Materials that are subjected to periodic influences of low and high temperatures dictate increased adhesive requirements. For oven, fireplace, floor heated and ceramic tiles need high-quality and reliable heat-resistant glue. The strength of any material will be able to provide just such an adhesive composition. It is used as a paste or dry mix. To obtain the required consistency, you need to add a certain amount of pure water, depending on the recommendations specified on the etiquette.
To date, the components of the heat-resistant glue are several elements, Each of them has special properties:
- sand and cement;
- a mixture of plasticizers (ensures the highest show elasticity and does not allow the destruction of the connecting layers);
- Synthetic additive (improves the thermal properties of glue).
Often the manufacturer can add refractory clay into the heat-resistant glue. This is done in order to provide a strong compound of substances and increase the stability of the spike location to the sharp jumps of temperature.
High-quality heat-resistant glue, which will be used in the future, should be characterized by some properties:
- linear extension;
- resistance to wear and moisture;
- The temperature minimum of stability is not less than three hundred degrees;
- Resistance to high and low temperatures at the same time;
- environmental safety;
- The composition should be universal, suitable for both internal and external work;
- good heat exchange ability.
When using high-temperature glue in order to connect plastic surfaces, it is recommended to use heat-resistant plastic. In other words, the characteristics of the materials must coincide.
The heat-resistant tile adhesive composition is desirable to apply for cladding, for example, stoves.
When choosing a heat-resistant glue, it is necessary to consider the area of use. If one composition is most effective for facing the fireplace, oven, the facade of residential buildings, then the other is suitable for natural stones and glass, the third – for gluing metal elements. And when gluing kitchen utensils, it is more practical to use a special non-toxic heat-resistant adhesive composition.
Separate categories of heat-resistant glue have its own distinctive components that determine its area of use. In general, the heat-resistant glue is divided into two main categories: natural and synthetic mixture. The glue category is indicated on the label.
- Natural mixture. As part of this glue, the main ingredient is sodium metasilicate as an aqueous solution of liquid glass. With stirring with sand, fibers of refractory clay and mineral substances get the adhesive composition.
It is able to withstand the temperature rings up to a thousand degrees.
This environmentally friendly mixture during heating does not highlight harmful, toxic substances. This composition is often used in home repair work. For example, if you need to consolidate the seal in the oven.
- Synthetic mixture. Polymers, oligomers, monomers and their combinations are taken as the basis of manufacture. Inorganic substances are used to create the heat-resistant glue itself. Phosphate adhesive material is able to resist the temperature of 1-2 thousand degrees. Other varieties can withstand and even larger temperatures – up to 3 thousand degrees.
Such formulations are resistant to acid and moisture. Often used to glue graphite and different metals.
The heat-resistant dielectric glue in composition is divided into dry and pasty mixture.
Each of them has certain characteristics that will help you decide on the right product.
- One-component composition for gluing ceramic tiles. A acrylic mixture is taken as the basis, into which resin and various modifiers are added. Has a high adhesion indicator, adjust the position of the tile is within twenty minutes.
- Two-component aluminosilicate rubber adhesive composition. Made on the basis of two ingredients – polyurethane and epoxy resin. When using them, you need to mix well. This glue is known as fast-hardening, time to adjust – insignificant.
- Dry mixes. As a basis for the manufacture, cement is taken with elevated characteristics of elasticity and adhesion. The polymer modifier in the adhesive mixture does not make it possible to form cracks at high temperature leaks and during the sealing of binders.
Each manufacturer on the labels indicates the temperature minimum that can withstand transparent, waterproof and any other adhesive composition. Also necessarily admissible maximum operating temperature.
To date, the range of heat-resistant compositions is striking by its diversity. Each manufacturer tries to make a better, more versatile option than those that are already presented on store shelves. In order not to make a mistake with the choice in all this abundance of brands, it is necessary to possess the idea of the most sought-after adhesives.
- “D-314” – This is an adhesive composition, which is produced by our domestic firm “Diol”. It is used mainly for finishing works with furnaces and ceramic tiles on fireplaces. The manufactured composition is elastic and formed, in connection with which the tiles do not slide and hold firmly on the lined surfaces.
- “Super Fireplace” – This is an adhesive composition with reinforcing fiber from the domestic manufacturer “Stovetonit”. Securely gluits designs from concrete and bricks, which are susceptible to heating, ceramic tiles, granite and other natural materials.
- “Hercules” – adhesive composition designed to build a fireplace or oven capable of increasing the heating of the surface to a thousand degrees. Perfectly copes with work on the finishing of coatings that are constantly susceptible to heating: low-grade ceramic tiles and glazed tiles. The composition makes it possible to finish working at a temperature of -10 to +35 degrees.
- “Moment Epoxylin” – Very resistant and durable adhesive composition, which is produced by the world-famous company Henkel. The basis is taken by epoxy resin, glue is a two-component mixture. It is recommended to use it for gluing metals, ceramic and glass surfaces. After the glue is pouring, the formation of a strongest layer is based, so you can safely engage in polishing or drill the necessary holes.
- Adhesive mixture “Terracot” – Perfect option for use in facing work.
Has enhanced adhesive characteristics.
- Finnish heat-resistant adhesive composition “Scanmix Fi” Used for the construction of solid fuel fireplace or furnace construction.
- Epoxy adhesive mixture “Adecilelex” From the Indonesian manufacturer perfectly cope with the compound of different materials.
- Firepress adhesive mixture “Parade-77” withstands the heating of the surface to eight hundred degrees. Not recommended for the plastered surface of the furnace or fireplace design.
- Pasty adhesive base “Neomide”, possessing universal characteristics, applicable for fireplace, ovens, tiles and many other. Composition “Pechsk” also possesses.
How to choose?
The choice of the required option depends on what materials you plan to glue. In addition, the choice of affects the place of operation of glued materials. Glue of good quality withstands the temperature from one hundred twenty degrees and above.
The condition of the material also plays a significant role.
- Torable stove glue. First you need to decide on the location of the future furnace. It can be located both inside the residential premises and outside. If building on the street, it will face sharp drops of temperature. Day – warm sunny weather, and at night – minus temperature.
Subsequently, this can lead to flaking tiles, so carefully view the label on the glue. The manufacturer must indicate the endurance of the composition for such temperature differences. Take a look at the products that talco chloride and liquid glass are taken – both substances have high thermal conductivity and elasticity. To get rid of the gaps, the heat-resistant silicate or heat-resistant silicone two-component sealant will help.
- The best option for gluing aluminum and other metals is a two-component polyurethane-epoxy glue. It contains chemical components that ensure the reliability of the attachment. It should be noted that the two-component adhesive composition is stirred with a hardener, in a ratio of one to one. Often proportions can change, depending on the purpose.
- Bathroom, bath or sauna – the most susceptible placement of the room, so when choosing an adhesive composition, you need to remember about it. Before buying, consider, to what basis the ceramic tile (to plaster, old caficard, plasterboard), the tile of the tile and its properties to the absorption of moisture will be glued down (it affects the absorption of glue), the size of the tile (the greater the tile parameters, the thicker it is necessary to lay the glue ), surface area and t. D.
Next, it all depends on your preferences and characteristics of the room in which facing work will be conducted. For example, in the bathrooms it is recommended to choose a dry composition, which is the basis of cement. At the finished adhesive compositions there is one important nuance: they have a higher price than the dry analogs. Apply ready-made mixtures needed on perfectly smooth surfaces. Nevertheless, many still prefer to acquire a dry mix, it is more accessible at cost and optimal in its characteristics.
Tips for use
- First of all, it is recommended to prepare the covered surface. It should be durable, smooth, purified from lime, oil, fatty substances, dust and dirt, as they can reduce adhesion glue. When gluing to the base, which is strongly absorbed, it is necessary to produce it in advance using a primer emulsion. Leave it for complete drying for several hours.
With a weakly absorbent basis, it is also recommended to process specially intended composition. Prepare the surface in a couple of days before the start of facing works.
- When working with dry mixtures, it is required to prepare the surface and wait about an hour. Glue bred clean water in a ratio of about a quarter of a liter per kilogram of a dry mixture. With stirring, it is best to use a drill or a special stirrer to avoid the appearance of clots and lumps.
- Algorithm for working with glue such: with the help of a spatula, the composition is applied to the desired surface, smoothed around the perimeter. Next tile presses (it is amenable to correction for about fifteen minutes after gluing). It is important to remember that the thickness of the infused mixture should not exceed more than one centimeter.
Shutting the seams occurs after the end of the mounting work, two days later.
The glue with thermal properties has long taken one of the leading positions among adhesive blends. It can be used, for example, for ceramics, durable cast iron, glass ceramics and rubber. He has proven himself and in everyday life. For example, according to the instructions for use, it can be used to process different parts of the oven. Due to the ability to maintain strength, durability, plasticity and high adhesion, regardless of temperature jumps, this material really became indispensable for construction and repair work.
How tightly glue various materials, you can learn from the video below.