If you decide to separate the floor of a beautiful tile, then you will need a comb. Simply put, it will take a spatula for work, but not simple, but toothed. High-quality tile is a durable material that will delight you with your ideal species not one year, so the laying itself is very important, so that the finish is not deformed and did not dug.
Repair in such facilities as a bathroom, a kitchen or a balcony, is rare, so it is important to approach the selection of material for finishing. Change the tile annually (as we change the wallpaper) will not work, so everything needs to be done high quality and reliably.
Many believe that a toothed spatula or comb is not the most important and elements in facing works that glue and a conventional tool can be applied, because there is no fundamental difference. But here you can argue, since the quality of the work performed will be very different. Specialists recommend not to skit and choose the right tool.
The combs are distinguished by forms and materials from which are made.
- As a rule, a high-quality tool is made of stainless steel, so it is not deformed during work, does not deteriorate over time, and also allows you to qualitatively apply the composition on the tile itself.
- Very often you can meet a plastic tool. Of course, it costs at times cheaper, but it fails very quickly. After a small amount of work, you will notice that the teeth on it are simply lacking, as they are very quickly erased. In addition, such a tool can easily break in the middle of the workflow.
In addition, such devices differ not only by the material, but also the shape and presence of the handle. There are copies, the handle from which is fixed directly on the working surface, which is very convenient. Professionals note that with such a tool work easier and better.
What to pay attention to when choosing?
Grooms for laying tiles are different. So what should be paid attention to when buying, so that the tool does not fail during operation?
In order to have a high-quality tile, it is necessary to take into account the size of the tool and the shape of its teeth:
- The product with a square shape teeth is usually used to apply a mixture with a thickness of 5 to 10 mm.
- Semicircular teeth are perfectly suitable for working with mixtures that have a synthetic composition. In addition, they can be used for better glue distribution. The tool with semicircular teeth is best to apply the composition with a thickness of more than 12 mm.
- In stores there are copies with triangular teeth. This type of comb is perfect for working with very liquid mixtures. It can also be used if you need to apply a layer of not more than 5 mm. Due to its triangular form, this type of tool perfectly distributes a liquid mixture over the surface.
- There are also universal spatulas that are suitable for both laying standard tiles and mosaic, Patto, before paying attention to the shape of the teeth and select the desired tool, you need to know exactly the size and thickness of the tile, which is going to use for finishing works.
- Consider another important fact: the width of the tool itself must correspond to the width of the tile or be a little more, otherwise there will be difficulties with the installation.
- It is important to pay attention to the size of the teeth. If this parameter is less than a millimeter (0.6-1.2 mm), then this option is perfect for applying a very thin layer of the mixture.
- Size 0.3 mm Ideal for working with mosaic.
- For mounting various kinds of ceramics, you need a size of 0.4 mm.
- 6 mm sizes will be perfectly helped when mounting more overall tiles, wall laying.
- For mounting a large floor tile (thickness of which more than 12 mm), you need a comb with a bowl of at least 10 mm.
Often, several different tools are required for repair, since the owners plan to mount the tile and on the wall, and on the floor. In this case, the material is of different format and thickness.
If you choose a tool exclusively to apply glue, then be sure to read the instructions on the package. As a rule, manufacturers give clear recommendations for the selection of construction equipment. The size of the comb and its features will necessarily be indicated on the package, which will facilitate the process of choice.
Before you choose your choice on a different tool, be sure to hold it in your hands to make sure that it is convenient and that the handle is comfortable and keeps reliably. Professionals prefer lacquered holders – they are practical, do not slide, do not leave the regionalolation.
Another important point that is worth considering is the price. In fact, high cost is not a guarantee of high quality, so pay attention not to the cost, but on the quality of the goods.
How to use it?
If you have already chosen a tile, glue and even the necessary tool, then it’s time to learn about the intricacies of applying the mixture.
Before getting to the stacking itself, you need to prepare everything. The surface must be ready for operation. The wall covering or floor should be completely cleaned from small and large garbage, dust particles and other defects, otherwise it puts the perfect laying.
In addition, if the foundation needs alignment, then it is necessary to take care in advance, since it is necessary to put the tile only on a flat surface.
Next you need to prepare the glue. If it is a dry mix, then bring it, considering all the recommendations that are indicated by manufacturers on the package. Be sure to follow the fact that there are no lumps, otherwise such a composition will spoil the quality of laying, and the tile will not last for so long as it would like to.
On the reverse side of the tile, apply a small amount of the mixture, then neatly (using the tool) evenly distribute the glue over the entire surface of the base.
After that, spend a comb on the basis. You need to do it with a small pressure, so that the bands, zigzags will be formed on the surface. It is necessary in order to have a better clutch of materials, so that the tile will be more firmly held on the wall or semi. Excess glue, which usually remain on the instrument, can be put back to the container with a total mass.
After these actions, with the help of a special working tool, you should neatly apply a mixture on the wall or floor surface, evenly distribute, and then gently press the tile. While the finish has not strengthened to the end, you can correct the mechanism of laying. As soon as you pressed the tile to the bottom, you need to catch a special rubber hammer on it, which will help evenly distribute glue and strengthen the product.
About how, choose a combination of tiles, look in the following video.