When processing wood with the help of a power tool, the problem of exact sawing. Unfortunately, even modern disk models can not boast of perfectly performed work. This is due to the inability to make due control over the position of the cutting tool relative to the product being processed. To solve the problem of the accuracy of sawing was invented and launched into the production of submersible circular saw, which immediately won popularity among woodworking masters and became the leader of sales.
What it is?
The submersible saw is a type of electrical disk saw and is intended for cutting wooden surfaces not only from the edge, but from the middle of the workpiece. The feature of the device is the ability to control the depth of the depth, which is carried out by means of the disk location in a given position relative to the support plate.
Thanks to the adjustment mechanism, the depth washed can be exhibited up to a millimeter, which cannot be achieved using a conventional tool.
The principle of the immersion saw is simple enough and is as follows: The operator sets the desired depth and the desired tilt of the working disk. Then the tool is turned on, removed from the lock, introduced into the wood and gently lead along the marked line. When the motor starts, the working shaft starts to rotate together with the disk installed on it and cuts the surface. Many modern models of submersible saws are equipped with a speed adjustment function, due to which the speed of revolutions can be changed depending on the type of material being processed.
At the end of work, when pressure on the disk weakens, the cutting unit is rising in the upper position and hides behind the sole. The application of submersible saws is quite wide. The tool is used for the manufacture of furniture, cutting grooves, cutting out curly opening and gutters in wooden products, as well as when repairing roofs and working with laminated materials.
The submersible circular saw in its structure is slightly different from the usual disk tool and is equipped with a specialized node. So, the accuracy of the execution of cutting and the absence of a backlash provides a complex precision mechanism, significantly increasing the value of the instrument. Otherwise, the design of the saw is similar to the basic models. The device from a durable case, where the electric motor is located, when operating the torque is transmitted to a special shaft. On this shaft there is a locking device, reliably holding a working drive and not allowing it to be shifted relative to the shaft axis.
The saw blade, being in a non-working position, is under the protective casing and is located in one plane with the mounting sole. This design allows you to more accurately position the tool on the working surface in comparison with conventional circular models. All controls are located on one panel, which makes work with the device very comfortable and understandable.
Some models of submersible saws are equipped with two discs at once, which allows you to cut the board of any width, performing two cuts in one run at once.
All devices without exception are equipped with spring-loaded lower base, thanks to which when the cutting disk is hit on a nail or other third-party element, the device will be stopped on time. The features of the device submersible saws can also be attributed to the function of the slope of the disc, which is especially convenient if necessary for the manufacture of products of complex configuration.
In addition to the standard design and traditional set of functions, many modern devices often have additional options. The principal impact on the work of the saws, they do not, however, make it use more convenient and safe. Among them, it is possible to highlight the backlight, the number of revolutions, line of different sizes and chips, forcibly removal products.
Advantages and disadvantages
High consumer demand for submersible saws and Positive reviews of professionals are due to the number of important advantages of this equipment.
- The ability to perform longitudinal and transverse cuts significantly expands the scope of use of such models and allows you to perform complex curly cuts. The only restriction when drinking non-standard figures is a radius of rounding. For submersible saws, he should not be too small.
- Due to the most accurate positioning of the cutting disc relative to the working surface, the cutting of the material is made with jewelry accuracy, which can no longer have any kind of saw.
- Due to the features of the location of the working disk, the submersible saw can be operated directly near the wall than simple circular boasts can not.
- Due to the equipment of all submersible models, the chisty disk, the heap edges are obtained by absolutely smooth and neat. The formation of burstles, roughness and small cracks excluded.
- Due to the equipment of many models of the guide bus, the geometry of the formed cutting is not disturbed and the cutting of wood occurs as accurately as possible. In addition, to prevent the transverse light of the saw blade, the design of the tool provides for the presence of special eccentric.
- The cleanliness of the workplace when working with the submersible saw is due to the presence of chips, which instantly pulls the resulting sawdust and fine wood dust.
- High power, component of 1000 W and above, allows you to paint wooden billets with a thickness of 6 or more centimeters. In addition, with the help of the submersible model, it is possible to saw the plastic and plexiglass, although the main specialization of the tool is woodworking.
- Many models are equipped with stepless adjustment of the cut angle, which is carried out using a screw mechanism. This allows you to quickly and as much as possible to measure the desired angle and no less accurately produce it.
- High safety of the use of devices is due to the fact that most of the models are equipped with double protective insulation, electronic protection of the motor from overload and the function of stabilization of speed at high loads.
However, as well as from any other electrical tool, the shortcomings of submersible models also have. The minuses include too high, in comparison with conventional disk saws, cost and complexity with transverse solving too narrow blanks, if their width does not exceed the support part of the saw.
What are there?
Classification of submersible models occurs in several features, the main of which is the method of powering the device. According to this criterion, devices are divided into two types: Network and rechargeable. Network models operate from the source of electrical power supply and have a higher capacity and performance. To the advantages of such models include the absence of the need for regular charging of the battery and a small weight. The disadvantages include the impossibility of using the tool in the field, as well as in any other places where there is no electricity is either difficult access to the outlet. Rotation frequency in network models varies within 4-5 thousand rpm, and the average power is about 2 kW.
Rechargeable models operate from the battery and are slightly inferior in power with network samples. One charge of acb is enough for about 50 minutes, which forces the process to interrupt the process and spend time charging. Exit from the situation can be a shift battery that allows for some time to continue. The battery voltage is usually 36 V, and the number of engine speed ranges from 2500 to 6,300 rpm and depends on the model. The depth of cutting in such devices varies from 38 to 60 mm.
Another difference criterion is the size and weight of models. For this feature, mini-saws, models of the middle class and heavy units. Weight indicators directly depend on the power of the engine and the type of power supply. The more powerful the product, the more weighs.
What is different from circular?
The main difference of the submersible saw from the traditional lies in the location of the disk. It immediately rushes into the eyes and does not allow you to confuse the model. If the ordinary saw is, even though it is closed on top of a protective casing, but it is still well visible from below, then in the submersible models it is located above the sole level and completely covered with a cover. The horizontal position of the disk relative to the sole is different: in the submersible saws, it is as much as possible to the edge, while in ordinary it is almost in the middle.
The next difference is the principle of performance. So, when using traditional models, the fooling starts from the edge of the workpiece, then it can be started with submersible models from any place. To do this, it is enough just to set the desired depth parameters of the cut, unlock the “head”, equipped with a spring mechanism, and put the device exactly to the place where you need to deepen in the wood. After the disk is plunge into the material, you must smoothly keep the device in the outlined line.
Another distinguishing feature of the immersion saw is the presence of a tire. This allows you to perform smooth trimming of edges on long boards, which cannot be achieved with the help of a conventional circular, despite the presence of one parallel.
It should be noted in the immersion saws of the anti-slip liner and discs “Clean res”, thanks to which it is possible to form an absolutely smooth surface of the spike and completely eliminate the formation of chips.
How to choose?
Before you go to the store for the submersible saw, you need to make sure of it once again. This equipment is more intended for professional use, so when choosing a model for the house, as well as if rare use, it is better to stop your choice on classic circular products.
If the decision to purchase a submersible saw is already accepted, then when it is elected, it is recommended to take into account a number of important factors.
- You should decide on the type of power model. So, if the device is bought for the construction of the house, on the plot of which there is no electricity, then you should choose a battery model. Despite the lower, in comparison with network models, operational characteristics, with its task, the instrument completely copes and saws the wood no worse than its electric fellow.
- The following selection criterion should be the power of the device. So, for home use, you can limit the models with power up to one kilowatta, while for professional equipment it is better to choose a 2.5 kilowat engine. It is also necessary to pay attention to the presence of an emergency shutdown mechanism, which will prevent the engine overheating due to the abrupt increases.
We will optionally check the convenience of control and configuration mechanisms, as well as make sure that service centers and the availability of spare parts of a particular model.
- Another parameter for which special attention should be paid is the ergonomic model. And despite the fact that most devices are equipped with a convenient non-slip handle, it is better to hold the tool in the hands and try it.
- It is necessary to familiarize yourself with the review of the technical characteristics of different models and with a rating of popularity. It will be useful and read reviews about the selected model, as well as compare the cost of devices in different stores. The latest recommendation is due to the fact that the price of the instrument and so considerable, and, taking into account the cheating of dealers, may even more increase.
Makita SP 6000 submersible saw overview See next video.