The external attractiveness of the dwelling is a very important aspect for a country house, but do not forget about the protective properties of the external finish of the facade. Popular way – decorative plastering has a number of features that need to be considered when making an exterior of its estate.
Features and characteristics
A large private house needs a beautiful, affordable, environmentally friendly and protective design. Such requirements are responsible for decorative facade plaster. This coating can be applied without special application skills, you just need to adhere to technology.
There are a number of features of the facade of the facade with decorative plaster:
- Thanks to UV protection, paint does not fade longer and retains an attractive look;
- The material is resistant to temperature drops, it is not afraid of strong frosts, perfectly transfers wet and hot climate;
- Facade plaster does not deteriorate and does not change its properties from rain, snow, wind;
- The finishing material has good ventilation properties, allows everything to “breathe” all over the house;
- does not have harmful impurities, so plaster is safe for human health;
- The solution can be applied to any wall material – concrete, stone, cement, plasterboard or over another plaster;
- The plastered walls can be easily repainted in different colors, combine shades, combine them between themselves;
- Changing the method of application, you can achieve different textures and relief.
It is also worth noting that such material is repairable. In the case of the formation of chips, cracking can be eliminated by the defect directly at the site of its appearance, which, for example, is impossible in the case of facade cladding siding. You just need to apply a fresh layer of plaster in the place of its damage.
Types and properties
Distinguish different types of facade plaster. Depending on raw materials, this material has different properties that need to be considered when choosing a particular product. Before proceeding with facade cladding, the main criteria should be explored.
Mineral plaster is distinguished by low cost, produced in bags. Prevailing Substance – Cement.
Such material has undeniable advantages:
- Mineral plaster perfectly “breathes” and is able to miss steam and moisture, which destructively affect the supporting structures and partitions.
- The material does not make it possible to multiply fungus and mold.
- Does not burn and does not ignite.
- Choosing a mineral plaster, you can be sure that it does not crack and does not take place after drying.
- The material has a high degree of frost resistance and moisture resistance.
- You can study the facade at any temperatures.
- No additional care is required.
- No harmful effect on human health.
There are also disadvantages that are important to consider:
- The substance is produced in dry bags. Before starting work, you must dilute the mixture. From how the proportions were observed, the suitability of the material will depend on.
- It is not always possible to independently carry out facing work. This requires a certain skill and experience.
- Not all colors are suitable for tinting and not any paints. By itself, the material is dark, painted with difficulty. It is necessary to make staining in several layers, which increases costs.
- The material does not tolerate vibration fluctuations.
- Different with a minor service life. Guaranteed – 10 years.
The composition of such plaster adds special silicone resin, which has a high degree of elasticity. Manufacturers offer to buy a ready-made mixture that you do not need to breed.
In addition, there are a number of advantages:
- The elasticity of the material allows you to fill the cracks arising when landing.
- Does not allow multiplying fungi and mold.
- Perfectly pushes moisture, does not allow her to penetrate inside.
- However, perfectly misses couples.
- Resistant to low and high temperatures.
- There are two ways to apply: manual and mechanical.
- Perfectly interacts with the surface to be applied.
- There is no unpleasant smell.
- Is a durable finishing material. Guaranteed service life is 25 years.
The only significant minus of silicone plaster can be called its high cost.
The basis of a silicate mix – liquid glass. Such plaster should be applied outside buildings that are insulated with mineral wool slabs or polystyrene foam, it is suitable for overlapping from aerated concrete or gas-silicate blocks. Sold in the finished form.
The advantages of the material:
- This material is not electrostatical.
- It has an average level of elasticity, but fills the cracks from shrinkage well.
- The degree of vapor permeability is high.
- Has particles that are capable of repel water.
- You can dilute water.
- It is considered a durable facing material – up to 20 years.
However, silicate plaster is enough Caprip:
- Open bank dries quickly.
- Before applying the composition, it is necessary to prepare the basis – to progress the surface. Additional manipulations increase the time of work.
- Requires certain skills and experience from the employee.
- It is not permissible to apply the finishing material at low temperatures, optimal weather conditions – 20 degrees above zero and humidity 60%.
- The expiration date is only 1-1.5 years for packaging integrity.
Based on the mixture – acrylic resin. Material is sold already in finished form, it is not required to breed. Advantages:
- Thanks to the acrylic polymer, plaster as drying it becomes very strong, not afraid of mechanical impacts.
- Has high UV protection.
- Does not let moisture from rain and melting snow.
- Does not provoke fire and in principle does not burn.
- Quickly freezes and hardens, which allows you to quickly reach the result or go to apply the second layer or paint.
- Not afraid of strong temperature and humidity drops.
- It can be operated at any temperatures.
- Plaster is an elastic material that penetrates the slot from shrinkage, as well as the pores of the base. This characteristic allows the decorative material to get a good hitch with the surface to which it is applied.
- On the frozen acrylic mixtures you can apply almost any paint, achieve any color.
One of the minuses of this decorative finishing material is a high degree of electrostatic. Such a disadvantage leads to the fact that the walls attract dust and pollution.
In addition to utilitarian properties, plasterers have different decorative characteristics. There are different textures that can be achieved either by choosing singular mixtures or in the process of applying material.
This building material is a mixture of acrylic resin and natural stone crumb. This type of finishing material has widespread use: it can be used both to create an interior and exterior of the house. Different types of mosaic plaster are used to finish the external walls and base of the building.
Natural stones can be used at the heart: granite, marble, quartz, lags, malachite. Size of one granules ranges from 0.8 to 3 mm. After drying, the mixture is formed interesting to the touch surface with a special structure.
The mosaic mixture has a classification, it is divided into the following types:
- Local phrase: a large crumb is interferred in a mixture with a diameter of 1.5 to 3 mm;
- Mixes with medium or small fractions: from 0.9 to 1.5 mm;
- Thinotectural mixtures with granules size less than 0.9 mm.
Also, there is a classification of the type of stone used, for example, marble or malachite mosaic plaster mix.
The process of applying material is not considered easy, requires a definite qualification. Undesirable to independently take the case if there was no appropriate experience. In order to avoid the expense of the notch material, it is better to hire a specialist.
Structure and colors
Due to the possibility of creating a textured surface, a number of important issues are solved:
- Thanks to the uneven texture, small cracks become inconspicuous, and, moreover, such a surface is better to carry the voltage as opposed to smooth;
- Based on decorative purposes, you can pick up various ones and to the touch relief.
There are three most common types of structures:
- “fur coat”.
The first type received its name due to the fact that after applying to the prepared walls and drying the mixture, the effect is formed as if an extended zucom-core surface. This is achieved due to the fact that the composition of the material has special fractions with a diameter of 1.5-2 mm, which at the time of the grout form characteristic grooves.
This type of mixture has an finishing purpose and is designed for external finishing works, but due to excellent utilitarian qualities, it is often used for facing the inner walls of industrial premises.
The layer of application of the “Coroed” is small, only 1.5-2 mm, but do not forget that this coating is decorative, so applied to the already prepared surface.
The structure of “lames” is formed due to small rounded pebbles from dolomite, marble and quartz. Apply such a decorative material with a special construction chicketer or roller, which allow you to distribute the mixture evenly.
The surface of the walls on which the coat is applied, has a pleasant roughness and graininess. It includes a dolomite crumb size up to 3 mm. It is important that the applied layer does not exceed the thickness of the fraction size. The required structure is also achieved with a roller or semi-sash in the water.
Sometimes they add to the composition. This mixture with sparkles is overflowing on bright sunlight, very reviving the composition.
For staining of the facade of the building, you can choose absolutely any color. Often combine two or three colors for focusing architectural elements, such as pilaster, columns or base.
Building a house – the process is complex, long, costly for resources and forces, so it is important to pay attention not only to the quality of the material, but also the technologies of its competent use. Decorative street plaster is, first of all, the material from which decent external characteristics are required, it is the finish. Therefore, to apply it already on the prepared foundation.
Requirements for the foundation:
- Surface should be cleaned with dirt, dust to achieve better clutch.
- If wallpapers or old plaster are present on the wall, they should be removed.
- The prepared surface should be dry, not having ships and samples of the material.
- Before applying the finish coating, it is necessary to ensure the foundation of a flat surface without strong dents and cracks. A thin decorative layer will not be able to hide them.
If the walls do not meet the above requirements, their repair should be made:
- If there are cracks on the basis, they are filled with a sandy cement mixture with a spatula;
- The outer walls of the brick house are sweeping with alignment, plastering, ground;
- It is important to wait time until the walls are completely dry.
For applying textured decorative coatings, namely, to achieve the necessary effect A number of technological features should be taken into account:
- Mix the mixture should be poured full packaging. This rule must be observed to avoid settlement of fractions at the bottom of the package.
- The mixture is diluted with water, mixed with a construction mixer, withstands 5 minutes so that the particles absorb water, then stirred again.
- Working with the “core”, you can get the necessary furrows only after the layer of the finishing coating is a bit (10-15 minutes after applying).
- After that, a plastic grater should be pulled from top to bottom so that the dolomite crumb began to stretch behind it. If you do not wait time, the whole mixture crawls.
- “Koroned” should work “from the angle to the corner” so that the mixture did not have time to dry.
- With “fur coat” work easier. Texture is formed immediately by wet layer with a grater or roller.
- All finishing work should be completed within 3 hours, otherwise, due to drying water, the material begins to lose the properties of elasticity and can be badly clutching.
There are many firms and companies carrying out the production of outdoor decorative plaster. In various products, the composition is slightly different, which can lead to different degrees of material elasticity, as well as the change in its main properties. The effect of “Coroed”, “lamb” or “fur coat” from manufacturers can also change, since each company uses a dolomite crumb of different diameters.
The most famous domestic and foreign manufacturers:
Beautiful options for exterior
“Coroed” on the facade is perfectly combined with other finishing materials, such as wood, natural or decorative stone. The main thing is to find the optimal balance of colors and features. It is also worth paying attention to the fact that it is not necessary to create parallel furrows parallel to each other. Vitious and creative pattern looks unusually and original.
“Shuba” – a great option for those who love more tender. Thanks to the method of applying on the surface, beautiful divorces and color transitions are formed, resembling Venetian plaster.
Mosaic plaster with marble fractions looks noble and at the same time elegant. Choosing pebbles of another material, you can play with color and overflows in the sun.
With this video, learn to apply facade decorative plaster.