Currently, specialized stores offer a wide range of swimming facilities. Choose a suitable boat – not a problem, another thing is that the cost of such a purchase is very high and on the pocket not every fisherman. The way out of this situation becomes independent production of floating conditions, taking into account all personal needs. In this article we will look at how you can make a boat from such an affordable material like plywood.
Simple example of a homemade vessel will be flat. For more convenience, it can even be made folding. Collapsible boat easier to move to the water. Such a mini option is also beneficial because the cost of making is very small. Homemade plywood boats can also be motor and ordinary cheering. In this case, during the manufacture, the stern. Under the motor will need to install a tramer (a multilayer plywood is suitable for it).
There are already developed popular models of boats, such as the propeller section “Dori”, “Okun” and many others, the drawings of which can be easily found on the Internet. And also in a specialized store you can buy ready-made sets for assembling a boat from plywood, for example “Scyth.
The price of such a set will be significantly lower than the cost of the finished vessel.
Materials and tools
To perform work, we need the following materials:
- waterproof plywood 2.5 per 1.25 meters, its thickness should be 0.5 cm;
- 1.5 panels moisture-resistant plywood of the same size, but already with a thickness of 0.6 cm;
- Planed boards – it is better to give preference to mild and porous wood varieties;
- Wooden rails;
- epoxy resin;
- waterproof varnish or paint;
- Capron thread;
- Fiberglass in a roll to wake the swimming body;
- millimeter and more dense paper (you can use cardboard) to build thumbnails;
- Bars 0.5 by 3.4 m and 0.4×0.2×4 m.
And also prepare tools:
- screwdriver or drill with the required power;
- manual grinding machine or planer;
- clamp, and better somewhat – if there is no special tool, you can use clamps from old manual meat grinders;
- electric jigsaw;
- Brass nails of various lengths and screws on a tree;
- a hammer;
- Tassels or roller for applying varnish.
How to build?
Consider in detail all the technology of making plywood boat with their own hands.
Before starting work, you need to deal with all the features of the future design: form and appearance of the vessel. In the manufacture of homemakes, it is necessary to consider that the basis of the vessel will be kil, the rest of the plasterement are attached to it. The nose part is formed from the sortiece, it is necessarily fixed on both sides. Feed part attached ahterstere. Both of these designs are responsible for the longitudinal rigidity of the vessel. They can be performed from a solid wood array or of individual components that will be fixed with hardware.
Cross-boring elements help add a boat of the desired stiffness. On top of the belt and achterstevnya boards, connected by a cross edge of the case. In general, this whole design forms onboard. You can also install cockpit, deck and side stringers.
To ensure good buoyancy, the niches are filled with foam, it helps to prevent the boat tipping.
Before drawing up the drawing of the boat you also need to decide on its size. This largely depends on how many people must accommodate the ship in the future. To build a swimming agent of plywood of the specified thickness (0.5 cm), the following parameters will be optimal: Length – 4.5 m, the width of the largest part of the vessel – 1.05 m, the depth of the flooded – about 0.4 m. To create a project, it is better to use millimeter paper, it will make it possible to make more accurate contours of the vessel case elements.
Next, create a sketch:
- We carry out the axial line in length to divide the drawing into two parts, to observe the symmetry in this case is very important;
- Further, it is conventionally divided by a diametrical plane on 4 sites, in which cross-line edges of the case will be in the future;
- Apply the projection of the vertical vertical, as well as the shafts of the vessel from above;
- I pay off the splits;
- Be sure to check the parameters of all items on a specified scale;
- We make sketches of the splits on the scale of 1 to 1 on dense paper;
- With the help of the pattern and the long line, draw the image of the curved lines;
- Checking the symmetry of the drawing, for this it can be folded in half and compare the identity of both halves on the pattern.
First carry all the image on dense paper. Then, on these templates, the details on the plywood panels. You need to accurately adhere to the contours and selected sizes. It is important to notice here – you don’t need to do the allowances! After transfer again check the accuracy of all elements. Since the sheets of plywood can be smaller than the details of the boat before opening, the coupling of several sheets “on the Us”. It is necessarily processed by the places of compounds of the Rubank, then their grinding is carried out. Joints of the joints are pressed by cargo.
Electric jigsaw with small cloths gently make cut parts. The use of a special tool for this work provides the absence of chips along the edges of the lines of sections. After cutting everything they did to polish. Then make holes for which we will sew the vessel case.
They need to be drilled at an equal distance of 1 m, so that the type of product in the future does not lose the aesthetics.
- Making Tramen. This is the part of the hull of the boat to which the boat engine is attached. For the manufacture of this part, glue several sheets of plywood, so that the board with a thickness of about 25 mm. If necessary, this part can be strengthened with a wooden bar.
- Drill holes on the edge of the stern and along the trans.
- On the one side of the keel, we install ahtersteve with a transom.
- To the other side we attach the sortiece.
- Nails connect the kille part with stocks. It is important to check the complete absence of distortion. If necessary, we perform fitting with the help of a twine, stretched between the transom and the stew.
- We hold fastening.
- After installing the steer, we put the splint arms at right angles. We check the planting of the twine and we carry out the final paper clip.
- For the task of the deflection of the ship without skews, we use round bars. They need to be fixed on the extreme parts of the keel from the inside. Fastening also carry out bars.
- Next you need to sew seams of thread from Capron on the velocked holes. This material has high strength and resistant to rotting. The thread is impregnated with epoxy resin to give it additional strength.
- Install the tramen.
- From the pair of equal parts cut the elements of the board. At the edges of the side and protrusion of the bottom part, drills holes every 1.5 meters. Collect and fastened the bottom of the ship on an inverted up bottom frame of the boat.
- Then we are wearing the skeleton. Twisting elements. The side on the bottom is fixed so that their weld ends are outside. In the future, the Traven will be located between them. It is necessary to take into account that the fibers of the material of the trim must be placed not across, but along the vessel.
- Joints of all parts and seams need to be punctured by several layers of fiberglass and lubricate with epoxy. Each layer of tissue needs to be moved to the side.
- To increase the degree of hardness, you can strengthen the bottom of the straps. To do this, we make holes for the screws every 25 cm, we put in places and fix. Next you need to make a marker marker and remove them. We carry out the processing of the labels using the adhesive base and screw them. After drying the adhesive composition, remove the screws and clog the design of nails.
- Splice epoxy resin hole opening.
- Put the seats banks.
- Outside process the boat glue with fiberglass. If this is not done, the coating (varnish or paint) will not last long ago. Plywood, like any wood material, has the properties to shrink and expand under the influence of external factors. It will especially be noticeable on the bends of the vessel – the paint will start cracking. Fiberglass distribution over the surface of the trim, trying to avoid the appearance of folds and bubbles. Glue a cloth better, starting a boat from a keel and moving towards each of the sides.
This stage will be final in our work. Inside the surface you need to paint the heated oliff. Outside put paint on fiberglass. It is better to use epoxy compositions, such as EP-140. We also define color. If the vessel is multi-colored, we select the compositions of the necessary calves. You can apply on the surface of the drawing or inscription, write a number or name of the boat. To do this, it is permissible to use self-adhesive film, it will add the ornament of accuracy.
To apply paint, you can use the sprayer or roller, brush. Paint should be applied evenly: layer of the same thickness, strokes directed in one direction. Logs and passes should not be.
If everything is done correctly, the coating will last for many years without the formation of cracks and chips on the surface.
First of all, the boat must be checked directly at the place of manufacture. For this procedure, the ship upside down is placed on the bench or several stools. Then for 10 minutes, it is watered with water from the hose. The longer the time of such a test be, the more expensive the result. The vessel is then turned over and inspected for the presence of possible leaks of water. If such a test boat has passed successfully, then the next step will be checking it directly in the water branch. To begin with, this is done on shallow water, the depth must be small.
If after the shutter of the boat in the water boss, there is no at least for 40 minutes, you can complicate the task. At greater depth, we pay attention to the speed of the swimming agent and the maintenance of various loads. Motors with a small power (up to 5 horsepower) The growth of loads will be transferred much worse than more powerful. Here the length of the boat will play an important role: the longer it, the better. On average, such a vessel must withstand about 150 kg of load. Be sure to let the boat on the glisser, check its move and the position relative to the water surface.
It is worth paying attention to the fact that when building a vessel, fishermen are often followed by typical recommendations, without taking into account their weight. If it exceeds 90 kg, it is necessary to make an additional strengthening of the bottoms with the help of rail, otherwise when walking it will be pushed down, and water will stick it up.
There are some more tips that will help to prevent typical mistakes in the manufacture of a boat.
- Application of nails during construction makes the process easier and cheaper, but the use of screws retains a more accurate view of the vessel. At the same time, screws must be lubricated with any oil. Otherwise, in the future there will be difficulties with the twisting of the methization.
- When fixing the rails, it is necessary to use clamps for fixation, otherwise it is very difficult to keep them.
- To avoid the appearance of “bubbles” on the vessel, the installation of hardware should occur after a short distance or in a row.
- Rid a ship from curvature when installing RESEKs will help alternate clogging of nails on different sides.
- Many saves epoxy resin when applied to gluing surface. This can not be done! Resin just absorbed into the wood, and gluing will not happen. It is important to adhere to the consumption of epoxy resin in the amount of 200 grams per three-meter strip of fabric. When compressing parts, the residues of the resin should leak out – this is an indication that the amount of epoxy is sufficient.
- Flaws on the surface of the housing can be eliminated by waterproof putty.
- If the boat lifts the nose and does not go to the glisser – the neglecting is incorrectly carried out or the lack of length.
If the ship perfectly behaves with two passengers, and one begins to delphin, it is possible to solve this problem as follows: From the pieces of viniplast it is worth making a pair of hydrocryls and attach them to the anti-brevitational plate of the motor. The boat will become faster to gain speed, its move will be easier. Thus, make your own hands a boat for fishing is quite simple, but novice shipbuilders are still better to choose a simpler design.
It is also not worth saving on materials too – from their quality directly depends on the durability of the homemade boat.
How to make a boat from plywood with your own hands, look in the following video.