Currently, the finishing materials market is so diverse and rich that it is possible to choose ideal products for absolutely any goals and styles of the interior. However, there is an eternal classic that is popular for quite a long time and continues to enjoy enviable demand from consumers. These traditional materials include plasterboard and wallpapers.
To date, the lion’s share of buyers is looking for not only high-quality and easy-to-use, but also inexpensive finishing materials. Often, things that cost quite inexpensive, in the root change the style and image of the interior, after which it becomes more attractive and completed.
Such accessible and widespread options can with confidence include drywall. The main feature of this light and noncain material is that it is easy to give in practically any processing. It can be painted, damage with wallpaper and even cover textile overlays.
This suggests that having such details in the room, the owners of the liberty to embody almost any design ideas, whether classic or avant-garde solutions.
Plasterboard overlaps are used for different purposes. It can be a product with a shallow niche, a detail of zoning in a studio apartment or a low semi-wall, the top of which can be used as a small shelf. However, to establish such a design in the interior. It is also necessary to separate it efficiently and competently.
Currently, many manufacturers produce high-quality and beautiful wallpapers that can be selected for any style and base material. And for drywall elements will be able to buy a decent canvas. Moreover, it can be both cheap paper and more expensive, washable or textile coatings.
Many consumers are wondering how to properly make wallpaper sticker on plasterboard base. As in most cases, you first need to prepare the surface qualitatively and only then begin the choice and sticking of the materials you like.
Preparation of the surface before sticking
Before starting drywall, it is necessary to prepare it correctly. These works will allow WOOLAM to more reliably and tightly keep on the working coating of the base and will prolong their service life.
First it is necessary to produce the priming of drywall. This stage is required for better adhesion of putty with the base. Moreover, high-quality soil will protect the surface from the formation of mold and fungus dangerous to human health.
Most modern consumers use a special acrylic primer. However, this is not the only preparatory material that provides high-quality installation of wallpaper on plasterboard. Today in building materials stores you can find different types of primer, both dry and ready.
Especially neat and attentive need to be, stirring powder formulations. In these issues, it is necessary to strictly observe the recipe and instructions for breeding the primer mixture, otherwise it can be ruined. As a rule, the primer is applied to a drywall base with a non-rigid brush. The soil is carefully distributed over the surface of the base, without performing strong pressure, so as not to damage the lightweight material.
After the primer is applied to the entire surface of the plasterboard, it is necessary to wait when it completely dry.
Another important process in the preparation of the foundation is the sickling of a sickle, which is a special fibrous ribbon, which from the side is similar to the medical gauze. On the surface of this part there is a special adhesive substance so that it can be firmly attached to the joints that appear between drywall sheets. Also these details are needed in order to avoid the appearance of “airbags”, which can lead during operation to the appearance of mold or fungus in the design seams.
Many buyers are faced with the fact that the serpent acquired by them is not very secure. In such cases, experts recommend using the good old PVA glue in moderate quantities.
In addition, in the process of preparing joints you need to sharpen. You can go to this process after staging. At the end of these works, putty must be aligned. If all the steps were made correctly, then no seams, no joints on the surface of the base will be visible, and they will not “look” from under the wallpaper layer.
In the process of preparation, you can abandon the putty in favor of plaster. Experts argue that wallpaper will be applied much easier to the plastered base and more reliable. However, by contacting such an option to process the foundation, it is necessary to ensure that the joints of the wallpapers on their surface are repeated with the seams of plasterboard plates, otherwise it will look rude and casually.
However, there are often cases when plaster plaster still have to apply to the ground. As a rule, such works are needed if you are going to glue thin wallpaper (type of paper), which will easily allocate any fixed defect. If we are talking about a sticker of dense and heavy cloths, then here you can only do the plaster and do not apply a primer layer.
What can be processed?
Undesirable sticking of wallpapers on the surface of plasterboard, which has not passed all necessary treatments. And it concerns not only soil, putty, or plaster, but also of different protective mixtures. If the base was prepared and processed correctly and on conscience, then it will stay with the wallpaper as long as possible and will not lose external attractiveness even after many years.
Experts recommend handling plasterboard with special bactericidal compositions. Also, it will not be superfluous to add an additional layer of putty during preparatory work. To do this, cover all the base with special antiseptics and sharpen the surface.
However, it is worth noting that there is no serious need for these actions, especially if the conditions of your dwelling are far from extreme (no dampness, extra moisture and temperature differences).
In addition, it is possible to process drywall anti-grab coatings. Using such compositions, such an lightweight and malleable material will not be a refuge for fungal formations or mold. Also, the plasterboard base can be painted with waterproof paint, mixed with primer. With this combination, you can make the basis a little lighter and fresh.
Protective or clarifying agents are recommended to be applied to drywall using a soft roller, a large construction brushes or a spray gun. Such tools will not spoil the base and will not leave dents / scratches on it.
Working with such means, it is worthwhile to wear a respirator, in order to protect the respiratory organs from foreign powder compositions and mixtures in them.
Do you need to shit?
Pluckle is one of the important stages in the preparation of drywall to pasting with wallpaper. However, it is possible to refuse. For example, it is possible to fit the base with high quality and immediately apply on it (after complete drying) Wallpapers without soil
However, in order for the canvas to be qualitatively and reliably attached to such grounds, it is necessary to draw them to applying earlier than 24 hours after all defects and irregularities of drywall are removed, and the construction mixture (also plaster) will completely dry.
Even if you do not use putty, close the seams, fasteners and joints will still need. It can also be done with plaster and special adhesive tapes.
On the surface of the plasterboard can be glued not only simple paper, but also phliselin, vinyl and many other popular web. In addition, on one basis, you can combine different types of wallpapers to give the interior of a special taste and style.
Correct coatings will help to get the following attractive effects:
- Beautiful and harmonious niche selection;
- focusing on a certain area of the room or interior item;
- disguise defects and irregularities of overlaps;
- Visual expansion or reduction of space;
- Stressing the stylistic direction of the ensemble.
As for the immediate technology of sticking wallpaper on the base of plasterboard, there is a lot of common with the preparatory work.
- On the plasterboard wall, the vertical proper line is displayed using a level;
- Then they measure the necessary height and cut off the strip of the desired length. It is recommended to leave the stock of about 5 cm;
- If you make a sticking of vinyl cloths, the glue should be based on the basis and the wallpaper strip itself using a roller;
- Yeoi you want to glue fliesline coatings, then the adhesive composition is permissible only on the plasterboard base;
- As a rule, sticking the canvas start from above (from the ceiling line). At the same time, wallpaper sheets are carefully smoothed with a plastic spatula from the center to the side parts. Thus, you need to gradually go down to the floor;
- The next wallpaper band must be aligned on the first, gently customizing the joints;
- All work must be made until you wake all planned surfaces in the room;
- At the end of all stages, it is necessary to cut the remaining surplus of wallpaper around the edges.
It is worth noting that drywall is often used for decoration in a wooden house. With the help of such supplements, it is possible to carry out wallpaper much easier and faster, since not all wooden floors are compatible and smooth.
If you want to really digitally separate the plasterboard base and bring harmonious components to the interior, then you Some uncomplicated recommendations should be adhered to some simple recommendations that will make a organic and neat ensemble:
- Before applying any wallpaper, it is necessary to clean the surface of the drywall as much as possible and gently. It should not be traces of dust and dirt, as they will issue themselves and view under the wallpaper. This is especially true of cases when a sticker of thin paper canvases occurs;
- Specialists recommend adding special paints to the primer mixture (for example, water-emulsion). They must repeat the color of the plasterboard;
- The wallpaper glue must be dissociated only in a predetermined clean capacity, which used to be used to breed any other building mixtures;
- stick wallpaper is recommended, ranging from doorways or slopes of windows;
- As for the direct application of glue on the canvas, then this process stands on a flat horizontal surface. In such conditions, the coating will not be frozen and go. This is especially important if we are talking about not the most dense and wear-resistant variants;
- smoothing the canvases is a mandatory procedure that cannot be neglected. If you do not fade all air bubbles formed under the wallpaper, then the finish will not only look inactively, but can move away from drywall in a short period of time;
- If there are excess glue on the junctions between the canvas, then they should get rid of them as soon as possible. For this, the usual wet rag is quite suitable;
- If an interesting pattern is present on the wallpaper, then it should be monitored especially carefully for the correct docile. Otherwise, the finish will look ridiculous and ugly;
- As for trimming unnecessary edge parts, it is recommended to produce it using a sharp knife and a ruler;
- Do not forget that for different premises it is worth selecting different wallpapers. For example, in a room with high humidity it is necessary to glue washable and dense coatings. As for the most plasterboard base, it should also be treated with special antiseptic and moisture-resistant compositions;
- In the process of sticking the wallpaper, it is necessary to ensure that there is no wind or drafts in the room. The canvas, applied in such conditions, will last long and can quickly disclose from the base.
Successful examples and options
Plasterboard overlaps, competently and neatly decorated with wallpaper, are capable of changing the style and interior image. For example, the original high and wave-like niches in such walls will look very interesting and stylish. Between them you can position the rectangular niche for the TV and Player. Similar structures look especially fresh and stylish if they are saked by light wallpaper pastel tones.
Competently performed plasterboard arches with round lines and open windows between the rooms are ideal for spacious dwellings. If they are on the background of brown laminate and snow-white ceiling, they should be drawn by wallpaper of white, peach or beige shade. It is difficult to separate such structures, but as a result, truly unique details are obtained.
Large plasterboard structures with niches and small shelves can be separated by nude shades. To give such a design more interesting and expensive appearance, the inner niches should be separated by wallpaper under the brick or stone. As a rule, such design solutions are used in spacious dwellings.
In a luxury living room with a fireplace, it will be amazing to look drywall with shelves decorated with point illumination. A similar surface should be separated by wallpaper of warm tones (peach, chocolate, gentle brown or caramel). On the shelves in the plasterboard wall, different decor items will find their place, and there should be a free space between them, which will be able to hang the TV. Similar designs are recommended to complement the curtains on the windows of similar tones (for the harmony of the interior).
If you like interesting and memorable design solutions, then you should separate drywall overlaps with wallpaper under brick, stone or natural tree. Such finishing materials look expensive, although they often have a fairly affordable price.
How to glue wallpaper on plasterboard, you can see in the following video.