The most popular bathroom finishing material is a ceramic tile. Its popularity is due to technical characteristics: it can withstand heavy loads, it calmly transfers all sorts of temperature differences and increased humidity.
Thanks to the hard quality control, manufacturers please their consumers with ready-made products that have an attractive appearance, convenient dimensions that are suitable for any interior design, improved characteristics in operation.
Spanish ceramic tile – outdoor or wall-mounted – this is the key to the original idea of the designer. Each collection manufacturers are developed in accordance with the construction fashion for ceramic tiles for bathrooms. Thanks to this, any consumer will be able to create the desired interior at home.
Some facts that confirm the popularity and high quality of Spanish tiles:
- Ceramic tile from Spain is exported to almost 200 countries;
- More than half of the products manufactured are exported from the country;
- About 15% of the world’s total production of ceramic tiles produced Spain.
The peculiarities of Spanish materials include the ideal processing of the edges of the tile. Thanks to the ancient traditions of production and using modern technologies, we get a wonderful material.
Tile from Spain resistantly transfers temperature differences, It has resistance to the appearance of a variety of cracks, resistant to painting abrasive and aggressive substances. Such qualities also have a tile from Italy.
For the production of ceramic Spanish tiles, manufacturers use certain clay mixtures, and extremely natural components are added. Clay tiles are subjected to high pressure, pressed. Next follows firing at a large temperature in special furnaces.
For top layer, the manufacturer uses ceramic glaze.
Spanish ceramic tile is the right choice in favor of high-quality finishing materials. Thanks to a wide variety of collections, each consumer will be able to choose a material to taste and in capabilities.
Classic tile mainly has a size of 20×20 cm. Often it is made under marble.
Pros and cons
The characteristic advantages of the Spanish tile include such advantages as:
- Huge selection of colors, ornaments, drawings. It gives the consumer the opportunity to choose that the ceramics that will be necessary for him.
- Manufacturers offer a decor where the thematic pattern will be depicted in accordance with the selected design.
- The highest quality material.
- Saturation of colors and colors of ceramic tile.
- Long service life, increased wear resistance.
Also, the following characteristics of ceramic products can also be attributed to a variety of advantages:
- well tolerate long-term contacts with water;
- has a high threshold of strength;
- service life – not limited;
- easy to clean with detergents or cleaning products;
- well tolerate temperature differences;
- resistant to corrosion;
- Resistant to falling objects, not afraid of gravity of high-pass furniture, bathroom;
- has aesthetic look;
- Thanks to the well-coordinated work of the designers, it has a wonderful choice of color scheme, design and graphics, as well as a variety of dimensions.
Cheap Spanish tile is ideal not only for finishing works in your bathroom, but also for kitchen premises. All this is possible due to its excellent specifications.
Deficiencies in ceramic tiles are much smaller than the advantages. Unfortunately, despite all the simplicity and ease of installation of ceramic tiles, it must be laid on the perfect and dry base, which must be pre-perfectly aligned. Cement screed must be carried out before laying outdoor tiles. Another disadvantage can be called bad thermal insulation. Unfortunately, walking bare feet on ceramic tiles without heating the floor quite unpleasant.
The most common drawback is the presence of a possible marriage (chips, cracks and other things).
Types and characteristics
Operation of ceramic tile in the bathroom implies stability of material to high humidity, because first of all, in the bathroom there will always be a long-term contact with water. Due to frequent temperature differences, according to safety, each manufacturer is obliged to comply with the special requirements that are presented to the production of tiles. Among such requirements there are special rashness indicators.
Spanish ceramics for bathrooms can have several destinations, which will be different materials from which it produced. The finishing materials for the floor and walls won a special popularity.
Due to the porous surface, Spanish ceramic tiles are very easy to lay on any surface, especially this concerns the walls of the bathroom. Outdoor finishing materials have lower porosity indicators. Due to this, the material will serve much longer than other analogs.
Exclusive options for finishing ceramic Spanish tiles will be an excellent option for finishing your bathroom.
Technical characteristics of tile.
- One of the most important qualities is the wear resistance. Thanks to this characteristic, the tile will have resistance to abrasion, which will maintain its attractive view of a long period. This parameter is PEI, has five classification groups:
- I – Easy operation is allowed (designers recommend using such tiles for wall decoration);
- Ii – styling of such a tile for walls or sex in the bathroom;
- Iii – suitable for installation inside residential premises;
- IV – has higher performance, it can be used to finish residential rooms, as well as for stairs, corridors;
- V – the durable and rack ceramic tile.
Water absorption – mandatory characteristic for the tile, which will be laid during the lining of pools and bathrooms.
- Resistance to sharp temperature drops. This characteristic depends on how porous tile. Despite the firing, each detail has pores that appear from the evaporation of residual moisture, from the output of a variety of gases that occur during high-temperature chemical reactions.
- Cracking. This characteristic indicates the appearance of small cracks in the coating. Unfortunately, such a defect can manifest itself on the tile until it is laying. In case the defect manifested itself after it was laid, it suggests that the technology of laying ceramic tiles was not observed and the main installation requirements were violated.
- Slip resistance. Due to this, it becomes clear how much the surface can prevent the alignment of the subject that is on it. Particularly relevant characteristic for flooring bathrooms, where it often happens. Sliply.
- Chemical stability. This indicator shows how much enamel is stable upon contact with chemistry. High-quality tile must withstand contact with washing and cleaning agents that use almost every hostess to maintain cleanliness indoors.
- Tile tone is a color, saturation of each material that may differ from what is stated. Often the manufacturer indicates the tone with the help of letters or numbers on each package of goods. Caliber – Real Size Products. The error is allowed from the nominal only a couple of millimeters. It is recommended to check the tile immediately before laying on the data coincidence on the package with the actual dimensions.
- Resistance to bend. The technical indicator indicates how much load tile can withstand without destruction.
- Tensile strength. This indicator provides the consumer information about which load is able to withstand this ceramic tile. Product thickness is important here.
- Surface hardness – shows how much ceramic tile is resistant to cracks, damage or scratches. Has a scale from one to ten. On matte products, scratches are less noticeable than on glossy counterparts.
- Drops of temperature regimes. This characteristic shows how much the surface of the enamel is able to withstand visible temperature differences and not crack.
Manufacturers and reviews
The modern market for finishing materials offers consumers to choose from several Spanish manufacturers of the best.
Absolut Keramika Cobsa
Manufacturer from Spain, which prefers to produce ceramics in a small format. Ideal for designs in the style of the Victorian era, country or classics.
Manufacturer company who specializes in the production of products using exclusively natural and eco-friendly materials.
Specializes in the production of elite materials for bathrooms. This brand has proven itself as a manufacturer of finishing materials for creating noble and aristocratic designs.
The most common collections of “Ape Ceramica Allure”, “Carpicho de Los Zares”, “Biselado” and others.
Popular brand in the European Union. Offers a wide selection among porcelain books and ceramic tiles for decoration of bathrooms.
It is considered one of the most innovative enterprises that are particularly taken by raw materials for the production of products.
Once a quarter tries to please his consumers with new catalogs with the most fashionable proposals on finishing materials. All products of this manufacturer are fairly easy to find out on interesting and memorable textures and colors.
Factory producing tiles for bathrooms with beautiful and easily recognizable prints.
Also manufacturers of high-quality products are Pacific companies from Mainzu, Baldocer, Gaudi, Caledonia.
The floor of the bathroom, which is lined with a tile from Spain, has increased wear-resistance, and is also not afraid of any mechanical damage or chemical effects using abrasive cleaning products.
No wonder for a long time, Spanish ceramic tiles are considered the standard of quality products. The entire segment is successfully located in the middle price range, so such material is available to almost every consumer. The most vivid option of the ideal ratio of price-quality can be considered CERDOMUS products.
Such a ceramic tile is quite practical, has a long service life, which benefits it to allocate it among other manufacturers. Thanks to simple and fast laying, more and more buyers prefer precisely this tile.
When choosing ceramics, pay attention to how it is the grade – the first, second or third. Depending on this, the cost per unit will vary either per meter square. When choosing a material in an apartment or in the house, always consider the characteristic of the room where it is intended: bathroom, bathroom, kitchen. For the room, where there will be a sufficiently large number of visitors (for example, for a guest bathroom or a corridor), give preference to cafes, which is resistant to mechanical impacts, and will also have a certain burrming resistance.
Spanish tile has its own distinctive signs and color.
Special design that we can detect in incredible ornaments or color combinations of ceramic tiles. Today, beige tiles are quite popular.
The highest level of quality tile production and excellent specifications.
How to choose a ceramic tile, look in the following video.