Excellent processing, environmental friendliness, the ability to cut various tools – from manual hacksaw to a circular saw, high speed mounting (self-tapping screws can be screwed even without prior drilling). All this is the weighty advantages of using oriented chipboard in the finishing works. But there are not only the pros and cons, classes and characteristics that need to be considered by choosing a scope. The answer to the question of how and the better to see the ceiling, also includes preliminary preparation and final finish.
Features of the trim
Construction experts are confident that the idea of sewing the Ceiling of OSB-plates, an excellent option for those who cannot afford tension or drywall coatings. Despite some restrictions, there are strong tips to apply an OSP coating only in residential premises and on low-impaired ceiling floors. But the scope of application of stoves made of stoves wide, they perform two important features – decorative and protective. It all depends on whether there will be plates to perform the role of the main covering of the ceiling, or serve as a rough basis for further design. Options for possible application:
- In the bath you can use OSP-4: This is not cheap pleasure, but it has a desired moisture-resistance;
- A wooden house will be good OSP-2 and OSP-3 durable, preserving texture and decorative enough;
- In the garage – OSP-3, with its increased resistance to mechanical impacts and atmospheric conditions;
- on the ceiling in a private house or for attic OSP-2 and OSP-3 plates are recommended, Increasing the duration of operation and the beneficial properties of the material;
- In the gazebo in the country area, it is enough to use OSP-1, Since it is a non-residential premises, often intended for decorative design design.
Features of the trim are determined not only and not so much by the amount of strokes in the stove. These building materials are rarely demanded as the main finish. They are more often used as the basis for finishing.
Preliminary preparation and final decor is of great importance – lacquet or paint coating, decorative plaster, ceiling wallpaper and other. Well, before the process of the trim, it can be cope with them, even an amateur, strictly adhered to the technology of the process, safety regulations and finishing rules in different premises intended for certain purposes.
Selection of material
OSB-Plates are a general collective term for the designation of a sought-after building material with different thickness (from 8 to 26 mm). It is due to the amount of layers with wood chips. The class of material depends not only on the sheet thickness, but also from resistance to moisture, mechanical exposure.
For ceilings in the attic it is better not to chase. Strength and elasticity allow you to bend the slab under the desired angle so that heat and sound insulation will not suffer from this. Uniform structure, resistance to aggressive compounds, insects, fungi and mold guarantee long-term operation. Although the thickness of the product also matters.
- Some types of products can withstand a load of several hundred kilograms, and this allows them to be used to assemble responsible structures.
- Resistance to insects, rotting, fungi and mold is ensured by a special impregnation, this moment should also be considered.
- There are two types of mounting – frame and frameless. Last option is available only to professionals. Usually make a laminate from a wooden bar.
- If the work is carried out without assistant, the sheet is reusable for several fragments, the thick sheet lies tight.
- The thickness of the sheet matters and when buying fasteners, determining the length of the screws.
- Finally, a complex choice between 4 types of OSP depends on what the sheet or wallpaper will be separated. They do not particularly lose tile. But the ceramic tile or wall panels will make the ceiling harder that can affect the reliability of the structure.
All nuances can be consulted with specialists, seller-consultant or on the builder forum. Need to be sure to determine the presence of impregnation. If it is not, then at the preliminary stage it will have to do it yourself.
Held in several stages. Includes optimization of the existing material and framework of the frame (crates). Plate, if necessary, coated with an antiseptic, compositions from fungus and antipirens. In some sources you can find the tips to polish, and degrease the surface of the plates with additional moisture-proof protection. The ceiling is cleaned of contaminants, then mark the markup to place the fraud. The presence on the ceiling of communications and beams complicates the task: in the first case, the construction of individual structures is required, in the second – the framework is equipped at a single level. Then you need to cut the sheets according to a pre-laying scheme of framework racks. If the ceiling is immediately under the attic, it is necessary to provide for steam and waterproofing, well think over insulation options. The preliminary phase also includes:
- Preparation of tools – screwdriver and pr.;
- Buying fasteners – self-tapping screws;
- Acquisition of primary structures – stepladers or building goats;
- Impregnation of the BRUSEV frame with special compositions and their thorough dryer after this process.
At the preliminary stage, the sequence of actions has no particular value. If two people work, they can work in parallel over different points list. However, on the arrangement of the crate, the observance of the algorithm becomes a prerequisite for the quality and strength of the ceiling.
This must be drawn up to correctly make a reliable and durable ceiling of OSP-plates. One person will seem uncomfortable and difficult, so it’s better to work with an assistant. But it is quite realistic to perform work and with your own hands using the cutting sheet to segments. One-piece chipboard with a length of 2.5 m is almost impossible to establish alone.
When installing the OSB panels, you need to make markup. The frequency of jumpers is determined by the need to enhance the design, as well as the number of sliced fragments. Their number is dictated by the complexity of the ceiling configuration.
Assembly of the carcass
The crate begins to mount from one of the walls. Then stretch the cord, and the coordinates of the second similar part are exposed. Then the metal anchors are fastened by transverse racks. The distance between them is determined by the thickness (and therefore, both the severity of OSP-plates, as well as finishing, if such is provided). At this stage, all the necessary communications are laid, the future location of lighting devices is planned.
One of the advantages of the chipboard is the opportunity to secure them to walls or ceiling without preliminary drilling holes for self-tapping screws. However, experts are confident that the amateur can correctly sunmate the details, not allowing the occurrence of distortions only if there is marking and drilling holes on the labels, so that the screws are inserted freely. Start from the wall – not the only technique. You can also do from the center, but for this you need additional marking and pulling the installation cords, which will create unnecessary difficulties.
Each sheet or fragment of cutting should be placed on a strictly defined place, with a clearance from a wall of at least a centimeter. The correct entry is carried out with the drowning hats of self-drawing in a wooden surface. Installation will be qualitative only, provided that the edge of each sheet or its cut-out fragment will be on the crate of reliably fixed.
Finishing, or rather variability of methods to give the ceiling from OSB-plates, functionality and decorativeness – one of the reasons for the demand of this building material. At the disposal of the developer or repairman – several excellent options to improve the surface of the plates.
- Lacquer. But first sharpen irregularities, pollipate and impregnate with primer, and then cover with several layers of varnish. Such decoration allows you to preserve the spectacular natural texture of the tree, and the additional external finish will not need.
- Fixing Wallpaper on the ceiling – a good way to close all the joints, irregularities, fastening elements. The use of fiberglass or multi-layer wallpaper eliminates possible difficulties. For rolled wallpapers you need to handle the base with putty, and the joints cover the reinforcing grid.
- For whitewash or painting, you must first cover the ceiling by primer (pre-degreased surface). Painted acrylic paint ceiling covered with pigment varnish.
There are others, but more expensive finishing options for the Ceiling Barbecue Procedure. It is closed with tension ceiling, suspended structures, drywall sheets, ceiling tiles, decorative plaster, laminate or PVC.
If you see the ceiling with laminated osp-sheets, you can do without decorating. When choosing a material you need to remember that its thickness for subsequent decorative elements should not be less than 12-18 mm. To resort to thicker plates, it makes no sense – they weigh more and complicate the installation with their own hands.
Read more about how to shelter the ceiling of OSB-plates, see the next video.