The need for production machines remains quite high since the invention of each of them. One of the industrial machines in the production of machines is a metal cutting machine. Saw Geller is an important detail. More about it and what segments are, this article will tell.
About Pile Geller
Heller saws used for cutting black and non-ferrous metal using disk saws. This item is a disc with the edges of the trees, which are called segments. The process of cutting occurs at the right corner of the disk to the billet itself. Billets can have a circular, rectangular or shaped section. These are specialized equipment used only in workshops, at factories or other manufacturing enterprises.
The ability to process metal forms of any size is possible due to certain segments with different characteristics. Fastening and moving blanks is carried out using hydraulic mechanisms.
The mass of machines for a healer saw can reach 5 tons.
What is segment saw
Segmenting saw is a cutting device and an important part of the milling machine, its main task is to process various metal blanks. In fact, it is Saw Geller, which was mentioned above.
The segment disk is indispensable for those such as metal cutting: about 90% cutting is carried out only thanks to this tool.
Such criteria as the amount of teeth on the saw, the strength of the disc itself, the accuracy of the end / radial beating and the seating hole, as well as the solidity of the segments determine the quantity and quality of the operated saw.
Just about segments we will talk below in more detail.
Characteristics of segment saw
Segment saw is suitable for processing any metal objects: from relatively soft metals as aluminum and its alloys to cast iron and steel.
Similar models have the following distinctive characteristics.
- One of the most important features is the size. Saw body dimensions are made with the following values: in width – from 0.05 to 0.15 cm; in length – from 0.3 to 200 cm.
- Teeth shape in segment. Different types of metal correspond to various forms of teeth.
- Tooth location frequency on each segment. This characteristic depends on the dimensions of the device itself and the sizes of the teeth (the smaller they are, the more they are).
What segments are
Based on the characteristics, several types of segments can be distinguished.
- By the number of teeth in the segment. Models of 4, 6 and 8 teeth are produced.
- By the number of segments on one saw. Their number can be 14, 18, 20, 24, 30, 36 and 44. The greater the number of segments, the greater the diameter of the disk saw.
- In the form of teeth. Their several types: Flat tooth, alternating tooth, cutting edge bevel angle, flat trapezoidal tooth, plain trapezoidal tooth, tooth with oblique sharpening, conical tooth, tooth with a concave profile.
Segments for all models of saws are made only from stainless steel.
Modern production produces mainly discs with segments on teeth. The release of separately installed segments is practiced more and less.
The main advantage of the cutting segmented disks is the possibility of using them for cutting of any metal.
Another advantage is replacement. If necessary, always with ease of the old model can be replaced with a new.
Also easily, however, only on some models, you can replace parts of a segment saw – fasteners or segments with teeth.
To a significant disadvantage, you can classify that such segment cutting discs are consumable, requiring regular replacement. Above it was said about this as a dignity, but it is not always the case, because it is not too convenient. Regular replacement involves attentiveness and caution when buying such a material – the likelihood of acquiring a poor quality product is great. In addition, it is necessary to acquire only those segments that will correspond to the body saw.
Otherwise, not only the poor operation of the device is possible, but also frequent, and sometimes irreversible, breakdowns.
Geller saw review See in the video below.