Now on the counters of construction supermarkets, you can find a lot of materials for finishing the workshop in the kitchen. A tile remains among this list.
This product has many variations where a rather interesting, practical and ultramodern idea is considered a cable tile, which is a European version of finishing and surface decor, in demand and in Russia.
What it is?
Fashion trends, according to which a few decades ago, the cuisine in residential premises were fully faced with a monochrome lightweight cafeter, they were rushed into the fly. However, the work area, which is referred to as the “Apron”, is still decorated and trimmed by tiles, since this decision is allocated primarily by its practicality.
Ceramics is notable for its external attractiveness and durability, And modern manufacturers offer a large assortment of such a facing material. Among the existing manifold is highlighted in high demand for the Cabanchik tile, which has a second name – “Metro”.
This product for laying on the walls and other surfaces in the room and outside externally has similarities with bricks. Thanks to such a feature, the workspace in the kitchen can be allocated in the overall design of the room. In addition, some solutions offer to use the tile also for the decoration of window or doorways for the concise completion of the designer idea.
Full-format products have a glazed glossy surface, and on sale matte varieties, mirror elements. In addition, exclusive products with aging effect on facing elements are available. To the constructive characteristics of the “Cabanchik” should take a slightly bevelled edge around the perimeter of each part, this feature allows the tile to acquire the texture and volume on the wall surface.
Today manufacturers also offer options with a minimum set of facets or completely without them.
The dimensional range of products is highlighted by the fact that the length of the elements will always exceed the width several times. The following models are most in demand:
- 7.5×30 cm;
- 10×20 cm;
- 15×30 cm.
Also in some collections there are elements of non-standard sizes, which are most often used as a bright accent in the entire ceramic composition on the wall.
Among the characteristics of the tile should be selected such properties:
- The material does not let dirt inside;
- The work area, which is lined with such a tile, does not require special care tools;
- Product Manufacturers offer a wide range of Cabacket tiles, due to which the products will fit into any design and interior of the room;
- Facing elements are highlighted by resistance to different temperature fluctuations, in addition, the tile does not destroy from an increased level of humidity;
- Such apron in the kitchen is able to serve for a long time;
- The principle of laying elements does not require special qualifications from the Master.
The cable tile is notable for its versatility, which concerns the presence of different options for laying elements on the wall surface. Today there are six ways to place elements.
Thanks to the appearance of elements under the brick, a similar idea of the design of the surface is most in demand. Some wizards make out an apron with displacement of elements or a rotary.
As a rule, this option is valid by even beginners, but the main requirement relating to the laying is strictly withstanding the horizontal line in the course of fixing products to the wall.
Most often, this method is used for various color materials. As a rule, the elements of contrasting shades appear in this role. In this case, the main focus is on the seams between the elements.
A bold interior solution where the focus will be on the work area. Choosing such an idea of using tiles, components can be placed at an angle of 90 or 45 degrees.
With this method of laying a “cable” you can view the area of the kitchen. In addition, the volumetric elements posted on the diagonal will be a bright accent in the interior, even when using pastel colors.
Vertical mounting with displacement of elements
The implementation of such an idea will require some skill from the master, but the result will exceed all expectations. Specialists recommend choosing a similar solution for kitchens that are not constrained in their area.
Another extraordinary solution for design apron of kitchen tiled “Cabanchik”. In this embodiment, attention should be focused on competently executed interputric seams.
What styles are suitable for?
Among the new-fashioned trends concerning the design of the kitchens, the tile under consideration is used in the sophisticated Provence, classical modern. In addition, designers are recommended to lay out the apron at the decor of the Loft or Industrial style. During the selection of the size and type of elements, the color gamut is taken into account in which furniture.
Classic beige or white tile will be relevant in any direction of the room design. For the Scandinavian direction “Cabanchik” is usually combined with walls, plated wallpaper cloths. As for modern minimalism High-tech, the shades of facing elements try to combine with the basic in this direction – chromium and steel. Art Deco involves the use of calm or contrasting color solutions, most often “Cabanchik” is laid out by analogy with a black and white chessboard.
Simple rural solutions, such as country or Provence, assume the presence of green or yellow, it can also be blue or pink shades with dedicated elements of vegetation.
How to choose?
Deciding with the style decision of the design of the kitchen, it is worth competently pick up the styling tile on the wall. Material manufacturers, as well as repair professionals, offer when buying adhere to important recommendations.
- Facing products will correctly acquire with a margin, it is better to take more by 5-10% of the total. Such a precautionary is related to the fact that some part in the process of laying can be corrupted.
- The size of the elements should be chosen based on the size of the working area and the kitchen itself.
- Not always the most expensive kind of “Cabanchik” will be the highest quality. Most often, the buyer overpays for the brand, while the quality of the material can leave the best.
- If it is assumed to create some kind of compositions from the elements, then it is worth considering that this material will be operated in the kitchen for more than one year, so the selected project may in the future do not correspond to the new room design. The optimal solution will be the selection of the material of calm shades, which will be appropriate in any style and interior.
- The entire volume of the material is best to buy in one place so that there are no situations when the elements of the same series will differ in color.
Recommendations for laying
An apron, laid out by “Cabancake”, will look beautiful and concisely only under the condition of competent laying. To correctly post the wall with tiles, it is recommended to stick in the work of a number of nuances.
- Nuance, which solves everything, is even and high-quality seams between elements. It is these works that will require maximum accuracy during the implementation of the selected type of laying.
- To extend the life of the kitchen apron, it is necessary to pre-prepare the wall to the facing. It is important that its surface is perfectly even, so preliminary preparation will usually require primer, putty and t. D.
- It is necessary to take into account the peculiar tile feature, in the light of which it will take more glue for its attachment, than in the case of a conventional smooth material.
Well-missing elements will have a good level of clutch with the surface of the wall, which will exclude the detection of material from the surface.
- The recommended seam thickness for such a material is 2-5 mm.
- Specialists are recommended in the corners of the working area to blame the ends of the elements at an angle of 45 degrees. Thus, the completion will look much careful. Also, for this purpose, plastic corners are used.
- For those cases when the apron does not act as a bright accent in the kitchen interior, the seams are better to make a smear of the material. And vice versa to allocate this zone, you can resort to contrasting interloctern space. It is more correct to select moisture-resistant grout.
How to choose a plinth on apron?
In some cases, special plastic plinths are used for seeding joints between furniture and wall. These elements perform a rather important function – ensure the use of joint. As a rule, such a detail may not only be from the bottom of the apron, but on top.
Plinths are selected to tone tile, it is possible to acquire a detail of a contrast color to highlight the boundaries, which will emphasize the form and texture of the apron.
So that the binding item fits the wall as much as possible, it should be fixed on the lower or top of the fake elements.
Interesting examples in the interior
For bold and original solutions in the design of the kitchen, the facing of the apron in the black and white colors of the elements in the size of the asymmetry will be relevant. Clear and correct lines of glossy parts will be perfectly harmonized in the contrast of light and dark, and due to the differences in the size of the rigor of basic shades will have a distinctive appearance, which will allocate this focus on the kitchen wall.
For kitchens, where only one or two colors are present in the interior and color of furniture, you can use a bright and colorful focus from a tiled texture in combination of red and basic colors. Complete the idea of allocation in the center of several parts with photo printing.
To transform the work area using a cable tile “, it will be enough to use non-standard reception of laying elements. An option “Christmas tree” will help even when using white color to make the installation of the original and memorable. A warm yellow focus of bricks of the same size will bring brightness and juits.
Councils of specialists for laying apron in the kitchen See in the video below.