Modern industrial style “Loft” came to us from America. He originated when industrial premises began to use both homes and apartments. The decor in this direction is very popular among lovers of modern decors. This style attracts originality and expressiveness.
Design is used both as a solid composition and in the form of individual parts. Stylishly and attractively looking ceiling in the style of “Loft”.
Initially, it is necessary to briefly familiarize yourself with the main characteristics of the Loft style, based on which you can create a certain element in the apartment.
- Ventilation, pipes, frames, backups and other industrial objects are presented as accents. For greater expressiveness, they are painted. The perfect room resembles a plant or warehouse shop.
- Decor for space. Often spend redevelopment, getting rid of most walls. For Loft, studio apartment are ideal.
- Finishing materials should have a special texture: rubbing, roughness, small chips and other. It is interesting to look the effect of surface composition.
- For wall decoration and ceiling often use brick or stone. Moreover, it can be both natural material and skillful imitation.
- “Loft” is based on minimalism. Furniture and decorative elements should be less, and natural light and lightness – more.
- To decorate the walls, light gamma is mainly used. The common palette consists of paints such as gray, white, black, brown, as well as their shades.
Design Options for Compact Rooms
Designers have developed a set of ceiling design ideas in Loft Stylistics. Registration for typical buildings with low ceilings.
- Simplicity. Simple decoration without the use of additional elements always remains relevant. Painting the ceiling of simple water-level paint – a profitable and easy way to create a stylish ceiling in an industrial direction in the apartment. Do not forget to pre-serve the surface. Best Colors – White and Light Gray. Minus such a variant – a long and painstaking process of alignment of the ceiling to an ideally level state.
- Use of finished elements. Beams, fittings and other parts placed on the ceiling will play an important role in creating a decor in the direction of Loft. For the expressiveness of the design use the backlight, placed around the perimeter of the surface. Paint frame the edges of the ceiling, and the middle do not touch. You can also handle the surface with putty.
- Brick. Brickwork, turning onto the wall, looks stylish and effectively. Such a method is ideal for clearing the room in a compact apartment. The element will be key and will attract attention.
- Primer. In the modern direction will be wonderful to look for textured ceilings. It can be plastered or projected surfaces. You can also use the paint in a concrete shade. Complement the composition with the help of lighting devices suitable for interior stylistics. Industrial lamps are often placed in the room.
The main thing during the repair to use high-quality finishing materials. This is a guarantee of a qualitative result that will continue for many years.
- Stretch ceiling. Such technology is used in the industrial style rarely, but there is a place to be. The product will give the atmosphere of comfort and comfort. It is recommended to choose the matte cloth of a gray shade or a metallic color.
- Wood. The ceiling of boards or wooden panels is remarkably suitable for Loft decoration. Wood can be applied both natural and paint or varnished. In small rooms it is desirable to use white beams.
For convenience, instead of boards often choose wooden panels. Such a decor will not only decorate the room, and will also increase the noise insulation in the room and create an eco-friendly environment.
Based on large rooms, designers have more opportunities for registration.
- Details. Sometimes industrial elements are placed on the ceiling specially. On the large surfaces of them create rhythmic compositions that attach the atmosphere of speakers. Also, decorators often use beam overlaps.
- Lines. The ceiling decorated with lines will make the decor more attractive and original. These elements should not be straight, stylishly looks for broken lines. Original decorative reception – broken ceiling in combination with overlaps or wooden beams. This design is ideal for corner buildings.
- Suspended ceiling. This is the original design method that is suitable for rooms with high ceilings. The design is a combination of metal products and drywall. Pros of this option: durability, reliability, practicality and expressiveness. Cons: high cost, complex installation, which can not be carried out independently.
- Combination. Colorfully and attractively looks tandem of metal pipes of various dimensions and winged fans. These can also add several factory lamps. All these elements are characteristic of Loft style. Fans of extraordinary stylistic decisions designers offer compatible incompatible. For example, accommodate the ceiling in the center of the chic chandelier framed by industrial elements. The contrast of the glamorous lamp and the coarse brutal background will not be ignored.
We looked at the most common and popular options. You have the opportunity to choose any of them for your home.
If you have due experience and the necessary set of tools, you can try to make repairs with your own hands. For complex design it is better to invite specialists.
Before starting decorating the ceiling, it is necessary to choose correctly not only the method, but also color design. You should choose one of the recommended colors, which harmoniously fits into the modern style.
- Black. This color is used as the main rare, only on the basis of spacious rooms with a sufficient volume of natural and artificial lighting. Otherwise black – the best color for elements on a light background.
- White. Classic and Universal Color. Due to the special properties, it is used for an angular ceiling of attic or a small room. With it will be wonderful to combine industrial elements in a dark and metal color.
- Grey. For the design of the ceiling in the style of “Loft” suitable for any shade: from light gray to a saturated dark. This is a neutral tone that will create a calm and pacifying atmosphere in the room. Bright shades of gray better choose for small rooms.
- Metal colors. Metal tones are ideal for clearance of the ceiling in the style of “Loft”, as well as painting individual elements. Most often used bronze and copper colors. Such colors such as metallic, silver, steel, aluminum will be appropriate. Professional decorators successfully combine different colors of this category, creating original shades.
- Brick. Brick finishing color combines red and brown. If one of the walls are framed by brick, then such a ceiling decoration will be harmoniously merged with the wall, creating an expressive design. Color will dilute a monochon and neutral color gamut of gray, black and white.
Loft draws attention to the originality and amazing industrial elements, but at the same time can push away the calm color palette. In this case, use bright color accents. It can be furniture objects, textile elements or decor.
Universal color used in various stylistics: from classic to modern. We will get acquainted with the idea to reorganize the ceiling completely in black and consider the benefits of this design.
- Black color looks spectacular. He gives the decor of chic, delight and refinement.
- Harmoniously looks with other paints and shades, regardless of their saturation.
- The room acquires the original appearance. This color will not be ignored.
- The ceiling, painted black, is ideal for any room in the house, be it kitchen, bedroom, living room, hall or hallway.
What you need to take into account during the decor:
- This option is suitable only for ceilings with a height of 3 meters and above.
- Undesirable to use in rooms with narrow windows.
- When lighting lighting, it is necessary to establish a sufficient number of lamps.
- For greater expressiveness, frame the ceiling around the perimeter of white or any other light paint. This will help get rid of the effect of gloominess.
- Before starting to paint the ceiling in black, you must carefully read the rules for using such a reception.
We were not mentioned about the ceiling of concrete in the general list, because it is necessary to tell about it separately. Ceiling decor concrete – Favorite among decor options in the direction of “Industrial”. Such finishing material will create the necessary effect of stay in the industrial workshop.
If desired, the ceiling can be handled by paint, giving the surface the required color. Concrete coating perfectly harmonizes with pipes, lattices, backups, ventilation and other elements. In addition to paint, you can use a special varnish. Patent coating will give the interior of the grace and gloss.
Experts allocate such advantages of the above design:
- Ecology. Concrete mixture is completely safe and environmentally friendly. The material includes only natural components, such as stone, sand, water, and so on.
- Durability. Decorated for all the rules of the ceiling will serve for a long time, glad the tenants of the house. Concrete demonstrates resistance to external negative factors. It’s durable and wear-resistant material. Experts advise that the ceiling is the hard concrete for the ceiling, as it preserves the form better and does not spread. Also, the material remarkably keeps the form after laying.
- Price. This is not only practical, as well as profitable option. However, do not choose the cheapest concrete mix – from its quality will be drilled the appearance of the ceiling and its service life.
- Universality. Such a decor will be appropriate to look in various rooms at home, be it a bedroom, kitchen or bathroom.
It’s time to get acquainted with the materials that are actively used to decorate the surface of the ceiling, from which you can create expressive structures.
- Lining. Flat and wide boards.
- Metal. Metal details.
- Grid. Small or large.
- False beams. Special elements, empty inside.
Examples in the interior
- Concrete gray ceiling. The stylistics fits both the material and its color. Registration is harmonized with brighter wall decoration and dark color of the floor.
- Spectacular decoration using natural wood. From the boards, designers created a rhythmic design. The color of the material was left natural.
- Design with wooden panels and boards. The overall design is supplemented with pipes, metal elements and wires.
- Red brick ceiling in the kitchen. Contrast Reception: Rough Finishing and Elegant Chandelier.
Review of the original interior in the style of Loft See in the following video.