Bulgarian is a popular power tool and is widely used when performing repair, building and finishing works. Due to the ability to install a variety of nozzles, the instrument acts as an indispensable assistant when grinding wooden, stone, metal and concrete surfaces.
Sanding of solid foundations would be impossible without the use of special replaceable discs present on the market in a large variety of sizes, shapes and textures. With their help polishing billets in furniture production, restoration of antiquity objects, grinding walls of wooden log cabins, roughing of a log processing and removing residual paint materials from any surfaces.
In addition, grinding circles are widely used when repairing wooden floors and natural parquet, as well as in the manufacture of lining, geepboard, window frames, doors and boxes. Discs are often used for sprinkling, stripping and polishing various parts, removal of rusty spots from metal and concrete surfaces, as well as for accurate fitting compounds equipped with a “comb-groove” system, and for others requiring dense adjacent elements.
In addition to Bulgarians, grinding circles are used in combination with electric drills and orbital eccentric grinders.
The classification of grinding circles occurs in several signs that determine the specialization of models. For this feature, such three categories of products are distinguished as:
- Universal models capable of processing any surface;
- disks intended for grinding and polishing wood products;
- Circles for work on concrete, natural stone and metal.
The first type includes 4 varieties of grinding circles, which equally can be used effectively on any surfaces.
- Robbing circle It is intended to remove the layers of old paint or varnish from any reason. It is a plated metal bristle. For the manufacture of bristles, a durable elastic wire is used, stable deformation and able to quickly and effectively break and remove the old coating. The arrangement of bristles relative to the plane of the disk, as well as their length and rigidity can be different because depend on the size and specialization of the model.
- Cordschka (twisted shag) It is a wire nozzle and applied in cases where rough grinding and removal of primary irregularities is needed. This type is fully universal and can be used both to remove the paintwork from wooden surfaces and to eliminate rust from metal and concrete bases.
- Endroad Designed to align the ends of the blanks when performing oblique sawing. Surface treatment technique With it, remotely resembles the work with a file.
- Wheels on Velcro Used to handle stone, metal and concrete surfaces. They are a set of five circles that are fixed to a working basis by adhesive base. The main disk for its configuration resembles a plate, with an adhesive composition – velcro applied to it. It is on it that the replaceable disks are set. Models are produced with a diameter of 125 mm and more. They have a different degree of grain, which greatly facilitates the choice of the desired disk and allows you to purchase it for a specific material. The set, as a rule, includes grinding, polishing and felt models. The presence in one set of different for the purpose and structure of the circles allows you to lie down and polish any surface to mirror glitter.
The next category of grinding has a narrow specialization. It is intended for the processing of wooden surfaces and is represented by a sandpaper petal model. The petal circle is used for primary grinding and finishing polishing of wooden products. It is a flat nozzle with trapezoidal petals located on it. Petals find each other on a friend and visually resemble fish. Thanks to this structure, the nozzles are distinguished by high wear resistance, because of which one disk is enough for polishing 10 m² of wood surface.
Petal circles are available with varying degrees of grain, which allows to produce a grinding of different hardness and wood structures. Models are manufactured in a large variety of sizes, diameter from 115 to 230 millimeters.
The third category of grinders for the Bulgarian is represented by models intended for processing particularly solid materials, including concrete, metal, marble and granite. This category is quite numerous and represented by a large number of diverse models, the most popular of which will be discussed below.
- Disk “Double Segment” Designed for rough grinding natural stone, brick and concrete. The nozzle effectively eliminates different surface defects, as well as cuts thick layers of a concrete tie.
- Model “Dolphin” It has a more gentle effect on the working surface than the previous tool, and allows you to perform more delicate grinding. The product is in low weight, high performance and long service life.
- Grinding Circle “Square” Used to perform coarse base treatment required for subsequent application of polymer coating. The polished surface becomes pretty rough and acquires high adhesive properties.
- Model “Boomerang” Differs in low weight and multifunctionality. It is capable of processing concrete and stone bases, and in the quality of grinding can be compared with double-row diamond mills.
- Disk “Turtle” Used to process marble and granite surfaces. The tool makes stone bases with absolutely smooth and gives them a mirror glitter. This model is produced in different grain versions, which allows you to perform both a coarse primary grinding of stone and finite polishing.
- Circle “Turbo” characterized by high wear resistance and is used for grinding reinforced concrete and metal bases. Moreover, the tool is able to remove the chamfer and edges on the plates from marble, which is due to the mastery-stone-stone for creating compositions from natural stone.
- Model “Typhoon” Presented in the form of a diamond grinding cup-shaped structure, characterized by high performance and long service life. The product is used for coarse primary processing of natural stone and removing the old decorative coating from concrete walls.
By its form, grinding can be flat or cup. The first are finely abrasive emery or polishing discs and are used to polish wood and other soft bases. Cup models are used to grind serious surfaces and require high power of the grinder. If such a model is installed on a low-power AVM, the power tool engine will not power the high load and burns. In addition to polishing, particularly solid materials, cup nozzles are capable of producing efficient processing of hard-to-reach places, where the flat disk will not be able to get.
Grinding and polishing metal pipes are somewhat different. To do this, use a roller (drum) type nozzle, which effectively cleales the surface of the pipes from rust and paint residues. Moreover, the roller well levels the seams from welding, and when replacing the emery tape on felt turns into a polishing tool.
In addition to felt, other disapprosive materials are often used to polish metal, such as foam rubber, spongy nozzles and cloth.
Fiber disks are perfectly coping with scale from welding, effectively removing oxidation residues, as well as sharpened abrasive circles. The latter have a thickness of 5 mm, equipped with a deepening on the inside, and, in addition to aligning the weld, can be used for sharpening cutting tools.
Recommendations for choosing
Before you start buying grinders for a grinder, You should pay attention to several important points.
- It is necessary to check the correspondence of the seating diameters of the disk and the grinder.
In order not to make a mistake in the choice, you need to rewrite the technical characteristics of the USM and compare them with the size of the purchased nozzles.
- When choosing the maximum outer diameter of the disc, it is necessary to take into account the power of the electric motor of the bulgar. The more powerful the motor, the more overall circle it can rotate. Low-power models are not able to cope with big discs, because of what the latter are constantly stuck in the material being processed, forcing the engine to overheat.
- As mentioned above, grinding are divided into universal and highly specialized. A frequent error of consumers is the choice of universal models, the purchase of which seems more profitable. In fact, it is not. As practice shows, it is better to buy a special disk for each specific material, which will significantly increase the efficiency of processing and keeps the motor from possible overload. Universal models can be selected only for coarse rough grinding, while for cleaning it is better to purchase a specialized model.
- You should pay attention to the thickness of the nozzle. The thicker it is a circle, the longer they can use.
- The grain grain of abrasive models is also an important criterion. Than it is higher, the more smooth it turns out the treated surface.
- When choosing a circle with velcro, it is better to stop your choice on a perforated model. Such a disc will not overheat at high revs and will not ignore.
Subtleties of use
Before you start working with a tool, you need to make sure that the proper landing and reliable mounting of the disk. When the device is turned on, the sound of the operating engine must be uniform, without outside noise and vibration. Otherwise, you need to turn off the unit and reinstall the grinding disk.
In the process of grinding and polishing, it is necessary to monitor the condition of the circle, when the slightest defects are detected, work should be stopped immediately.
This is due to a high speed of rotation of a circle reaching 13,000 voltages in some models, and a disk for such revolutions may result in injury.
When using overhead wheels from the sandpaper, it is necessary to monitor the degree of abrasion, otherwise the main circle may be damaged. To avoid such situations, you should use discs as much thick. When working it is worth applying personal protective equipment. These include special glasses, tarpaulin gloves, respirator or gauze bandage, as well as long-sleeved work clothes. We can not equip the workplace with a dust removal system and chips. In addition, when working with concrete structures, as well as when removing welded oscillas from metal surfaces, the operator should not be in the zone of fragments.
In the process of grinding and polishing, the use of special grinding pastes or solutions saturated with small abrasive particles is recommended.
The primary processing of the metal is performed by little breasted circles, and the finishing polishing is made using felt or tissue nozzles. As for the grain class, it is used to remove the paint bed and coarse processing of the disturbed surfaces with large-grained labeling plates 40-60. To remove the upper layer from old wooden surfaces, for fitting edges and connections, as well as for grinding the cut line – the optimal option will be the grinding of medium grain to 60-80 units. And finally, when performing a fine finishing grinding, as well as the preparation of bases for the application of paints and varnishes, fine-grained nozzles are used by 100-120 units.
How to install a grinding wheel on the Bulgarian, you will learn from the following video.