Some people have the word “green tile for finishing a bathroom” can cause some shock. Habit for blue, light, gray surfaces comes from distant childhood. But it stands for a minute to stop and in memory of themselves arises summer landscapes. Trees with emerald foliage fluttering in the wind, grass with dew droplets, shiny in the sun, gardens, gardens, alcohol, olive groves. Such memories bring peace in the heart, the desire to slow down the rapid rhythm of the slipping days, enjoy the freshness and comfort.
Perhaps you came to remember Malachite caskets from the Ural fairy tales. Such associations are not accidental. Green – an integral part of a person’s worldview, even locked in the stone jungle of the city. He symbolizes rebirth, hope, calm, has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, relieves irritation and prevents stress.
In the bathroom, man meets every morning, comes here after working or studying the fatigue and tension of the day. It is important that the design of this corner of the house approached his residents to feel comfortable and confident here. Before making a final solution and choose the products of the green gamut, you need to consider it and feel. After making sure that the composition corresponds to the inner worldview, not annoying, gives rise to the desire to act, you can proceed to the choice of material and sizes of tile.
Products made of ceramics and porcelain stoneware – the most popular type of finishing materials for the bathroom. It is durable, practical, resistant to high humidity, temperature drops, detergents.
- Enameled tile More often used for wall surface finishing. It is made of extruded, pre-purified clay. Among the advantages – aesthetics, bright and rich color, ease of care and resistance to cleaning agents. However, it creates glare and can irritate the eyes, negatively affecting health. Among other disadvantages, there is a short service life and fragility.
- Matte (unlawed) The surface carries a feeling of heat and comfort. Such tiles are obtained in the process of pressing and firing clay. He is rough and not slippery on the touch, and therefore it is more often used as an outdoor coating. Wash such a surface is not very easy.
- Floor finishing use porcelain stoneware. Its foundation is a granite that has a special appearance, increased strength and stability.
- Terracotta products possess a pleasant and warm texture, they make them from an unconditional clay, but do not cover with icing. Shades and texture depend on the time and process of production and firing. Today, this product is made both manually and in factories.
- Texture or decorative tile looks original and unusual. It can imitate pebbles, air bubbles, metal, wood, cobweb. In the complex with matte or glossy materials turns the bathroom into the work of art.
So, ceramic products for the floor and walls have different properties. Message information is usually applied to packaging. Wall cladding indicates drawing of a brush, outdoor – Figure Figure. The shaded feet indicates a resistance to wear. Mark “AA” means that the product has increased resistance to perfumery, cosmetics, chemicals and acid.
When choosing ceramic products, you must pay attention to their thickness and sizes. The standard thickness of the floor material is 8-11 cm, for walls – 6-7 cm. Production dimensions vary depending on the operating conditions. Several major species.
Mosaic and fine tiles size from 1×1 cm to 10×10 cm Used to finish outdoor and wall surfaces. Both options are excellent for spacious premises. With the help of decorative borders collected from mosaic, you can decorate the bathroom and visually allocate certain zones, collect panels.
The tile 20×20 cm or 20×30 cm received the greatest distribution. It looks beautiful in large and small rooms. The rectangular form is interesting because the space visually increases. The horizontal location of the details makes the room wider, vertical – above. Laid diagonally on the floor, it increases its area.
In the large bathroom use overall facing plates, they allow you to visually divide it into zones. However, sometimes in one interior used products of different sizes. So the unusual geometric and color compositions appear, the space is modified.
In the interior design of the bathroom, several large green variations are most often used.
- Emerald – Bright, shining and at the same time calm and lifeless shade of the dark spectrum. So that the room does not seem too saturated, heavy, it is necessary to diversify the flower gamut.
- Olive – calm, balanced and at the same time light and joyful, beautifully looks with white and warm tones.
- Pistachio – Soft, nice, spring. There are no obsessions and aggressiveness. In combination with pale tones, the space visually expands, and in combination with dark – corrects its flaws.
- Jade emphasizes rigor, elegance and sophistication.
- Malachite – more rich, powerful shade, gives rise to a sense of mystery, supernatural, freshness and elegance.
- Juicy greens – bright and refreshing; In the complex with yellow gives rise to live and energetic compositions, with brown – introduces a note of nobility.
- Grouse grass – Great looks with yellow and white.
- Sea wave – very popular option. In combination with snow-white, it can give a feeling of emptiness, pain and requires reviving parts and inserts.
- Bolotnaya Cleaning, equilibrium and relaxation in the situation. However, when designing design, it should be borne in mind that a large amount of this shade will create an oppressive and pressing effect.
- Mustard gives heat and comfort. It is important to combine with other colors, otherwise there is a risk of getting dark, gloomy and stuffy camork.
- Green apple – Live, refreshing, invigorating tint. Cream reduces his saturation, soothes. In combination with snow-white, this tone visually increases space.
- Lime – juicy and dazzling color. Soothered by white and cream tones, he creates a spring mood.
Also popular lettuce and green-blue tile. Such tiled products can be decorate both walls and floors.
Style and Design
A variety of color solutions, green tile dimensions and excellent combinations with other colors allow you to use it to create a wide variety of styles in the bathroom.
- For Greek style take olive and white material. Enhance the effect of decoration with brown patterns.
- Olive cladding is perfect for vintage style, while the floor is better lay out the elements of the sand color or a real tree. The atmosphere of antiquity is recreated by plumbing on carved legs.
- Pastel and turquoise tones will help to fill the room by the sea atmosphere. A bright impression will leave a mosaic, depicting waves or flowers of lily, for example.
- The combination of a shade of fresh greenery, pistachio, sandy will give the effect of a rainforest. Live plants, bright towels, wicker furniture will complement this impression.
- The combination of juicy green, yellow, gold and light elements will allow you to arrange a bathroom in the Art Deco style. For him, nephite and malachite tones will also be well suited.
- Registration of one wall green, and the other – black or white demonstrates courage and willingness to move forward, be the first and risks. Such are the characteristics of avant-garde.
- Mosaic – the ideas of a combination of tiles of various color solutions are limited only by the designer’s fantasy. Colorful panels, patterns, skillful expanded accents will give the bathroom charm and uniqueness.
Subtleties of choice
The wealth of shades and texture of the tile of green gamut, a variety of ideas and designer finds make it possible to create beautiful interiors.
So that they are stylish and original not only on the designer layout, you should pay attention to some nuances.
- Single canvas is better to diversify with other colors, shades or paintings.
- Light tones are more suitable for walls – they expand the space. Dark – for floors.
- Furniture and accessories must match the selected style.
- The green interior looks beautifully snow-white plumbing.
- Natural lighting emphasizes saturated colors depth.
- Rich Color Gamma allows you to combine several styles in one space.
- Metal elements give the interior of uniqueness and originality, however, it is necessary to be very careful with them – the risk that these parts will not fit into the overall picture and destroy harmony.
Successful examples and options
Bathroom option for men – Harmonious selection of shades, cleanliness, nobility and elegance of the main color, vertical mosaic, concise. Red flower, large chrome crane, metal inserts and mirrors attract attention and revive the interior.
A small room is made in bright, salad and olive colors. Unusual texture, brown splashes, repeating on the curtain, leave a feeling of complete harmony. Light tones and mirrors visually expand space.
Gentle turquoise shade of walls in combination with white and sandy will give freshness and ease of the sea coast. Panno and horizontal decorative border make the interior more alive. Golden handles on furniture items.
How to lay a tile in the bathroom, you will find out in the following video.