Modern consumers often want to decorate their interior furniture, doors and other life objects produced from a natural tree. Since the natural raw material is quite expensive, and also has a large mass, the finish is often carried out by a veneer.
What it is?
Deep delusion is considered to be the opinion that veneer is a kind of artificial finishing material. Natural veneer is a decorated wood leaf that was cut out of the array and saved the pattern of the breed. It is realized in the form of plates, which have a thickness of up to 1-2 cm. This finishing material is produced using special modern technologies.
The main difference between the natural veneer from the restored is the bright severity of the wood pattern texture. Also, natural material can be recognized using tactile sensations. PVC film usually reminds all familiar plastic.
The implementation of this type of coating occurs in the dried, polished form with the already applied protective coating.
Advantages and disadvantages
Natural wood veneer has many preferential characteristics, thanks to which consumers often choose. This coating is rarely spoiled by the influence of negative environmental factors, it does not prone to cracking. The advantages of the material with a seamless texture are:
- Attractive appearance and aesthetics;
- Environmental safety (in the composition of the veneer there is about 75% of natural wood, so it can be used without concerns when making the interior of any of the rooms, in particular, children’s);
- a wide range of shades;
- High strength and reliability;
- Long service life.
If the veneer was used for a long time, then it can be renovated. Furniture and door structures that are decorated with this coating are cheaper, but at the same time are characterized by special practicality. This type of cover has practically no shortcomings. Cons of the material can be considered what it can deteriorate under the influence of moisture.
Specialists also argue that natural veneer is subject to scratches, so it should be protected from animals.
Numerous wood breeds can be used to make veneer of different textures. After the manufacturing process, the manufacturer gets white, creamy, light brown, chocolate, golden, caramel, purple and bright pink sheets.
Depending on which technology does the manufacturer uses, varieties of natural veneer are highlighted.
- Lutch. Sheet goods are implemented as a thin material with a thickness not exceeding 5 mm. Inexpensive veneer is made of birch, aspen, okhov. Good demand is characterized by a beech sheet, which is often used during the manufacture of combined material.
- The planed type is produced by a thickness of up to 1 cm. Its obtaining occurs using the processing of knives of the harvested material. Machine plates can have a different texture and drawing. In this case, the production occurs in the production of cedar, fir, beech, grab.
- Sawn material belongs to the most expensive. Its production occurs due to the use of special saws. During the process, only coniferous breeds are used. The thickness of the sawn sheet ranges from 5 to 12 mm. In addition to the fact that all the above goods can be found on the market, often consumers prefer the lamel veneer, nodule, as well as Fine Line. The latter is often confused with plastic. However, it is made by pressing the lobby plates in large blocks.
Natural veneer make from different breeds of wood.
- Oak. Usually grows in Europe and America, as well as in wetlands. Oak is characterized by durability and durability. The finishing material from this breed will be able to fit well in the interior, so it is made by parquet, the door and furniture structures are manufactured. Oak veneer can be painted from white to brown.
- Nut. Natural walnut veneer produce from American, California, European breeds. Color sheets for finishing often brown.
- Maple It happens a folded, figure and European type. Maple veneer is characterized by almost white wood, but sometimes you can meet in a brown shade.
- Cherry. American and European cherry can be found in red-brown. Usually it is used for the manufacture of elite models of furniture designs.
- Wenge is wood african trees. Of exotic rocks produce a decorative high quality coating. Material from Wenge has a dark brown.
Often for the manufacture of natural veneer manufacturer uses alder, larch, pine, cedar. Also do this high-quality coating can be made of mahogany and valuable ebony. In order to make a decent quality material, pick up wood, in which the minimum number of knots and moves with a resin, but also there is also no ingrown bark and large cracks. Prepare logs by eliminating the bark, cleaning the upper damaged surface and cutting it into large ridges.
Depending on how the next processing process is, the chumbage can be divided into small fractions. In order to softening and adjusting the shade of wood, over the course of several days, after which it is carried out in hot liquid. Such processing is unacceptable for maple, because it is considered a capricious breed. For the manufacture of powders carry out a tree voyage through the machine. Fresh layers are dried, sorted, lay out packs and cut.
Since Veneer is a light natural material, which has the characteristics of the real tree, he found its application in many branches of life and industry. The thin lush canvas found its use in the manufacture of a match and other packaging, puff plywood species. Veneered panels are almost indispensable to cladding MDF bases, chipboard, drywall and partitions.
Veneer sheets are used during the restoration of old furniture and other plane. Often planed veneer furniture facade, door leaf, floor covering, decor elements, sports and household equipment. A sawn type veneer has found its use in the production of various objects of art, expensive types of furniture, tools, arches, souvenirs and even boxes.
A unique drawing of a natural veneer is used when creating an inlay in the Marquetry technique. Also, it can be found on a wooden facade. Make a natural veneer surface finish will not be enough, as it is still required to care. In order to increase the service life of the material, it is worth following the following rules.
- do not clean the surface with abrasive substances, a rigid metal brush, alkaline or acidic solution;
- Do not wet a veneered product with plenty of water, not to put pressure on sharp objects, not to clean with the blade;
- If the shelf or a table top is covered with a veneer, it is not recommended to put too hot dishes on it, in this case it is worth using the substrate;
- Removal of stains and pollution needs to be carried out with a sponge, a piece of suede fabric or a brush with a mild pile;
- A painted or lacquered surface is recommended to wipe the polyrol;
- To eliminate fat from the surface, you can use alcohol based appliance;
- Ink is worth removing with the stationery gum.
If a veneered surface has lost its shine, then the situation can fix its painting with special paint or varnish. Natural veneer is a modern type of high-quality material that can be a worthy alternative tree. Currently, it is pretty popular, as it has good performance and does not create difficulties in care.
The safety of this material is proved by experts, so it can be used in the rooms of any destination, with the exception of bathrooms, saunas.
In the next video you are waiting for the manufacture of royal countertops from a natural veneer with their own hands.