When installing the floor covering, the construction of the walls is most often used by the plinth, which hides all irregularities around the edges. In this case, such additional elements allow us to make a general design much more aesthetic. Currently, special connecting plinths are considered a popular option. Today we will talk about the main features of such details and what kind of varieties they can be.
Conneeling plinths are made of PVC special polymer. They are usually attached to a special glue composition. Such finishing elements are fixed in the angle between the floor covering and the wall. At the same time, they create a neat and smooth transition of linoleum on wall covering.
These types of plinths will prevent the clogging in the gap of dust and the other garbage, since instead they will actually simply be a continuous smooth transition of finishing coatings.
Conneeling materials will make cleaning as easy as possible. After all, during her garbage, it will not fly away under the plinth and clog it. Dirt will not be copied in the corners, because they will be a little twisted.
Conneeling plinths can be of various types. We highlight the most common varieties.
- Two-stroke. This model consists of two component elements: the final edge, as well as the profile that is fixed in the corner. In this case, the base is made of soft PVC. Two-storey details can be released with different sizes. The final edge of products is made of hard PVC, it can be framed in a variety of colors.
- Combined. Such a plinth has excellent strength, it is a product with a smooth radius, which is fastened with the edge into a single element. The height of the combined model may vary from 5 to 15 centimeters, but predominantly apply a sample with a height of 10 centimeters. Such varieties allow you to immediately start the floor covering on the wall and fix it all the edge.
- Three-stroke. Such plinth models consist of a connecting profile, one edge from a special plank, fixing on a wall coating at a certain height, and a different edge of a fixing type that creates the edge of the linoleum wall.
Also such plinths may differ from each other depending on the material from which they are produced. But most often for their manufacture, various types of plastics are used, but aluminum models are found.
Conneeling plinths are currently produced in a variety of colors, so you can easily choose the most suitable model for almost any room. It is recommended to acquire the plinth and linoleum at the same time to accurate coloring. Most often in stores you can see products decorated in gray, beige, brown, black and pure white colors.
When choosing a color should be taken into account some nuances. So, remember that if in the room dark floors, but light walls, it is better to choose the detail under the color of the floor covering or a little lighter.
If there is light floors in the room, then the plinth must be the same shade.
When imitation of natural wood is used as an outdoor coating, it is recommended to select a construct with solid color, this will create a visual boundary between wall and floor coatings. When choosing a plinth in cases where the walls and gears are decorated in the same either similar colors, preference should be given to the color of the ceiling coating. Sometimes used varieties under the color of the furniture.
Where are applied?
Such plinths are used for soft flooring. As a rule, they are purchased for linoleum to complete the finishing room.
For solid material (parquet board, laminate) Such elements are usually not applied.
How and on what glue glue?
Such plinths are fixed using special adhesive masses. Highlight the most popular models of such mixtures.
- Titan Wild Universal. This glue model allows the most firmly and securely connect the details. In its composition, it has special polymers that improve its characteristics, no additional fillers in it. If necessary, excess substances can be easily removed, while there will be no divorces on the surface. This option refers to the budget category, it will afford almost any consumer.
- “Eco-inlet”. This glue is absolutely transparent. Like the previous version, it has a low cost. The model also allows you to securely glue parts. This composition is considered absolutely safe for humans, there are no harmful additives and fillers. All excess can be easily removed from materials.
- Europlast. This adhesive composition perfectly connects various types of structures. It can easily withstand temperature differences. The glue itself is an elastic mass, with which it is quite convenient to work. Europlast is sold in packages in the form of elongated cartridges, it has a detailed instruction on the housing.
- Uranus. This glue for the plinth will create the maximum strong and durable connection. It contains in its composition special synthetic rubber and organic solvents. Such adhesive mixture has a viscous consistency, which is convenient to apply to materials. Mass has a light pink color, but in the process of solidification, it becomes completely transparent. But it should be remembered that the frozen of such a composition can occupy a considerable amount of time (7-8 hours), and also that the temperature limit of use is only +17 degrees.
Glue is applied to the inside side of the plank. Do it follows small waves or just point. In this form, the plinth is most closely pressed against the surface and hold for a few seconds. You should not apply too much adhesive mixture. Otherwise you will have to remove all the excess excess until the time when the mass completely freezes.
Watch the video about the installation of the connecting plinth.