Hydraulic press, as well as mechanical, allows without losses to transfer the force attached by man or with the help of an electric motor, to the workpiece that must be flattened. The use of the tool is diverse – from straightening strips and sheets of metal before pressing, for example, the surfaces of the large area, which are not squeezed by conventional clamps.
Tools and materials
If you came to the conclusion that you just need a press – at least small – to, for example, straighten or crush something flat, then the first mechanism that came to mind – This is a hydraulic jack, which raise the driving part of the car to change the wheel, disassemble and replace the parts of the brake pads, get to the cardan shaft in the field and T. D.
Industrial presses, at prices for 2021, begin with rates from tens of thousand rubles: Such equipment works with high weight and decent force (pressure) – from 10 atmospheres at a specific point of compressible planes. The manual press made on the basis of the jack allows us with a liquid, for example, transmission or brake oil almost without loss to transfer the force acting on the processed blanks, which require strong compression throughout their area.
Low losses are associated with the inability of the liquid to shrink – in contrast to the gas, the volume of which decreases to several times, the liquid will rather penetrate through the brewed thawed vessel (capsule), which will be frightened by at least 5%. The same effect is used in the brake system of cars.
For the manufacture of the press, except for the jack, are required:
- welding inverter and electrodes;
- Bulgarian and cutting, grinding discs;
- steel hacksaw;
- Stewler with 8 mm walls – segment for 4 m;
- Profiter square sections;
- Corner 5 * 5 cm (5 mm steel);
- The strip was 1 cm thick;
- trim pipe by 1.5 cm suitable under the rod of the jack of diameter;
- The segment of the sheet was thick 1 cm – 25 * 10 cm with an area;
- Springs sufficient to stop the press of the thickness of a twisted rod (power).
Prepare the necessary materials and tools, proceed to the process itself.
For the manufacture of the hydraulic press (for the garage) from the jack do it yourself, do the following.
- Drawing in size in the drawing, mark and saw the blanks into composite details.
- Lock the welding part with clamps – Some of them are extremely important rectangle of mutual location.
- Segments of profiles and pipes weld with each other, putting them with side edges and edges. Tapping seams from all sides. Otherwise, the press can burst anywhere – for each square centimeter of the workpiece often accounts for weight from tens to hundred kilograms. The stiffness of the design should be with twice, and better with a three-time reserve, only then the press will last for a number of years.
- Collecting the press platform, mounted the bottom stop and vertical parts. Profiter applies for them. The length of the blanks and height standing on the site of the jack is the same – provided that the rod of the device is raised (extended) to the maximum height. Further stock on the length of vertical racks is chosen in the thickness of the removable stop. Lower backup – a piece of proftrube, which coincides in length with a support platform.
- The collected components are welded into a single whole. Before welding, check the rectangle of the collected system – the slightest SCOS will immediately lead to a noticeable reduction in the service life of the device. For greater reliability, breed diagonal spacers – at an angle of 45 degrees in the corners of the frame.
- Next comes disconnected. He, moving vertically within the guides, clamps the workpiece processed on the press. It is collected from several steel plates collected and wrapped from all four ribers with each other. They must move freely on the guides, while not overlooking, not shifting in different directions horizontally. The emphasis itself is screwed on the bolts to the main part of the jack. The guides themselves are screwed to the same compounds – their length is 10 cm longer than the length of the stop.
- Welcome pipe cutting 1.5 cm in the central part of the back side of the supporting platform. As a result, this element will turn out. This trim will fix the pins of the jack in the center.
- For spontaneous return of the jack in the original state (readiness for the new working cycle), set the springs that are equidistant from the central axis of the rod movement and the opposite each other. They are located between the reference area and the focus. By the time of the highest effort, in which the compression of the processed parts is made, the springs are maximally lengthened, and the focus will be returned to the initial position when the pressing pressure is removed.
- Having finished the main assembly stage, install the jack in the press. Emphasis down down so that the jack fit in the space intended for him and was ready to work. The end of the jack pin should be fixed in trimming the pipe attached to the bottom surface of the supporting platform. Secure the foundation of the jack with removable focus using bolted joints.
Press ready for work.
Remove rust if it is, and paint the device (except the running stock) soil enamel.
The homemade press need a shortened distance, which passes back and forward. As a result, the selection of blanks on such a press is carried out markedly faster. Make it can be three methods.
- On the static stage of the tool put a segment of professional – interstitial or welded.
- Installed adjustable by the location of the lower focus. It joins the side supports by means of a bolted connection in several places.
- Plates are placed on the ground, performing the role of anvil. They are also performed in the form of a set set or weld to the site, exposing horizontally and drifting the protrusers randomly formed when performing welds.
As a result, you will receive customizable steady rusting requirements.
Further watch the video about the manufacture of a hydraulic press from the jack with your own hands.