The most frequent request in people who wish to transform their space and thinking about cosmetic repair is luminous paint. Many have heard about what it is, and actively use it in their homes.
It is applied to the walls, ceiling or things in the interior, adding individuality to their dwelling. So, the day the room usually looks like, and at night turns into a real fabulous house with stars on the ceiling or beautiful flowers located on the walls.
Paint has a number of advantages: it is durable, unpretentious in leaving and is easy to apply, and the effect is stunning. This is an excellent alternative to night lamps. It is economical: paint is gaining energy from daylight, and at night gives him and thus glows.
It is especially popular when used in children’s rooms, After all, so you can create a comfort, feeling of comfort and safety. Children, as a rule, are afraid of darkness, and with beautiful luminous patterns, they are easier to fall asleep, they feel calm.
Considering the various drawings, the child calms down faster and falls asleep, which perfectly affects his fantasy and the development of creative abilities.
This paint is popular not only in construction, but also in various types of creativity – be it creating aquagrim or decoration of various items.
This will add magic notes to any subject or process.
What kind of miracle paint?
Paint, which transforms any item due to the luminescence, there are two types – luminescent (it is also called luminophore) and fluorescent. Very often confused, allowing a big mistake.
Consider the characteristics that disting them:
- Fluorescent paint is capable of luminescence only under direct influence of ultraviolet rays, which is why it requires special lamps.
- Luminescent paint is capable of glowing itself.
It is about the last thing now and this will be discussed – this is the easiest way to transform space. No additional sources are required.
The name of the paint comes from the word “luminescence”, which means the ability of a special substance due to its own energy glow. For this process, special pigments are answered, which are called “Luminofors”. It is they who accumulate energy during the daytime from the Sun or from artificial lighting, and at night our eyes are glad.
This process of gaining light day, and returns at night – as if “Eternal Engine”, he can work for many years. All that is required is to apply paint to the surface, and then the processes are activated independently.
Interestingly, energy is produced not only from bright sunlight, but from any other source (flashlight, lamps, lunar light).
As for the duration of the action, then 15 minutes of “recharging” at the artificial light source give energy for 10 hours of work in the dark with a gradual decrease in brightness.
Phosphor – a stable substance both physically and chemically, able to hold out on the facade of the building for more than 30 years, which is already talking about internal surfaces. You can regulate the brightness of the glow, increasing or decreasing the concentration of pigments.
Choosing the type of paint between luminescent and fluorescent remains yours. According to the principle, they are similar, differ only in the independence of the glow. Note that the latter contains phosphorus in their composition, which is dangerous to human health. If they apply them, only for work outside the building. The materials from the phosphor are almost completely safe.
Why it is needed?
Such paint is in demand in the decor of the rooms, the elements of the interior or even the wardrobe – it costs to simply apply to the surface. Its composition, in addition to you already a famous phosphor, includes transparent varnish. He is the basis of the material. Depending on its properties, there are paints for any surface – be it wallpaper, metal or plastic, ceramics or glass, wood or plaster – Many options.
Luminescent paint is actively used in the following areas:
- when painting an internal coating;
- when decorating individual interior items;
- in clothes (professional clothing, wardrobe decoration);
- in road markings;
- in the improvement of cars;
- In the manufacture of advertising and decorative products (souvenirs, photos, mugs, t-shirts, key rings, badges, magnets);
- in the show industry (screens for light representations);
- in the beauty industry (nail polish, pigment shadows);
- In the work (to create a decoupage, luminous sand, stones, paintings, decorations and gifts).
Moreover, you can apply this composition even on live flowers or face when applying aquagrim. Imagine what is the platform for creativity.
All painting formulations are divided into two categories:
- Colorless paints that are produced on the basis of a completely colorless varnish. They can be safely applied on top of any drawing.
- Colored – paints that have an additional coloring pigment in their composition – such as a kel. They can not be distinguished from ordinary paint, and at night they appear and start glowing.
In addition, there are still types of paints depending on properties and characteristics:
- Acrylic emulsions. They are completely safe and at the same time dry quickly. They can be used both in floristics and when applied.
- Polyurethane and Mineral Enamel. Used mainly for plastic.
- Heat resistant paints – can heat up to 500 degrees, so that they are suitable for both glass and metal.
- Water resistant paints – Create a special waterproof film, due to which actively used in the bathrooms and pools.
How to make yourself?
To get luminous paint, optionally rush to the store. We can create it yourself. There are two options – you can cook paint or from the finished phosphor or completely from scratch. Let’s start with the first option.
Manufacture of luminofora
You can purchase phosphor in a construction store or order online. He is not cheap, but it needs quite a bit: 100g substances can paint 8 square meters of surface. Mostly the price depends only on the selected color. Light pigments (beige, salad) are a little cheaper, and brighter (blue, green) – more expensive.
It is also worth remembering that the lacquer should be selected by the surface that we will paint.
Paint preparation method:
- Pour varnish in the container.
- Add phosphor powder based on the proportion of 70% varnish to 30% painting pigment.
- We do not forget to add a solvent – no more than 1%.
- Mass are thoroughly mixed.
- If necessary, add a koler to give us a shade.
Ready paint can be safely used and stored as well as varnishes of this type.
Production of fluorescent paint from scratch
In case you have not found the phosphor of the desired shade, or you wish to conduct an independent experience, it is necessary to gain patience. The process will be more complex and long. It will be necessary to make more effort, time, as well as find special reagents. But the result will not make himself wait.
Here the main component will be a coniferous extract, depending on its concentration, we will receive the desired effect of the glow.
To create paint, we will need:
- Heat supply dishes with a wide bottom;
- coniferous extract;
- boric acid.
Method of manufacturing at home:
- In a separate container, we dilute the coniferous concentrate with water in a 1: 50 ratio. The resulting solution should be a yellow shade.
- I smell 3g boric acid to heat-resistant dishes.
- Dripping into powder 10 drops of the resulting coniferous solution.
- We thoroughly mix the resulting mixture and distribute on the day of the dishes so that the layer is not thicker 4 mm.
- Put the dishes on the stove and turn on a small fire.
- Water will turn to evaporate, and the mixture melting, and small bubbles will appear on the surface – we are pissing them.
- After a complete melting of the mixture remove it from the fire and leave until the complete cooling at room temperature.
- The frozen crust is rubbing into the powder – this is the resulting phosphor. We mix it with varnish and solvent according to the recipe shown above.
As you can see, make the luminous paint itself is not very difficult, the main thing is desire and diligence.
Fluorescent paint – an easy way to change the bored design, update the thing and bring change. Moreover, this is a modern and unusual way of self-expression, perfectly suitable for creativity, ornamental and other needs.
On how to make luminous paint at home on a new recipe, see the following video.