In the process of building a house, repair of gas equipment or even for furniture production you may need square aluminum profiles. However, to obtain the ability to work with these materials, it is necessary to know the differences between them to select them under each specific situation. It is about this that will be told in this article.
The main parameters that are applicable to all subspecies of square aluminum profiles are the size of the pipe, the thickness of its walls, the external perimeter and weight. GOST standards include dimensions from 10×10 mm to 60×60 mm in 5 mm increments. The wall thickness may vary from 1 mm to 3 mm, while there are many variations that differ from each other to 0.1 mm.
Weight everything is much simpler: It is calculated individually, directly depends on the size of the pipe and the wall thickness, as well as from the external perimeter. For example, a square profile with a size of 20×20 mm, a wall thickness of 1 mm, and an outer perimeter, equal to 79.1 mm, the weight of one route material of the material will be equal to 0.2 kg.
There are other options for pipes, in the construction market you can find dimensions less than 10×10 mm and more than 60×60 mm (the most common of large-term options – 100x100x5), but most likely they can only be ordered. Such aluminum profiles are in low demand due to the rare specifics of the application, so they can be found far from every store.
Because of its form factor, this type of pipes is able to withstand significant loads comparable to loads on the wholesaler of similar dimensions. This makes it possible to use thick-walled profiles to create very strong support structures that have incredibly low weight.
From other characteristics, an increased stability of aluminum pipes to corrosion can be noted, excellent plasticity and affordable cost.
Square aluminum profiles are distributed under GOS 18475-82, which also acts on rectangular and round variations. Based on the information specified in this GUT, the pipes can be classified by the type of manufacturing as follows.
- Nagardovy. They, in turn, are divided into ordinary garts, on the muggy, past quenching with natural aging, as well as the past quenching with artificial aging.
- Ordered. There are varieties that have been tempered with artificial and natural aging. It is worth noting that there is a big difference between this type and muggy options.
The difference between the listed types is different types of aluminum used during production:
- For the manufacture of 1 and 2 types of profile pipes, aluminum type AB and D1 are used;
- The creation of hardened profiles requires durable AMG1 alloys and some other.
In addition to separation by type of source material, GOST sets the requirements for pipes by the criteria of their levels. Curvating from each side of the pipe can be:
- 0.05 cm in profiles whose size does not exceed a bar in 50 mm;
- 0.075 cm in profiles with dimensions of more than 50 mm.
It is worth noting that, according to GOST 18475-82, all aluminum profile pipes with dimensions up to 35 mm (often, this is the standard line of the size of 10×10, 15×15, 18×18, 20×20, 25x25x3, 30×30 and 35x35x2 mm), do not pass at the factory processing from burrs before selling.
Such pipes should be cleared independently to avoid different types of troubleshooting when working with materials. All other sizes (40x40x2, 50x50x2 and larger) suggest such treatment.
In addition to the guest classifications of aluminum profiles, several more pipe categories are distinguished. They are sorted:
- in form;
- by type of manufacturing.
In the form of aluminum profiles are divided into square (differently called “squares”), tubular and hexagonal. Hexagonal pipes are applied significantly less frequently due to their specificity (most often in furniture production). Tubular, in turn, are divided into the following types.
- Round both outside and inside, but there is a “strut” of a square shape. The strut is used to strengthen the design and increase the maximum permissible load on the pipe.
- Round Outside, But Square Inside. In such profiles, a square “core” is either welded with a round outer contour, or welded to a special guide inside the case.
- Square Outside, Round Inside. Almost all pipes of a similar sample have a welding mount of the internal circuit directly with the external. For a very rare exception, you can find guides in this configuration of the profile.
The type of manufacture of aluminum pipes is a very important factor in their choice, because the price of goods depends on its complexity.
- Electric welding. The most unreliable and labor-intensive method. It consists in creating a continuous welding seam on a special machine. Such a product is less durable than manufactured technologies.
- Extrusion. This method allows you to make robust products quickly and efficiently. Strongly heated aluminum rod ponds through a special form in the machine, because of what the design of the pipe is obtained by monolithic, without any welding seam.
- Cold deformation. Metal rod is passed through a special machine consisting of a set of rollers creating a certain form.
The best on the construction market are extruded profiles, because they are not only durable solid metal structures.
It is precipitating a high temperature that makes pipes much stronger. In second place there are products obtained by cold deformation. Such products are not calcined, therefore it is considered less durable, although at first glance it is no different from the extruded.
Scope of application
Square aluminum profiles are used in the vast number of various construction and technical spheres. They apply in the following cases.
- Furniture industry. Profiles are used to create ordinary furniture used by the ordinary buyer, as well as special (such as shop windows, advertising shields and other elements). This is especially useful in stores, as pipes withstand large weight, while the racks from such materials are very light and portable. Usually in furniture production use profiles from 10×10 mm to 25×25 mm, but sometimes larger options are found.
- Irrigation systems. In this area of pipes are used to create effective personal irrigation systems. With this application, profiles are required with a size of at least 40×40 mm, but not more than 150×150 mm.
- Sewer. Aluminum profiles can be used as water channels. Such material will help make the most durable design to supply water to the toilet or another technique. In this embodiment, it is necessary to carefully work the joints of pipes using connectors and a construction sealant.
- Various types of construction. Aluminum profiles are used both in mass and individual construction. They are involved in the construction of houses, greenhouses, fences, large glass complexes or in a simple small repair. This version of the use of pipes is so wide that all variations are simply impossible to list.
- Short and mechanical engineering. In modern enterprises for the production of cars and vessels, aluminum or steel profiles are applied almost everywhere. The choice of precisely this material is explained by high strength and convenient for the creation of technique forms. For example, square profiles are used to create ship supports and side spacers, and in cars – to create durable fastenings of their components.
- Electrical work. Aluminum pipes in the electrical industry are used for different purposes. For example, to create durable electrostators (milling, turning and other). In addition, profiles with a small cross-sectional diameter are often used for laying wiring in homes and in large enterprises. With this application, it is best to lay pipes up to 30×30 mm inside past walls for private houses and from 50×50 mm to 150×150 mm at large enterprises with high-voltage equipment.
For each individual type of activity, different types of profiles are applied, so it is especially important to remember their destination and classification.