Houses from foam blocks and wooden structures look too attractive, so many owners seek to see them siding. Facing the buildings by this material allows not only to improve the appearance of the building, but also to hide the disadvantages – the wall curves or the inaccient work of the builders. Siding perfectly withstands the temperature drops and can serve you dozens of years, and a large selection of flowers even scares, because the shade is not so easy to decide. However, there is one question that is worried about every builder: is it possible to mount siding without doom and, if yes, how to do it?
Purpose of doom
Dooming is one of the most important elements of the house design.
It is frame bars that are mounted perpendicular to racks and rafters – vertically and horizontally, forming a kind of grid.
Dooming gives a frame building with the necessary rigidity and perfectly masks the surface irregularities. In addition, this design performs a few more functions:
- makes it possible to fix cladding material – siding;
- facilitates the process of lining the house;
- protects the walls from the formation of condensate and the impact of moisture;
- creates ventilation gaps through which various communications can be held;
- The space between the wall and the facing material is filled with air, with competent operation, it will allow you to maintain heat in the room and will not allow drafts.
Doom is used almost everywhere: for the roof, ceiling, floor and, most importantly, for walls. This design is fixed from the outside and allows you to evenly distribute the load from the roof over the entire area of the walls. During the construction of multi-storey buildings, it is necessary to know that for each floor it is required its dying.
Dome of the walls are two types:
- Horizontal – In this case, the supports are located at an angle of 90 degrees, even a beginner will cope with its creation;
- Kosya – the angle between the bars and carriage elements of the frame is 45 degrees, which makes the design itself much stronger.
Creating a doom – not such a complex process, but it requires certain knowledge, strength, time and means. Fortunately, in some cases you can do without this stage of construction.
Pros and cons of wood mounting
Wooden houses are now quite rare, but siding such builds siding is also sometimes. This is exactly the same situation where the bread makeup will not need: if the walls are perfectly smooth, you can attach a facing material right on the surface.
The advantage of the frameless installation method is only one thing – it allows you to save time and does not require much costs. There are also practically no disadvantages, but those that are quite serious. In such a design between siding, there is no required gap, as a result of the formation of condensate. Any wood material (OSB-slabs, brices or boards) is negative, quickly covered with mold and rotates under its impact. And plastic, and vinyl siding (especially light) very easily stains, periodically it is necessary to wash, and it is impossible to do it without harm for a wooden design.
Is it possible to fasten the brick wall and from blocks?
It is worth saying to say that the installation of siding is immediately to the brick wall or to the wall of the blocks – a very bad idea.
Even a perfectly smooth surface (and it happens rarely) does not give a reason to save on the shelter.
Attempts to trigger siding on Pleeplex or Aezobeton will take a lot of time and effort, and a year later, the hosts will regret it, because they will have to fully remove it, to carry out surface treatment and again.
How to mount?
Professionals advise to think about vapor barrier if there will definitely not be. To do this, you can use a polyethylene film with a layer of lamination and metal foil, foamed substrate with a foil surface, diffuse membrane or isospan.
Algorithm of action.
- Process wooden surface antiseptic.
- After the walls are prepared, a slab heat insulator is installed between the rafters.
- Using the thread, the insulation is fixed, after which the film is mounted. It must be laid with a malfunction for nearby walls of 10-15 centimeters.
- Then the inner sizing of seams and external edges of the joints.
Only after that you can mount siding. For this, you will need the following materials:
- corner elements;
- Starting Plank;
Performance work can be facilitated if you prepare in advance:
- self-tapping screw;
- Scissors for metal;
- hacksaw with small teeth;
- line and roulette;
Instructions for fastening siding to the surface without doom:
- Mounting planks for external and internal angles are made, corners are fixed, platbands on the doors and windows are mounted;
- A horizontal line is marked, according to which the planks will be recorded;
- The starting profile is fixed by self-drawing;
- With the help of the lock connection, the rest of the profile is fixed;
- There are a good planks near window and doorways;
- Decorative planks are attached and the finishing panel is mounted.
Doom – the most important structural element when creating frame houses. Its fastening provides protection for the structure and facing material from condensate, but the creation of this design takes time and means. When wearing wooden houses, I can do siding without it, setting high-quality vapor barrier, but when installing siding on the foam block, it is better not to save and install a horizontal or oblique doom.