The ceiling decoration involves it align. For such purposes today, several practical approaches are used, among which one of the most popular is the introduction of tension materials. Operation of ceiling films is very often accompanied by damage, which requires high-quality and rapid recovery.
Stretch ceilings are a thin film of polymer or tissue that is suspended in a horizontal plane on a special framework. Such elements are made from various materials, which allows them to divide them on such types:
- Fabric. The composition of this product may vary depending on the manufacturer. But a distinctive feature of this option is the presence of pores capable of passing air, so fabric ceilings are used in bedrooms or children’s, that is, where you need an optimal air exchange. The material is well tolerating the differences in temperatures, and it is also more difficult to accidentally cut. Manufacturing technology allows you to get the canvas of almost any size.
Among the disadvantages, you can highlight the minimum indicator of plasticity, as well as fast accumulation of dust. Behind the fabric ceiling you need to constantly monitor.
- Polymer. The main component of the product is polyvinyl chloride and its combination. The ceiling is a thin film. The width of one layer can not exceed 3 m, so for installation in large rooms, several elements are simply soldered, which leads to the formation of a visible seam.
The advantages of this product are:
- durability and universal design;
- The ability to dye polymers in almost any color;
- The upper layer does not accumulate electrostatic energy, which, in turn, prevents the sedimentation of dust on the surface;
- The polymer is well stretched, which allows preventing a random flooding of an apartment with neighbors from above;
- The strength of the material depends on temperature;
- The product is easy enough;
- damage material can be almost any acute subject.
Repair of stretch ceilings – a rather complicated operation that can not always be performed. But the practicality and versatility of these models today displaces hanging constructions from drywall. To eliminate damage to the canvas, during the operation of tension models, some recommendations should be followed:
- It is necessary to minimize the risk of mechanical effects on the canvas. This applies to both the polymer and fabric ceiling. If this is not done, then sooner or later the material can pierce, which will lead to a complete replacement of the entire product or complex manipulations during the repair.
- If a person has no experience with such substances, then all operations on the installation of lamps, as well as to remove leaks, should be trusted only by specialists.
- Ceilings only with special solutions. It is undesirable to use aggressive mixes in apartments, since this approach is not only harmful to the material, but also affects the health of residents of the house.
- Operate polymers can only be operated at a temperature not higher than 70 degrees. If you warm the cloth to such values, it is simply melted or will lose elasticity. Therefore, all the lamps installed in the room must be protected by special covesries or located on a certain distance from the fabric. Also, it is impossible to get hot water to these items.
- Plus temperature should be supported in the room with stretch ceiling. It is not recommended to operate materials with its negative values, since the substance loses its physical properties and becomes fragile and easily damaged.
Types of damage
Stretch ceilings can be easily damaged, as they are operated with a significant tension. This turn reduces the effort that needs to destroy links between molecules. There are several types of damage that can be divided into groups.
- Promotions and punctures. The formation of such damage occurs at accidental pressure of the acute subject to the surface of the material. In the case of plastic models, the substance can be poisoned by any sharp object: a needle or sharp angle on furniture.
- Sagging. These defects may arise from such reasons as poor quality material or water. Many models begin to sign over time, which indicates that the fabric of the ceiling design lost elasticity and is more unsuitable. If the ceiling in this case did not burst, you can try to repair it, but it is not always possible.
- Gap along the seam or in the place of adjustment to the profile. The first variation of damage is relatively rare. In most cases, this is due to a poor-quality supplied material that does not stand the load. The gap in the places of adjustment to the profile occurs when the tissue component is incorrectly installed or after its final aging.
- Melting. The cause of this problem is the lamps or ceiling lamps that heat the design to high temperatures. So that the lighting device does not burn material, it should be mounted on the basis of special protective elements. Additionally, it is necessary to minimize the risk of docking these components during operation.
Subtleties of repair
The restoration of stretch ceilings is a rather complicated operation that is not always realized. Below are some technologies that allow you to repair the products with your own hands without attracting specialists of such a profile.
Repair of cuts or punctures
Such damage is assumed to form on the surface of the opening of non-standard form. Over time, it can simply sprawling in different directions.
Before making repairs, it is important to determine the nature of damage. If after the puncture it was small hole with a radius of up to 2 mm, then you can try to pour it with glue. It will simply delay the material, forming a kind of plastic patch.
Repair is also subject to small holes, the length of which is less than 10 cm. To connect torn ends on the glossy ceiling, you should cut the patch from the same substance and glue it from the inside of the layer. It is important at the same time to carefully combine the opposite sides of the hole.
If a person has no confidence that he will be able to fix the latch from the inside of the canvas, then it can be glued and outside. In order not to spoil the design of the room, for such purposes it is recommended to use decorative patches. A certain drawing is applied to the surface of such an element, which perfectly fit into the interior of the room.
Alternative to patchwork is the installation of a suspended lamp. For this, over top of the hole glued metal ring, which will prevent the polymer spreading. Then, the remnants of the material are neatly cut inside it and the lamp is inserted. You can apply this option only when such attributes already have on the ceiling. If he is only one, then such a style will be impracticious.
When the incision is quite close to the baguette, you can try to drag the material. But such operations are carried out only by experienced specialists. Small cuts on fabric canvases can be just sewed to thread. To do this, it is important to choose it under the color of the main coating. It is worth paying attention to the fact that only small defects are somewhat.
Stretching at flooding
Similar situations are quite common. It should be understood that if hot water was affected on the polymer ceiling (the temperature above 70 degrees), then it would not be possible to restore it. He can no longer be back to purchase the necessary shape, and therefore it will be necessary to fully replace.
If the material was stretched under the influence of cold liquid, then such ceilings can be repaired. In this case, before starting work, the apartment or the riser is completely disconnected from electricity. After that, the liquid needs to drain.
It is worth paying attention to the fact that you should not do a hole, since the weight of the water will simply break the cloth in half. Better for drain use the hole of the suspension lamp, which you need to pre-dismantle. An alternative hole can be the edge of the canvas to be released from the latch.
When everything is ready, you should gently move the water to the hole. Do not try to do it sharply or parts. It is better that the entire volume is gradually moving in the right direction.
If you distribute the flow of water, then its small amount can remain in the corners under the material, and the water will not be expelled from there. After draining the liquid, you should give the surface to dry. It can last a few days.
Upon completion of such training, the fabric warms up gradually with a hair dryer. At the same time, the polymer will again acquire elasticity and the form, which will continue to continue to exploit it.
Similar damage is not so often. The repair algorithm is very similar to the reduction technology during cuts or punctures.
If the hole is small, then the most optimal option is a heat-resistant ring finish. Initially, it is glued to the ceiling, and after drying, all the insides are cut.
Fix this defect is independently quite difficult, since for this you need to completely remove the cloth and pull it again.
Another problem is that not all fastens allow dismantling. Suitable for such purposes only cartridge profiles, allowing you to pull out the material and fix it again.
Tips and recommendations
Repair work related to stretch ceilings require accuracy and care. Therefore, to solve such tasks qualitatively and quickly, it is advisable to adhere to some recommendations:
- In the event of any cuts on the canvas, it should be maximally eliminating the possibility of further sprawling of satin ceiling. To do this, on the edges of the holes are neatly glued to the malarious tape, which will hold the material before it is fully repaired.
- All reconstruction operations should be carried out at the initial stage. It is necessary to use only high-quality materials for repair, capable of withstanding the load without damaging the material.
- If the cause of the breakdown is marriage in the product or its incorrect installation, it is immediately worth contacting the company that installed and sold such products. In most cases, they restore such shortcomings at their own expense.
- All canvas operations are important to carry out very carefully, so as not to destroy its structure further.
All operations for reconstruction of the canvas need to trust the team of experienced professionals who know how to quickly and qualitatively solve a specific problem. Such an approach will reduce the risk of further fabric damage and guarantees long-term operation of the product for a long time.
The repair of the stretch ceiling is presented in the following video.