Recently, the PVC tile has been enjoyed in high demand. In the current market of building materials, a huge range of plates is presented: a variety of design solutions of all colors and sizes. For reliable mounting, you will need high-quality tile glue. First of all, it is necessary to determine the type of solution.
How to choose?
If you want to carry out repair work in your own home or apartment yourself, you will certainly have to face the choice of high-quality tiles and proven glue. It is really important. Regarding the selection of glue for tile, you can give several delometric tips. Certainly worth paying attention to them. It should be immediately noted that all materials must be qualitative, reliable so that there are no problems with further operation.
Buy materials for construction only in proven stores that trust.
After you have finally decided on a construction store, you must choose a type of glue for tile. So, there is a tile solution in the form of a paste. It is already fully ready for use. There is also a variant that is a conventional dry mixture. It needs to be properly diluted, carefully prepare. Such a mixture can be applied on Faneru.
Among the specialists in the field of construction there is a certain opinion that it is uncomfortable to work with ordinary pasta. That is why most professionals advises to buy a tiled glue in a dry form. This is one of the most common options. Dilute the composition with ordinary water in the right proportions is easy, so this process will not take. Dry mixture guarantees high performance, and its price is quite acceptable.
When buying, you need to consider even small nuances:
- From the structure of the base, the thickness of the applied adhesive layer, the spatula, which is used when working, depends the consumption of glue.
- Glue is sold by packages weighing 5 kg, 12 kg and 25 kg.
- Remove the residues of the composition with hands and tools under running water fairly easy.
- Guaranteed shelf life – one year.
- When mounting the floor covering from vinyl tile, an acrylic composition with a pasty structure is more reliable and practically. Thanks to these qualities, the glue falls on the draft base with a uniform layer.
When laying various floor coatings, different methods are used, and one of the most common is the laying with glue. This method is ideal for mounting the floor covering of PVC tiles. To choose the right glue, you need to consider the type of coating, indoor humidity. This depends on the epoxy composition of glue.
In some cases, acrylic dispersion glue is suitable, which has several advantages:
- Not toxic. Safe for human health.
- Thanks to a certain structure, it does not spread over the surface, gluits any materials. It can be used on different surfaces.
- Without smell. Resistant to high humidity, to fire.
- Quickly frozen, gluing surfaces.
- In case of incorrect laying of tiles, work can be corrected during half an hour.
- When working with the composition there is no need for additional precautionary measures.
- After a day, gluable surfaces can be subjected to maximum loads.
It is possible to achieve the desired result possible only when all the conditions for using acrylic glue are observed:
- Temperature mode. The minimum room temperature should not be below +10 degrees.
- Clay categorically should not be applied to a wet draft base.
- It should be uniformly distributed glue over the surface using a special toothed spatula.
- If the glue is hit on the front side of the tile, you should carefully remove the adhesive with a soft cloth and alcohol solution. Otherwise, to make it will be much more difficult.
- Before starting work, you need to make sure the purity of the draft floor. The surface must be dry and smooth.
Among the huge number of manufacturers, Thomsit and Khomakov can be distinguished, well-proven themselves. High-quality products of these firms are in great demand.
You can select several types of glue that are most suitable for mounting vinyl tiles:
- Universal composition Ideal for mounting floor covering. It is resistant to mechanical effects, elastic. According to specifications, more suitable for indoor use. Environmentally safe. During production, only solvents of organic origin are used. It is allowed to use it when equipped with a “warm floor” system.
- Thomsit K 188 E. This composition helps to increase the sound and thermal insulation qualities of the flooring. The presence of polymer components means that glue cannot be used when laying on absorbent bases. Proven itself as an environmentally friendly material.
- DEKO BOND SSANGKOM. This composition can be used on any basis. Before starting work, you need to carefully prepare the surface. It should be clean and dry. The peculiarity of this glue is that its use is allowed at high indoor air temperature. Full pouring of glue occurs after a day. Adjusts the position of the glued tile for half an hour. The composition is safe for human health.
- Homakoll 208. The composition includes acrylic components. Suitable for gluing any surfaces, except foam. Economic: under certain temperature conditions, about 1 kg of glue will be sufficient for surface treatment with an area of 2 to 4 square meters.
This is only a small part of the options presented in the construction market. In any case, the adhesive composition must be chosen on the basis of individual needs: for example, a quartzvinyl mixture can be working on concrete.
How to make a solution?
The number of special tile adhesives is great, but the finished compositions are extremely small, so it often has to make a solution independently. The best option is a cement solution for which cement and sand is taken in proportions 1: 4. Dry mixture you need to breed with water to creamy consistency. For more reliable fixation of the tile, you can add glue in the ratio of approximately 1: 18.
With specialized mastic and adhesives for the tile, it is easier to work, but they can only be used on an ideally smooth surface that was twisted or covered with paint, which is based on any oil.
Then it is necessary to thoroughly mix the adhesive composition with a spatula until the mass becomes homogeneous, it will not cease to flock. Do not regret this stage of time, because lumps can interfere with the right laying of tiles on the surface. If the solution you need a lot, you can use a building mixer.
Rules for laying PVC tile on glue
Always take a tile with a margin. It should be 2-3 square meters more. Various damage may be applied, for example, during transportation or non-professional laying of material. Works are produced at a temperature of +20 degrees. The tile itself must be stored at + 18-30 degrees. At least two days he should fly in the warm room. Before laying tiles on glue, plinths are filmed. The tile is adjusted in all parameters to the walls, and only then is re-closed by plinth.
Do not save on the quality of the materials, because it is long known that the miser pays twice. Glue tiles at home yourself not at all difficult. You only need to pick up a high-quality gluing solution. So you will extend the service life of its outdoor coating. Considering the recommendations given, it is not difficult to do it.
How to make PVC tile laying, see below.