Plasterboard today is used to solve many tasks when finishing the premises. With it, they align the ceilings and walls, and also form partitions or other similar fences. This material is already initially released with a smooth surface. But for its better training, experts recommend plasterboard plasterboard. Thus, you can get perfectly smooth surfaces that are suitable for all types of finishes.
When spectaling is carried out?
The use of plasterboard sheets does not always make it possible to get high quality. We solve these problems with the help of special mixtures that are applied to both joints and the entire material plane.
Use putty specialists are recommended in several cases:
- Painting wall or ceiling. If this is not done, significant differences will be noticeable on the walls, which paint is not able to level.
- Applying decorative plasters. With the help of finishing solutions, grip with similar compositions increases.
- Visual drop alignment that can affect the laying of finishing materials. Often the plaster is applied under the wallpaper.
Apply the plaster only on moisture-resistant walls from drywall, as they are able to withstand high humidity. When ordinary mixes are used for such purposes, the result may be unpredictable.
We select solution
The quality of the plasterboard coating and the service life of such a surface depends on the composition that will be applied to it.
The modern market offers several types of plaster plasterboard:
- Gypsum mixes. Products are perfect for drywall sheets, since technically this is the same substance. The disadvantage of these solutions is the rapid absorption of moisture. Therefore, it will correctly apply gypsum plaster only in dry rooms where there is no high moisture drop.
- Cement formulations. Solutions of this type are well withstanding high humidity. Therefore, with their help, you can additionally protect drywall sheets from water. You can use them in almost any premises.
- Polymer plasters. They appeared relatively recently. They may include both plaster and cement. But to change the main physical properties there are various types of polymers. Therefore, such mixtures are perfectly withstanding high humidity. They are universal and are suitable for solving many tasks. The only disadvantage of polymer plasters can be considered their high cost.
If you are a novice and decided to make shuttering with your own hands, then experts recommend to give preference to universal solutions. They are much easier to apply, which will allow you to get a smooth surface with a minimum amount of flaws.
Working with sheets and mixtures is carried out by various auxiliary devices. With their help, you can speed up the process, as well as get the surface of high quality.
For shuffling, you will need several items:
- Perforator and nozzle for mixing solution. If the area is small, then these operations can be carried out manually.
- Screwdriver and several nozzles of different sizes.
- Spatulas. You will need a tool for various sizes. It is important that the end of the spatula is smooth.
- Reinforcing grid. Some experts apply special paper for this.
- Small sandpaper. You can purchase several of its species, as it will allow processing plaster with higher accuracy.
Before applying the main layer of plaster, should be aligned with a plasterboard surface.
These works are fairly simple and assumes the implementation of such operations:
- First of all, visually and to the touch check, whether there are no screws of self-tapping screws over the surface of the sheet. If so, then it is desirable to drown them somewhat below this level. To do this, simply screws up a screwdriver a little deep into the screw. Do not use a screwdriver, as you can simply unintelling the material or drove the fastener too deep.
- Pay attention to the joints. In these places there must be a edge. In most cases, it is present, since the manufacturers equipped her sheets. But if it is missing, it is necessary using a stationery knife to neatly cut off the ends of the plasterboard at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Primer. Treatment of drywall is carried out by special solutions capable of strengthening its structure. But it is undesirable to apply the mixtures based on alkids, since these components quickly corrupt the paper. You can find the right products in specialized stores.
- Inserting irregularities and joints. Initially, each hole from under the self-press is filled with putty. Apply it to a narrow spatula cross. It is important not to form a protruding over the main surface of the tubercle. Before filling the joints on their surface, a special grid is fixed. After that, it is fixed with a liquid solution. The maximum surface alignment is also carried out.
- If a multi-level ceiling or arch is formed from the drywall, then you need to strengthen it with special corners. Please note that they can be external and internal. Fixing them occurs with the help of self-tapping screws or the same solution. After that, the entire technical holes of the finished mixture fill in the same way.
When the preparatory work is completed, the surface should be left alone on one day. During this time, the composition will dry completely and it can be additionally enthusiastic with sandpaper. After that, the entire surface is covered with primer compositions. You can put the gypsum of drywall once after the complete shtclotation of all joints and damage.
Algorithm of work
The technology of applying a solution is relatively simple, but requires compliance with several simple rules:
- It follows a small amount of mixture, as it quickly freezes. It is important if you do not have experience and you will not be able to quickly apply a solution on plasterboard.
- Watching always starts with corners, consistently moving towards the center of the wall or ceiling.
- The thickness of the applied layer should not exceed 5 mm. If you immediately cover the sheet with a thick layer of plaster, then this will lead to a rapid cracking of the material when drying.
- Should not be strongly putting on a spatula when working. It will not allow you to get a uniform layer.
- Each new piece is applied with a small influx for the previously attached plaster. Thus, it turns out a peculiar bandage, which allows to achieve a solid layer.
- Spatula with plaster lead at an angle no more than 15 degrees. If this value is increased, then you can not always get a smooth surface after the first application.
- When putty, pay attention to the height differences. Do not try to align them with a few layers. It is better to give them to dry, and then apply a new thin portion of the composition.
- Plaster follows several cycles. After each operation, you need to give a minimum of day to make the composition.
- The ending step is the leveling of plaster. To do this, use several types of plastering paper. It is important to achieve a perfectly smooth surface with a minimum number of drops. You can optimize this work using a special painting grater. Be sure to use for this tool for personal protection (glasses, gloves and respirator).
Work with plasterboard, or rather, its plastering is a simple operation that requires only time and patience. To get a perfectly smooth surface, you should use high-quality materials and comply with the recommendations of specialists, all operations should be taken carefully, in compliance with technology.
About how to plaster drywall do it yourself, look in the following video.