Liquid wallpapers are worthy competition with rolled wall coatings. If it seems to someone that they are boring and monophonic, this opinion is erroneous: this material is able to create a wide variety of prints.
To understand how to draw pictures on the walls of liquid wallpaper, you need to know the features of this cladding, its strengths and weaknesses, as well as possible techniques for the execution of decorative techniques.
What it is?
Liquid wallpaper – alternative to rolled cloths, which are sold in the form of powder or finished mixture for applying walls and ceiling. Material packaged in packages of 4 kg.
Raw materials are divided into two categories:
- painted material;
- White mixture.
The first varieties are produced mainly in several pounds of the pastel group. Limited shades are easily solved: Pigments and special dyes have been developed for the material, by which you can strengthen the desired tone or change it by adding the desired contrast pigment.
White Wallpaper Universal: They allow you to achieve an ideal tone without dimming his purity.
Painting – Almost always a mandatory stage of cladding: so you can beat flaws of illumination, pick up the necessary tones to the available interior items. In addition, the use of dyes allows you to significantly increase the color palette of the future image, make it volumetric, multifaceted.
Since the material is not so simple, do not do without accounting for its characteristics. It is not a decorative plaster, this is a special type of coating, which contains no sand. Externally – this is a sour cream-like mass or peculiar dry solids impregnated with adhesive substance.
The main components of the facing are:
- silk fibers;
- Adhesive substance.
Dear kind of liquid wallpaper have thanks to silk fibers. Therefore, the structure seems textile.
The uniqueness of the material is that the mass is often complemented by original additives, among which are particularly popular:
- marble chips:
- colored flock;
- Slyudy shine;
Existing varieties of liquid wallpapers that have a relief surface, the structure of foam and semblance of textiles, are divided into three groups:
- Cellulose – budget raw materials with a predominance of paper, differing in the minimum service life and practicality;
- Silk – Premium type of liquid wallpaper with a predominance of silk fibers, having a maximum life, resistance to the effects of the Sun;
- Silk-cellulose – blended material that allows you to balance the quality characteristics of silk and the cost of paper varieties.
Decorating walls with drawings by means of liquid wallpaper – an original reception having a lot of advantages.
This process allows you to:
- Practice to space: Figures are not repeated, even if the design is carried out using the same templates;
- Change the aesthetic perception of the room, filling it with fresh paints, taking into account the taste preferences of households;
- By applying a dense layer of material to provide an additional sound insulation level, eliminating outsiders annified sounds from neighboring apartments;
- dress the walls with any pattern, without limiting the theme of the design;
- disguise and align the irregularities of the walls, evenly distributing the material along vertical planes;
- To beat the design features of a particular room, leaning problem areas with a bulk pattern, or deliberately emphasizing the protrusions and niches;
- decorate the walls with an eco-friendly type of material that does not contain harmful impurities and toxins, warming the surface of the walls, which is particularly significantly in the cold season;
- Gently put on the vertical plane, the material that does not roll in the process of decorating, does not displays the contrast lines and does not appear when applied, filling tightly each section of the drawing.
The useful feature of the material is the ability to adjust the pattern, if it is applied incorrectly.
The material dries completely from 12 hours to three days. If necessary, it can be twisted, remove from the wall and, adding water, reinstall.
The decoration of liquid wallpaper has disadvantages, among which are the main ones:
- Patience and accuracy: this process does not tolerate a rush and laziness, the material cannot be applied quickly;
- The unevenness of the contrast layers: it is not always possible to achieve one level between different shades of the pattern;
- Cost: if you buy high-quality facing, the design will be expensive;
- The need for surface varnishing, otherwise the wallpaper will be subject to mechanical damage.
What you need?
To perform drawings with liquid wallpaper on the walls of the apartment, country house or cottage, it is worth stock:
- Capacity for wallpaper;
- packaged raw material or finished mixture;
- plastic cells;
- rubber spatula;
- water to dilute raw materials;
Among the interesting templates can be allocated:
- monophonic – simple stencils for paint of one color;
- Separate parts – varieties for phased decoration of the wall with different shades, overlapping one layer to others;
- Volumetric – templates in need of applying putty, highlighting the surface level by 2-4 mm up;
- Anti-brazes – staining of material outside (background), forming a backlight effect.
Relevant stencil prints include:
- Single tree:
- fluttering butterflies;
- Egyptian ornaments;
- grape borders;
- simple geometric shapes;
- scattering flowers;
- Large stylized flowers and leaves.
If you plan to draw a pattern-panel or a peculiar bulk picture on the wall (for example, Pharaoh in the monochrome technique), it is worth taking care of the acquisition of molding, ceiling plinth or baguette, adding focus on the frame.
How to make a beautiful design?
Drawing drawing is carried out in three ways:
- on the finished cladding;
- by stencils;
- Filling out emptiness with wallpaper of contrasting shades.
So that the material well kept on the surface of the walls, the plane is treated with primer deep penetration, ensuring the maximum clutch of the wallpaper. After it dries, you can apply material to the prepared sketch.
The first way implies the use of special paints after wallpaper on the wall is already dried. In this case, it all depends on the artistic abilities of the master. This method is faster than previous, however, covered with dye the necessary plots are a bit more complicated.
The second method is the drawing of the drawing using stencils on the finished cladding. To do this, first fill the whole wall with liquid wallpaper using a construction roller or a special gun. It is important to ensure that there are no non-rectified areas on the surface showing the base of the walls. When the layer of facing dries, they put stencils, applying them in the right place and filling with a thick mass. This allows you to perform a volumetric pattern released on a general background.
The main method consists in filling out each contrast area with wallpaper of the desired color. The method is quite time-consuming, since it does not tolerate a rush, although it can be used for everyone and does not require special skills. Wallpapers are applied by plots by filling each fragment of the pattern, without overlapping its borders. For this, the material is applied by 2 mm on the line and immediately poured a small spatula.
It is usually impossible to make such a facing in one day. In order for the coating to be uniform, you need to stockpenter, swinging the joints and aligning them with a spatula.
Ideas and sketches
If the store does not have the right stencil, the drawing skills are far from the ideal, you can choose an image on the Internet, zoom to the desired size and print: so we create the desired size in a given topic.
You can perform a sketch on the glass by drawing it with a black marker, then put in a straight light by forming the shadow of the desired size on the wall. This method cannot be called convenient, since when repeating contours will interfere with your own shadow.
Since the material gives an unusual surface type, it is worth using the lightest and air elements of the drawings, performing the design in the form:
- curls and wavy lines with carved leaves;
- games of contrasts of two shades;
- simple plant motifs;
- Summer sketches.
Interesting design ideas are compositions from children’s cartoons and marine topics. However, it is necessary to suit the topic of the picture: some pictures are able to have a negative perception (for example, birds of Engri Birds or a spongebob character).
The image should not be disorienting, the stylization is appropriate to moderate.
In order for the drawing to harmoniously looked in the design of space, you need to comply with moderation. The accent zone should be small: maximum, it can occupy one wall, sometimes it is enough to highlight the emphasis of the vertical plane.
If the room is small, it is worth choosing a reception in a panel style or a small picture.
Do not try to distinguish between the space using your drawing on each wall: the abundance of accents deprives them of originality, turning the room to the exhibition and depriving her individuality.
Using stencils, make sure that their size corresponds to the area of the room: small strokes are lost on a common background of a spacious room. In this case, it is worth choosing a large drawing, drawing it in advance on a prepared wall with a pencil.
The sketch will allow you to see the future print and appreciate its relevance in this room location: Such walls are decoration of the room, they can not be covered with furniture or hiding under mounted shelves.
Break dyes while the material is dry: so color will be uniform. Buy material with a slight stock: to create a picture of it will take 10-15% more than with a simple facing. You can not use tape for fixing templates: it can be removed with the layer of facing.
Do not apply a picture of a stencil before two days after applying the main background. You can not immediately process adjacent sections of the picture: it will not give expressiveness of lines.
If you want to add sequins, do at the very end of the dream of wallpaper. To pick up the color, use samples by taking a little wallpaper and painting them into the right tone.
Examples in the interior
To understand how unusual drawings look like liquid wallpaper on the walls, it is worth contacting the options performed by experienced masters:
- You can decorate the wall of the nursery by the contrast of black and white wallpaper, placing them in the form of a chessboard;
- The living room can be arranged with a stylish accent of contrast squares, embedded the corners up the center of the wall;
- Possessing drawing skills, you can decorate the wall of a realistic sea turtle, emphasizing the picture by the elements of the sea depths;
- If there is little open space in the room on the wall, it is worth beating this disadvantage through a picture, performing a background and drawing in the contrast of the main cladding and framing the edge of the panel with a white plinth;
- You can decorate the accent wall of the kitchen with a bright single flower by performing it using different shades of liquid wallpaper.
In this video, you will find instructions for applying a drawing with liquid wallpaper.