Today the assortment of ceiling plinths pleases buyers with a chic manifold. Such components are made from different materials and use various design to them. Plinths are installed simply, but often it is predefined to make their internal angles. In this article we will deal with how it is done correctly.
Features of cutting of different plinths
As mentioned earlier, modern cartoons are made from various materials. The features of the cutting of parts depend on this characteristics. Consider some of them.
- The most durable material used to create current plinths is wood. With a string of such components, the most serious resistance arises, due to which chips may appear on the cut, as well as burrs. Tree plinths, especially having a small width, it is advisable to maintain an exclusively with a wood-hacksaw on a tree with small cloths or use the electric jignee with the same “tender” saw.
- Polystyrene foam (foam). The most fragile and lightweight material used in the production of cartel. During cutting, it can easily crumble. Coloring similar items are recommended using acute stationery or construction knife. Conducting a similar process, you do not need to press the blade with excessive diligence, because the zone of the end is risks to sell, which will negatively affect the appeal. Work should be carried out with maximum accuracy and thoroughness so that there is no crown, nor deformation.
- Extruded (extrusion) polystyrene foam. It is a more reliable and durable material that is freely cutting and does not leave crumbs. Crying elements from such a material is much easier, since burrs or sinks are extremely rarely formed. However, such details are flexible, so problematic is held on the surface curve.
- Polyurethane. It also produces rigid, and flexible model of plinths, so they can be installed both on relatively uneven and frankly curvilinear sections.
Flexible options It makes sense to cut only a sharp knife, and in relation to hard it is necessary to do the same as with extruded expanded polystyrene foam.
How to cut inner corner?
Cut the plinth to prepare the inner corner. To do this, use a specialized tool – stub, but you can spend work without it. We will get acquainted with all possible ways to trim parts.
Most masters prepare plinths for installation on the ceiling using stub. With this device, you can easily cut the desired parts at home without spending a lot of extra time. We will analyze in stages, as you can pinpups, applying the stub.
- First of all, the harvesting of the ceiling plinth will need to be applied to the surface of the base and place the length.
- Then a piece of molding should be placed in a stub in such a position, as it must be installed on the ceiling.
- Haller pressed as close as possible to the rear surface of the instrument.
- One hand must be adhered to the workpiece, so that in the course of the cutting it did not shift.
- Lock the hacksaw at an angle of 45 degrees to the workpiece.
- Plinth must be cut, keeping the degree of pressure of the hacksaw under control so as not to harm the details.
- Next, you should move to the cutting of the “response” part of the plinth. It should also be applied to the far wall of the stus.
- The prepared detail is pressed and stick to hand so that it does not shift.
- The hacksaw is set at an angle of 45 degrees in relation to the workpiece, so that the cutting direction is opposed to the first part of the cartel.
- And at the end of the angle of the plinth must be cut off.
Moldings intended for installation on the ceiling foundation may freeze and without stub. It happens that this method turns out to be more efficient, so many masters are treated for him. We will analyze in stages, how to cut moldings in a similar way.
- It is necessary to place the item so that its edge rested into the junction of 2-walls. Be sure to check this position with a pencil.
- Similar actions will need to perform with molding and from the opposite side.
- On the section of the joint wall and ceiling bases, you must connect intersecting points and pave the line diagonally. Then it is required to note on the plinth itself. This will become a mark for the future cut.
- Cut the detail with a sharp blade on the marked strip. When docking, the components must be perfectly combined. By similar technique, it is possible to cut the material and for the formation of external corners of the plinths.
How to use the template?
When cutting moldings, you can use the stusla template. It is necessary to apply 2 parallel lines. Then they calculate the central point and, pushing out from it, lay any desired corner with the transport. Before sawing this designated angle, it is recommended to double-check the value of both internal and external corners between the walls in the room. For this purpose, all the same simple transportation.
The principle of cutting ceiling plinths using a template is approximately the same as in the case of using a standard type stouch.
At the same time, the prepared part must be pressed to the parallel line and, fixing the hacksaw under the required angle, cut off the workpiece.
How to make a stouch with your own hands?
Stuslo for trimming plinths can be made with your own hands. It is advisable to take for such work to masters who have work skills with drawings. Stuslo can be made not only from paper template, but also from wood. There are only 2 ways to manufacture from this material. Consider each of them.
- Prepare 3 wooden boards. Instead, they will fit the plywood slats. Using nails and hammer, build a figure in the form of the letter “P”. On the lateral bases of the obtained item to make the corners that will be needed for further work with moldings. It is for them that cuts will be made. As a result, it turns out a design that resembles a chair.
- This is a peculiar combination of stusla of wood and paper template. Create 2 straps or boards. Of which the figure is going to the corner. On Watman draws lines, corresponding to the corner of the segment of 45 or 90 degrees. Before trigging the plinth, it will be possible to draw any type of corner – in this and the main advantage of self-made adaptation in comparison with purchased copies.
How to join?
Master must know how to properly docked the prepared ceiling plinths. If the first angle fasteners are successfully completed, you can think that you have practically learned to work with such elements, but not until the end. It is also necessary to figure out how to correctly connect the angular sections and cut the Moldings themselves along the length. When some part is already glued and a very small distance remains to the corner, the length parameter can be seriously mistaken. In order not to encounter such a problem, it is necessary to leave the stock.
At first you can cut off a longer piece (longer than 10-15 cm). Then it will be possible to determine repeatedly if something does not go according to the plan and immediately fails. Then it will be necessary to build an angle with one of the methods described earlier. Gently try the item (still dry). Need to fit the available components to achieve perfect results. Only after these procedures can be pressed by a clipped molding and celebrate the site that it will have to shorten it.
Trimming must be carried at an angle of 90 degrees. However, there is no need to use the stub. You can simply correctly substitute the acute knife strictly perpendicular to the surface of the part.
Before making hands to make the right inner corner of the ceiling plinth, it is advisable to “armament” by some useful tips and recommendations.
- If, engaged in fitting, you noticed that certain errors and shortcomings remained, then the adjustment is possible to produce with a small knife or sandpaper. Just make sure of the perfect fit, you can finally glue the plinth to the base.
- Studying under the ceiling moldings, it is necessary to act carefully and deliberately. Do not hurry. Excessive hurrying will necessarily lead to serious errors and damage.
- Pick for works with plinths high-quality and most suitable tools. The fierce raw materials from which Moldings are produced, the more sharp must be a device for their cutting. For instances from foam, you can use an ordinary knife. Wooden parts will not be accredited to such devices – they are advisable to cut electric jigsaw.
- Plastic from which ceiling plinths are made, you need to cut off the front side. Follow this rule you need to achieve a more even and aesthetic cut.
- Before gluing and customized ready and cut plinths, it is recommended to process their edges using abrasive with small grains.
- Cutting wooden plinths and forming the right angle, it is necessary to trace the presence of the remaining errors. Get rid of them will succeed with wrinkle with a file.
- If you decide to make a stub, for example, from wood, it is recommended to make a detailed drawing of the future tool with all the dimensional parameters and design features. In this case, improvisation will be superfluous.
- If one cartoons are required to trim and internal, and external angles, it is recommended to start with more complex actions. First it is recommended to make an inner corner.
- If in the room where you do repair, there are not the most even and right walls, a short type of plinth is suitable for better docking in the corners. With such elements, it will be possible to achieve a more accurate angle that has no cracks.
It will not be strongly deformed due to the existing irregularities, as in the case of long and wide plinths.
- If it was not necessary to fit the harvested elements, it was not possible to get upset and nervous. The remaining slots can be easily and quickly hidden by filling with a sealant or putty. If you act neatly, subsequently such manipulations will not issue themselves.
- On their own, it is extremely difficult to cut the plinth, so it is recommended to take a job responsibly and act neatly.
How to make the inner corner of the ceiling pillow newcomer, look in the video.