of the thickness of the applied layer range from 0.08-2 mm. Processing the surface can be manual or machine. The “Knauf Rotband Finish” mixture is performed by finishing shtpocking and apply only manually. The limiting thickness of the applied layer – 5 mm. Close the seams of GLC this material can not.
If you are looking for a budget product, then this case exists Knauf HP Finish.
The walls or ceilings with a solid basis are put on this gypsum shplot. The mixture perform internal finishing works in rooms with a normal humidity regime. Permissible values of the thickness of the applied layer – 0.2-3 mm. The tensile strength is ≤ 20.4kgs / cm2, with bending – 10.2 kgf / cm2.
The Knauf Polymer Finish also deserves attention – the first powder finishing coating, which has a polymer binder as the basis of the manufacturer as the basis. Those who want to achieve the perfect surface of the walls under wallpaper, coloring or other decorative coatings, it is definitely worth stopping the choice on this mixture. Knauf Polymer Finish can be operated after using other Knauf products, including the legendary Rotband plaster.
- Gives a minimal shrinkage due to microfibers in the composition.
- Very simply grinding and eliminates fragmentary sprinkling of the coating in the grinding process, as it characterizes the small size of the grain.
- It is characterized by extreme viability – the mortar mixture does not lose the work properties for three days.
- Has high adhesive ability.
- Crack-resistant and plastic.
Bonus for buyers – convenient bags of 20 kg.
Starting for facades
Basic replacement mixtures, as the main component of which cement is used with the addition of aggregate and polymer additives, are represented by two coating options – Knauf Multi-Finish gray and white.
With their help, you can:
- Partially or fully align concrete and processed cement plaster-mixed facade surfaces.
- Perform an internal decoration of premises with increased humidity regimen.
- Close the cracks and fill the holes in order to restore the integrity of the walls.
In the event of solid alignment, the allowable values of the application thickness range from 1 to 3 mm, and partial – up to 5 mm. The advantage of using a white mixture is the ability to get the perfect foundation for decorating with interior paints.
Both mixes have the same operational properties:
- Compressive strength – 40.8 kgf / cm2.
- Adhesion ability – 5,098 kgf / cm2.
- The time of the viability of the mortar mixture is at least 3 hours.
- Frost resistance – 25 cycles.
When calculating the consumption of leveling coatings on 1 m2 of the surface must be considered:
- Permissible values of the thickness of the mixture, which in different leveling coatings can vary in the range from 0.2 to 5 mm.
- Type of processed base.
- The presence and degree of irregularities.
The rate of consumption also affects the type of finishing work.
Consider on the example of FUGEN, which volume of the mixture is consumed:
- If you close the seams of GKK, then the norm is considered to be 0.25 kg / 1m2.
- When putty, a solid layer of millimeter thickness – from 0.8 to 1 kg / 1m2.
- If we mount the puzzle plates, then the norm of using the finishing coating increases almost twice, that is, there will be 1.5 kg / 1m2.
It should be borne in mind that only starting splocks have an increased rate of consumption, therefore, in some cases, 30 kg of the mixture is enough for only 15-20 squares.
While a 20-kilogram bag of universal composition can already cover the area of 25 squares.
How to choose?
You already know that the shplanke is dry or ready.
Before making a choice in favor of powder or pasta, you need to take into account the following factors:
- The cost of the finished leveling coating is higher, although the quality of the finished surface will be the same as when using a dry mixture.
- The shelf life of powdered compositions is greater, at the same time they do not require special conditions.
- The correct preparation of the dry mix is implied to obtain a homogeneous mass of a certain viscosity and without lumps, which the beginners can be done far from always.
- Dry puttyow, based on the task, you can easily impart the desired consistency without any problems, making it thick to fill the joints of the drywall and the basic putty or fat for thin-layer putty at the finishing stage.
High-quality surface finish involves the use of several types of mixtures:
- Seams fill in specialized composition. It can be uniflot or fugen. As a last resort, use Knauf Multi-Finish.
- The entire surface is put off the starting mixture, after which the finishing or universal, replacing both of these varieties.
Thus, planning work with plasterboard, it is most profitable to purchase a mixer and special joints for joints.
Recently, private construction is increasingly practiced by the use of aqua panels – cement slabs, which are universal, for internal or facade works. They are used in wet rooms or on the facades as the basis of various building structures under the finish coatings.
In this case, the optimal solution will be the purchase of a special dry mix of Aquapanel, high-strength uniflot or Fugen Hydro to seal joints and process curvilinear surfaces.
Based on the fact that users’ feedback on plaque mixes Knauf in 95% of cases are positive, only one can be made: the products of the German brand love, appreciate and recommend familiar, as evidenced by high estimates – from 4.6 to 5 points. Most often you can find reviews about FUGEN and HP Finish.
Of the advantages of “FUGEN wagon” buyers celebrate:
- Uniform application;
- Good adhesion;
- The possibility of high quality and inexpensively finish the surface under the color;
- Very convenient use;
- Multifunctionality of application.
Interestingly, some consider the high speed of folding Fugen dignity, and other disadvantages and complain about the need to work at a high pace.
The mixtures include:
- Grey colour;
- The impossibility of applying a thick layer;
- “Wise” technology for the preparation of the working solution.
Knauf HP Finish is chosen for the ability to create a high-quality, smooth surface, excellent adhesive ability, convenient operation, no unpleasant odor, harmless composition, crack resistance and, of course, low price. Those who have long used Knauf products admire that their quality remains consistently high for many years.
Tips for use
Despite the fact that the mixture of Knauf is easy to operate, there are several rules that should be observed when working with them.
What you need to know:
- For dilution of dry mixtures, only the pure flow water with the reader 20-25 ° C is taken. Hot, rusty water or garbage liquid to use is unacceptable.
- Powder fall asleep in water tank, and not vice versa. If the kneading is performed by power tools, then be sure to low at low speed. At high speed, the composition is actively saturated with air and starts to bubble in the process.
- Working with putty for interior decoration is recommended in temperature conditions not lower than + 10 ° C.
- Any reason must be sure to primitive to increase adhesion and, as a result, finishing quality. While the soil dries, it is impossible to process the surface of the level.
- To prepare a new portion of the gypsum mixture, always use clean tools and capacities. If you do not rinse, then due to frozen fragments, the speed of solidification of the working solution will automatically increase.
- When the joints are filled with a gypsum-based composition, then serpanka is used, pressing it with a spatula into a coating. The second layer the mixture can be applied when the first completely dry.
When buying a material, do not forget to be interested in the date of manufacture and expiration date.
For non-stop mixtures, too fast grapption is characterized, so it becomes uncomfortable to work with them, and the viability of such compositions can be questioned. Recommendation here is one: bypass the market for markets and acquire putty in major constructionarkets.
On how to lift the walls with the Knauf putty, look in the video below.