Now for new items of building materials is difficult to keep track. Wallpaper species A huge amount. But if we want to budget, quickly and fashionably separate our home, you still appeal to paper wallpaper. Proper sticking is the basis of the durability and beauty of this coating.
Paper wallpapers are distributed in interior design for a very long time, but do not lose their popularity. Thanks to progressive developments, now this modern high-quality coating is sometimes not inferior to other types of finishing materials.
The main difference is that they have a low price. The basis of natural material (cellulose) gives Wallpaper the ability to skip air. So they are often recommended for children’s finishing.
But the paper is absolutely not able to contact with water, so in rooms with high humidity it is better not to use them.
Paper finish has several varieties.
By the number of layers, there are wallpapers:
- Simplex (one layer). They are least durable and therefore the cheapest. And also have a smooth invoice;
- Duplex (multi-layered). They are stronger than one-layer, well glue, but require more composition. With the help of them, you can solve the problem with defects on the walls.
By resistance to moisture:
- Unstable – in no case can they be used in rooms with high humidity. And if you stain them, then nothing can be done;
- Washable (have upper protective layer). They can be used in the kitchen, but in the bathroom is still better not to apply. Care and cleaning – Wet cloth treatment.
By texture, paper wallpapers are divided into:
- Smooth. Most often these are ordinary simplex wallpapers;
- Embossed. The coating consists of two layers, has a relief and the volume attached by embossing the pattern;
- Penoboe Also multi-layered. Acrylic is applied between two layers of paper and heated, as a result of which it becomes foamy and increases the strength of the wallpaper. Acrylic products with spraying fascinate with beauty and variety of embossed patterns;
- Wallpaper with chips. Chips between paper layers as a result of pressing gives a relief surface, such walls do not lose their naturalness;
- Under painting. These are texture wallpapers for which paint is assumed;
- Wallpaper with a paper layer. In this case, paper is combined with other materials – phlizelin, tissues, cork and veneer. The properties of the coating can be very different depending on the second material.
Vangest or jack?
Paper wallpapers can be glued with two methods: overlapping the canvas with a gap or joking them. Budget thin wallpaper can be glued with an approach to each other. They are most often present to the edge edge. Method of pasting flashes will also help adjust minor bulges and walls. TECHNOLOGY OF CHAIRS OF VANNEST is used in new buildings and wooden houses, because there is a risk of shrinkage, skewing and appearance of defects on surfaces. If the wall base has significant flaws, and heavy and relief are chosen wallpaper, it is worth abandoning such equipment.
The technique of sticking wallpaper is somewhat more complicated by the previous. After all, the joints should turn out without cracks, perfectly smooth and neat. In the case of the maximum clear docking, you will get a beautiful and homogeneous surface. If the wall has a significant curvature, it must be pre-aligned to avoid unsightly gaps on the wallpaper.
Materials and tools
Before salary, wallpaper must be stockpit all the necessary tools:
- Construction pencil;
- paper knife;
- level or plumb;
- roller and tank for glue;
- bucket and a device for stamping composition;
- a small painting brush for applying glue to hard-to-reach areas;
- Brush or tissue napkin for smoothing wallpaper;
It is worth mentioning about modern development – a substrate for wallpaper. This rolled material consisting of three layers: in the middle there is foamed polyethylene, and two outer layers are made from fliesline, paper or traffic jams. And the type of inland paper should be chosen based on the required properties. If you want to decorate the room in which there will be excessive humidity, it is better not to use a paper substrate. And the cork coating is the most eco-friendly.
There are many advantages to use such a layer: it levels the base, can hide small disadvantages of the walls, increases sound insulation and better keeps heat. Glue wallpaper easier and they become more durable. But it is possible to use it only for dense thick wallpaper, since thin can shine it.
The surface of the walls before work must be prepared. This is done by priming. A special composition is applied, with which glue will be better to perform its task, and there will be less different defects.
Than to primer?
Many different compositions for printing walls are presented in stores. But not all of them are suitable for paper wallpaper.
- The simplest option is to choose the glue that can be used as a primer. The label is usually described, in what proportions to breed it for this purpose.
- If the glue is not suitable, you can use widely demanded acrylic primer. It is suitable for any surfaces. Acrylic solution has no smell, but it will dry for a long time.
Glue is in the process of decorating with wallpaper one of the main materials. It is necessary to choose it in accordance with the recommendations of the Wallpaper Manufacturer. Sold in the form of powder and is stirred with water to the finished consistency of medium luggage. Ready compounds are better not to store.
Half a century ago our predecessors boiled glue themselves – the stack based on starch perfectly performed his role, although it was necessary to use it at a time. But now shops are full of different types and brands of glue for wallpaper. It is best to choose the composition specifically for paper coverage. Domestic CMC is widely known on the Russian market. But those who prefer imported products, you can choose German “Methilan” or French Kleo.
In the case when you need to combine paper covers with other species, so as not to select and not stir several types of glue, you can purchase a universal.
But its composition is full of chemical additives. Therefore, it is better not to use. Flizelin glue is also suitable for paper. But the thin coating can be deformed from a heavy solution.
The required number of composition can be determined based on the recommendations on the package. It is usually indicated how much square meters a box or a package with a mixture is calculated.
How to apply?
The glue is applied to the laid wallpaper with a special roller or a painting wide brush towards the center to the edges. Need to monitor so that a large amount of glue does not accumulate along the edge, so that then it did not have to rub it out from the neighboring canvases. It is necessary to work out the composition carefully all the sheet without leaving empty places. It will save defects later. Smear single-layer trenches need a thin layer, as they are very fragile. And the multi-layer material is better to miss abundant.
We select the surface
Walls can be in a different state, and you can not always break into pasting. Sticker on old wallpaper – not the best idea. Previous layers need to be carefully removed, because you can not be sure whether they were glued, do not exist with new together with them. The drawing of the former coating can stick through the new, or the former seams will be visible.
Previously, it was considered an excellent solution to pre-crack the wall with newspapers, and then place the wallpaper. This option is unacceptable for the above reasons.
Trying to save time on repairs in new buildings, some try to glue wallpaper for plaster. But this option will also not give better results. The plastered walls will absorb a huge amount of glue due to its loose structure, and a new coating can simply fall off. On the old stucco, it is also necessary to remove all the irregularities, the remnants of the materials from its surface, pollute to an even state and go through the pure swearthy and the primer, and only then finish the wall with a new material.
What to do if the wall is painted. In this case, it all depends on the applied composition. If the paint was a water-emulsion, then it can be punished with a wallpaper, pre-trunking. The rest of the formulations will need to be removed. But this process is very laborious. Therefore, to apply a wobble coating on the paint, you can grind the surface to impart roughness and walk the primer so that the glue is better concluded with the wall.
In the room can be erected partitions from DVP or Gypsum Carton. These materials also resort to alignment of walls in private and old houses with large defects and curvature. Conventional wallpapers for plasterboard can be glued, if it is pre-handled with putty and primer. Otherwise, there may be inscriptions, the color of the sheets, the grip will not be perfect, and the wallpaper will go away. In the case of the Fiberboard, processing is also necessary. Plus to all, the partitions are assembled using selflessness. Therefore, large joints are formed. So that neither them nor the heads of the screws can be seen through the wallpaper, at the initial stage you need to apply a rough putty.
Concrete base requires full surface pretreatment, otherwise its dark color and multiple defects will be visible through paper.
To properly glue thin paper wallpaper on the walls, you need to clearly comply with the rules and technology of this process:
- Clean the room from all items and make sure whether the walls of the wall are properly prepared;
- Prepare all the necessary tools and materials. It will take a stepladder or chair;
- on the walls need to be marked. Glue start, as a rule, from the window. Using a level or plumb, determine the vertical and mark it with a pencil, without applying a clear and bright line;
- It is necessary to open the wallpaper. If they have a drawing, then it will be necessary to fit the canvas so that it is good enough. Measure the web of the desired length, considering the allowance of about 10 centimeters to fit in height. Using a ruler, knife and pencil Cut the desired piece. If you are confident that the distance from the floor to the ceiling without strong drops, you can cut all the full stripes at once. The remains will go to the windows in the windows and above the door;
- It is necessary to breed the glue, as written on the packaging, thoroughly stirring it. Roller apply glue to wallpaper and distribute it around the perimeter of the sheet;
- bands advise to fold in half or layers to convenient to transfer them to place. But it needs to be done very carefully, so as not to be staining the front side and do not leave the chalk;
- Considering the clearance under the plinth, put the wallpaper from above, focusing on the vertical;
- Now it is necessary to smooth the cloth with a rubber roller or pure fabric so that there are no swollen places left;
- All over the top and bottom to remove the stationery knife. Traces of glue on the pure surface are immediately removed with a wet sponge;
- new strip glue online or mustache, carefully so that there is no seam.
One layer of glue is applied to single-layer wallpaper, and immediately dock them to the wall. Smoothed them with a napkin, not strongly pressing. Glowing heavy wallpapers, for example, with an embossed duplex on a paper basis, is somewhat different: the glue is applied to the sheet and on the wall. Wallpapers can be pre-folded for impregnation by 3-5 minutes. Smoothed the cloth with a brush. The gluing of simple wallpapers without seams one person needs to be implemented in stages, producing measurements, cutting, glue-molding each individual strip and docking after the previous. After performing all these actions for several crafts, you can come to a variety of irreparable errors.
To stick the wallpaper without bubbles with your own hands, you need to make sure that the wall is well primed and does not have holes and cracks. It is necessary to smear the glue evenly and completely cover them the whole wallpaper sheet. And during gluing, carefully smooth out irregularities in all directions, avoiding air bubbles.
The process of catching the corners has its subtleties. Paper Wallpaper glued in this case. One canvas get on the next wall for a couple of centimeters. The second canvas sticks with the first of the corner itself. But if the angle is uneven, the result will be inaccurate.
With the second version, the first strip is also glued with the wall at the wall, but a little more. Second strip orient vertical on the far edge from the corner. And glit to the first brass for 2 cm. Then, with the help of the level, we celebrate the vertical and the paper knife cutting the seam. Remove wallpaper remnants and linging places. In external corners, the technology is similar to the second method.
Bubbles on wallpapers may occur due to draft indoors, if you missed the cloth before sticking, the wall is poorly processed and the air remained in irregularities if the glue is too heavy for paper coating, or you are poorly smoothed the canvas. No need to allow wallpaper to be soaked too long to be impregnated or bending thin wallpaper and lubricate glue with a thick layer so that they do not shuffle.
Secrets and advice
When cutting off the entire material. Make it easy, but it is impossible to fix it. Wallpapers, especially single-layer, it is better to smear glue on one strip and immediately glue, and not all the bands will soak at the same time, as recommended decoration rules. Superior canvas top and bottom to cut off after gluing the web will be easier to adjust. Stay wallpaper stands right after sticking, and not after you smooth the surface. If the glue fell on the outer side of the wallpaper, you should not lose their rag very much. You can damage the paint or texture, especially in cheap wallpaper.
How fast dries?
Paper Wallpaper will dry far faster than other types due to their porous structure and breathability. After sticking, the average must pass from 8 to 24 hours until complete drying. But if the room is cold and increased humidity, time can increase by 2 times.
Freshness, positivity and romance will give paper wallpapers with large flowers in the style of Provence.
Beautiful and unusual vintage design can emphasize even inexpensive paper coatings.
Beautiful and unusual vintage design can emphasize even inexpensive paper coatings.
Ecology and naturalness of the situation will strengthen the photo wallpaper with natural motifs.
Palace interior in Baroque style will complement organic blonde paper patterns.
About how to glue yourself paper wallpaper, look in the following video.