In the building materials market there is a wide selection of various colors for completely different surfaces. One of the representatives of this product is the heat-resistant enamel of ELCON KO 8101.
The heat-resistant Emal ELCON is designed specifically for painting boilers, furnaces, chimneys, as well as various equipment of gas, oil and pipelines, where liquids are pumped with temperature in the range from -60 to +1000 degrees Celsius.
The feature of the composition is the fact that When heated, enamel does not emit toxic substances into the air, So it can be used inside the residential premises, paint it various furnaces, fireplaces, chimneys.
Also, this paint creates a good protection of the material itself from the effects of high temperature, while maintaining its vapor permeability.
Other advantages of enamel:
- It can be applied not only for metal, but also concrete, brick or asbestos.
- Enamels are not terrible sharp temperature and humidity differences.
- It is not subject to dissolution in most aggressive materials, for example, such as salt solutions, oils, oil refining products.
- Operational coverage under the observance of application technology is about 20 years.
The heat-resistant anti-corrosion enamel ELCON has the following technical characteristics:
- The chemical composition of the paint corresponds to that 2312-237-05763441-98.
- The viscosity of the composition at a temperature of 20 degrees is at least 25c.
- Emale dries up to the third degree at temperatures above 150 degrees after half an hour, and at a temperature of 20 degrees – after two hours.
- The adhesion of the composition with the treated surface corresponds to 1 point.
- The strength of the applied layer at shock is 40 cm.
- Resistance in constant water interaction is at least 100 hours, when exposed to oils and gasoline – at least 72 hours. In this case, the temperature of the liquid should be about 20 degrees.
- The consumption of this paint is 350 g per 1 m2 when applying the composition for metal and 450 g per 1 m2 – on concrete. Enamel must be applied at least two layers, but the actual consumption can be increased one and a half times. This must be taken into account when calculating the required amount of enamel.
- Solvent for this product is xylene and toluene.
- Emal ELCON has a weakly thorough, faint-grade composition, during fire, it practically does not smoke and low toxic.
Features of application
In order for the coating that form Emal Elcon was kept as long as possible, To apply paint in several stages:
- Surface preparation. Before applying the composition, the surface must be completely cleaned from pollution, rust traces and old paint. Then it needs to be degreed. To do this, you can use xylene.
- Preparation of enamel. Paint before use you need to mix well. To do this, you can use a wooden wand or a mealker for a drill.
If necessary, enamel must be. To give the necessary viscosity, you can add a solvent in an amount of up to 30% of the total paint volume.
After actions taken with paint, the capacity must be left alone for 10 minutes, after which you can start.
- Process of coloring. You can apply the composition with brush, roller or sprayer. Work is necessary at ambient air temperature from -30 to +40 degrees Celsius, and the surface temperature should be at least +3 degrees. You need to put paint in several layers, while after each application it is necessary to withstand the time interval up to two hours so that the composition grabbing.
Other enamel elcon
In the range of products of the company, in addition to heat-resistant paint, there are also several more products used in industrial and personal purposes:
- Organismalicate composition OS-12-03. This paint is designed for anti-corrosion protection of metal surfaces.
- Weather-resistant enamel Ko-198. This composition is designed to cover concrete and reinforced concrete surfaces, as well as metal surfaces that are operated in such aggressive media as saline solutions or acids.
- Emulsion Si-WD. Used for impregnation of residential and industrial premises. Designed to protect wood from ignition, as well as mold, fungi and other bios.
Reviews about the heat-resistant Enamel Elcon Good. Buyers noted that the coating is durable, and it really does not destroy when exposed to high temperatures.
Among the shortcomings, users note the high cost of the product, as well as the big consumption of composition.
More about the heat-resistant Emality Ellcon, look in the video below.