Furniture dowels – plastic, metal, wooden and other species – are intended for fixing the objects of the situation to the surfaces of the walls, gender. Construction themselves are usually collected in other ways, with the help of more fasteners. How to choose a dowel under furniture nails, consolidate it, what features to consider is worth talking in more detail.
There are many types of fasteners having a special purpose. Under the concept, the furniture dowel is usually meant the product used when hanging cabinets, shelves, other elements of the storage system on the wall. This element serves as an insertion into a vertically located surface of concrete, full or hollow brick, drywall, cellular blocks, helps reliably fix the objects operated under load.
The retaliatory part of the furniture dowel is most often self-sufficient on the tree, screw, a bolt with a measuring thread or a hairpin.
There are different types of dowels suitable for furniture. Usually they are selected on the basis of the diameter of the fastener, such as the surface of the wall, to which the product is attached. I.e Under the Self 5 mm, you will need an insert from plastic or metal with the same thread parameters. For quick installation, metal and plastic elements screwed into the walls. A little similar to them on the functional purpose of the wanned – wooden, for furniture, also providing a reliable connection.
The most suitable for attaching objects of the environment are considered to be several options for dowels.
- Universal polypropylene. They are used when creating fasteners in the walls of full-scale brick, concrete with a solid, non-characteristic structure.
- Nylon with arcs. They have an increased spacer surface, are made of durable elastic material. In the design of porous walls, the holes corresponding to the length and diameter are drilled. Fixing fasteners are carried out when screwing into a screw or self-pressing, its arcuate parts are expanding, securely holding the sleeve in the wall.
- Plastic spacer with mustache. Used for mounting in full-scale brick, concrete, stone walls. In the design there are blocking tongues, eliminating the turning of a dowel around its axis, split teeth.
- Molly Steel. The most popular sizes of a metal dowel-butterfly – M6, M8, M10. It is used in hollow plasterboard structures, bricks. After installing the middle of the product, it is revealed, preventing the reverse stroke of the dowel in the hole.
- Steel mortise or dowel-nail. It is wrapped in plasterboard without prior placement of the sleeve.
- “Butterfly” plastic. Similar to Molly, used when hanging light furniture designs. Can be used for fastening the light shelves to inner hollow partitions from plywood, drywall.
- Anchor. Made of steel. Installed by a clogging method in brick and concrete solid walls. Used when hanging heavy furniture.
These are the main varieties of dowels used in the attachment of various objects of the environment to the surface of the walls.
Searches for suitable dowels require be sure to take into account the type of surface to which furniture will be attached to. It is not installed on the wooden walls. In other cases, you need to consider the recommendations of specialists.
- Mounting to brick or concrete. It is worth considering simple metal or plastic dowels, wooden tubes under nails. They will be enough if the load on the wall is not too large, it is planned to hang the shelf or a kitchen cabinet.
- Mounting in plasterboard. Special dowels are used here, capable of ensuring reliable fastening. These can be products like “Butterfly” or Molly.
- Fastening light shelves with a minimum number of additional decor or backlight. For them will be enough use of dowels-boots or “butterflies” from nylon.
- Heavy, strongly loaded shelves. Storage systems in the most responsible sections of the kitchen, residential area, the workshop requires the use of the most reliable metal fasteners. These may be Molly Dowels or Classic Metal Options.
- With the premium on the wall. If the base is hidden under the interior decoration, it is necessary to apply BRASS-bookmarks with a thickness equal to the similar characteristic of the transverse framework. Here the best fastener will be Molly.
These recommendations will be allowed to choose fasteners for furniture of any type that requires hanging on the wall or fastening to it.
For the assembly of conventional furniture designs, the dowels are not needed, Here you use confirmation, wrenches, screeds that ensure the necessary connection strength. In storage systems – racks, built-in wardrobes, mounted shelves and “walls” – apply fasteners, allowing reliably to keep even heavy designs on site under load. In this case, the intermediate element between the dowel and the self-samples are all sorts of “corners” and the police station.
Most often, such fasteners are used when fastening the top row of cabinets in kitchen headsets. In addition, this method is carried out by an integral connection of modules in the wardrobes, the shelves for books are hung. Security systems in furniture, installed in children’s rooms, also imply its fixation to the wall. With the help of dowels, mirrors are fixed, equip the objects of the situation.
In the next video, it tells about the dowels for furniture.