In the process of conducting various installation works, a large number of fasteners are required. Common option are bolts. Such elements are often used when installing plumbing equipment. Today we will talk about what features these clamps are possessed, and what kinds they can be.
Plumbing bolts are small fasteners with a hex hats and frequent carvings on a metal rod. The central part has a cylindrical design.
Such bolts are easy to replace if necessary. You can easily install them independently and dismantle as opposed to welding connections. Currently, we produce a huge variety of such elements depending on the size of the head, the thread steps, the class of strength and accuracy of execution. As a rule, these varieties are used for durable secantix equipment in wooden bases.
Plumbing bolts can have a different execution. So, in the form of a metal rod, they can be divided into several separate groups.
- One diameter rod. In this case, the central part of the product has one value of the diameter over its entire length. This species is the most common.
- Structure rod. This type is a product that the central part towards the end begins to narrow, it has a smaller diameter compared to the base of the fastener.
In the form of a central rod, plumbing bolts can be divided into other types. So, they differ in the magnitude of the thread. It can be located all over the length of the product. On some models, the carving takes only a certain part. In this case, the diameter of the part with a thread and without it, as a rule, the same. Sometimes a special headrest is located on the rod – it provides a stronger fixation of plumbing equipment.
Bolts can be classified by different groups and depending on the type of the hat.
- Universal option. It is a hexagon bolt. To tighten it quite ordinary keys. Products can be applied in almost any fields of construction. Today the so-called Glukhari are produced – these bolts also have a head in the form of a hexed turnkey element, while they do not have recesses in a twisting cap.
- Anchor variety. These bolts are better to use to fix the structures of large weight. They are distinguished by a huge variety of sizes and shapes. Anchor fasteners are used to install plumbers only sometimes, more often they are used for mounting window structures and suspended ceilings.
- Models with a secret head. After installation, they will almost not be visible, their head is fully inserted into the design, it will not be visible above the surface. The end of the models is absolutely flat. It has small slots designed to twist a screwdriver. The diameter of the head is always slightly more compared to the diameter of the rod.
- Eye bolt. This species is used when it is necessary to ensure the most durable and resistant compound for large loads. Ry-bolt instead of head has a special ring that acts as a fastener.
Plumbing bolts differ from each other by the type of thread and step.
- Metric models. They have a view of a bolt with a large screw thread, which is applied to the outside of the product. All the protrusions and grooves at the same time form a figure similar to an equilibried triangle. The parameters of this thread are calculated in millimeters, so it received such a name.
- Inch Samples. Such models have a triangular profile. But, in contrast to the previous version, their parameters are measured in inches.
- Trapezoidal bolts. Products have ledges and depressions in the form of a trapezoid. Such a configuration makes it possible to create a significant strength of friction, which does not allow fastening yourself to unscrew after installation.
- Rectangular. Such models have a frequent thread and a head in the form of a small rectangle. They are used for fixing plumbing large masses.
- Stubborn models. These fasteners are better used at elevated loads from the side. In the section they have a form of a rectangular triangle.
They have a frequent thread, it goes along the entire length of the rod.
Plumbing bolts may vary depending on the material from which they are created. As a rule, only durable metals and their alloys are used for their production. The most common options are various types of high quality and durable steel.
Other components are often added to alloys: sulfur, phosphorus, carbon and manganese. These elements make the basis more durable and resistant, increase product durability.
Often, ready-made bolts are also covered with protective compositions that prevent corrosion appearance on the surface of parts. Special white zinc is most often used as such a coating.
He will be able to protect the locks practically from any harmful atmospheric influences.
Plumbing bolts can be performed in different sizes. These parameters play an important role when choosing fasteners. The diameter of fasteners can vary from 8 to 48 millimeters.
Standard values for such elements are: 8×120, 8×100, 10×100, 8×80, 8×60 mm. But there are also models with enlarged parameters: 10×120, 10×200, 12×300 mm.
Tips for use
So that plumbing equipment can lastly listen to, it should be carefully carried out. Fasteners play a primary role.
Before installing, carefully view the surface of the fasteners. It should not be any irregularities and other defects, otherwise it can strongly affect the quality of work. Designs bonded by poor-quality connections will not be able to last.
To properly tighten the bolt in the equipment, you will need to apply significant physical efforts.
But at the same time, it is impossible to allow fasteners to be too tightened, otherwise it can lead to a breakdown of the retainer itself.
About why in your house needs expensive plumbing, you can learn from the video below.