Matte glass is widely used by designers when creating a unique interior. It fills the room with grace and charm. Matte glasses are used as partitions, in the décor of interroom doors, in the bathroom, and they are also amazingly suitable for zoning space, which is very relevant today. Matte surfaces can be seen not only in residential premises – they are used everywhere for cafes and restaurants, in shopping complexes.
If the old glasses stopped inspiring, then with their own hands it is possible to modify them. About how to do it – told in the article.
As a rule, glass matting is carried out in different ways, and it is difficult to say which one is the best. Registration of such glass can be any – artistic, simple, with patterns. Glass acid can be used for glass processing. When working with it, protect camouflage: apron, rubber gloves, gas mask category B, so you need to prepare everything in advance.
Consider what major methods make glass matte.
Sandblasting method is widespread in production, it is considered the main. Of the advantages you can allocate quality and reliability. But it is extremely difficult to call such a way available, because special equipment is expensive (from 7 000 rubles). Well, if any of the acquaintances work in production and can borrow the device.
Sandblasting machine allows you to make matting any depth and density, in which its indisputable advantage. The disadvantages of such a method include the loss of glass thickness (about 3 mm), and even attributes, which are also not even at hand: respirator and sand.
Before you start, the glass surface is cleaned, and then press the pump to it. Circular movements process glass. The process is repeated several times (it all depends on the desired density).
In the finals of the process, we break the stencil and simply wash the surface.
Often the need occurs in the figure, for example, for wardrobes. For such cases, artistic matting fits well. This is the second most popular way in production after sandblasting. Chemical processing does not imply the purchase of the necessary devices and a large space for work. Melting acid is used to etch the glass surface.
Since the evaporation of acids is poisonous, work must be carried out by observing safety equipment. If this is not done, teeth can collapse, the respiratory tract will be inflamed, the intestinal disease will occur.
Art mating glass conventionally consists of several stages, including:
- layer application (it should be undisturbed acid) on the product;
- removing the protective layer from those zones that are planned to make matte;
- application of the etching agent;
- After exposure – washing the surface.
Final washing follows after removing the protective layer.
Mechanical technology of matting implies the effects of mechanical tools, as well as abrasive materials on the surface, resulting in the desired matte effect. Method of engraving is very popular. Thanks to the mechanical version of the processing of the product to the surface, you can apply any drawings – plot compositions, abstraction, clear lines.
Engraving can be carried out in several ways:
The essence of the process is in contact with the cutting tool with glass. As a result, the groove is formed – the combination of the excavation gives the effect of engraving. Thanks to the engraving, the drawing can be made in-depth or, on the contrary, convex. Another very interesting mechanical method – laser impact. With the help of suitable equipment, specialists create creative products.
How to make your own hands?
Make glass matte at home for everyone to everyone, the main thing – inspiration and the desire to create, because it will be the end result that will depend. Acquisition of matte surfaces – the pleasure is quite expensive, there is no need to pay when you can achieve the desired effect with your own hands.
It is worth saying that paint matting in the cannter refers to the least durable methods. Spray is applied to the surface, creating an opaque film. Surprisingly, the dignity of this option lies in its lack of.
At any time you can erase the coating and apply a new, refreshing the view.
- dip the cotton disk in the pharmacy alcohol, and then carefully wipe the glass;
- A template prepared from the screening film with an inflicted light grave is applied to the surface and we try to press the product to the product as hardships;
- If there are sections on the glass that should be left without processing, they can be closed with unnecessary wallpaper;
- Bolon with sprays before applying thoroughly shake, and then we carry out a spraying (adhering to the distance of about 30 cm);
- After the process is completed, we remove the stencil and protective paper.
Matching the surface of special paste – very easy way to transform an old glass. Despite the safety of the fund, it is also desirable to spend the job in gloves, and the room will not prevent the air in advance. It is worth warning in advance about one thing – the liquid changes the structure of the material, so correcting errors is unlikely to be possible.
- a cotton disk, moistened in alcohol, carry out the degreasing glass – there should be no dust on the surface;
- We glue the stencil on the product (places that do not plan to mock, you can cover with paper);
- We take a spatula and apply a mixture on stencil;
- Without the time (in the instructions of each paste manufacturer, the exact exposure time is indicated);
- We remove the surplus paste from the glass or window into the container (the substance can be used more than once);
- For complete cleansing “We pass” on the surface of the sponge;
- Remove stencil.
Ready to use.
Matte film for glass is perhaps the easiest and less cost solution. If the matte film paste smoothly and beautifully, no one can even distinguish the fake of the matte glass. But this is only a temporary solution.
The most popular types of films include matte-white and matte-gray varieties. On average, the price of the film does not exceed 1,000 rubles per meter.
- Glass carefully clean and dried;
- After measuring the product, we cut off the required amount of film;
- The material is separated from the substrate (slow movements);
- We have material from the angle and evenly;
- With the help of a dry cloth neatly recall the cloth to remove bubbles.
Self-adhesive film very much like consumers – still, because in a matter of minutes you can create a glass as in the fashionable magazine of interiors. The film is with a floral pattern, a decorative 3D, imitating matte glass.
- First of all, we clean the glass from dust and dirt (you can use a special tool or use soap shampoo);
- After the glasses measurements, cut the film (additionally leaving on each side of 2-3 cm);
- We apply on the glass soap solution;
- Apply the film to the top edge of the glass and carefully smoothed;
- The outer side of the film is wetting the same means as the glass;
- From under the film I drive water and air, smoothing carefully on the surface of the product;
- After time, with the help of a knife, you cut the material where it turned out to be superfluous.
Care is carried out depending on how the effect of mattness was achieved. If the changes were created by chemical or mechanical way, it is enough just to wipe the glass with a wet sponge. Even on the matte glass will be visible all stains and pollution. So that the stain did not enter the product, it needs to be wiped right after the formation of dirt.
If strong pollution has been discovered on the glass, you can purchase a means for matte glasses, but it is worth considering that the matte product “is afraid” of fluorine and silicone cleaners.
So that matte glass always remained attractive and served as a highlight of the interior, it is advisable to regularly hold care activities. Wipe away from time to time, matte glass is a wet natural suede or rinse it with hot water, adding vinegar to it. After such treatment, the product is dried.
Create a cozy atmosphere in your home will not work. One of the listed ways can be checked in practice and update the old glass. Stages of care include the usual wiping of the surface with a cloth. If the stain is serious, it can be removed by a proven method – ammonia.
With the help of matting, you can not only hide from curious eyes, but also create an unforgettable atmosphere. The manufacturing process is very light, it is only important to comply with the instructions, and you will succeed.
About how to make glass, look in the following video.