Modern personal protective equipment (SIZOD) perfectly protect the respiratory tract from the fall and negative impact of hazardous particles of different fractions. In everyday life, this dust, volatile compounds that appear due to construction, finishing and other works, where powder substances, construction mixtures, pesticides are used. Also respirators are effectively used in production – in the metallurgical, chemical, woodworking industry.
Respirators belong to personal protective equipment and are divided into several categories: household, medical, industrial. They are divided by the type of arrangement of composite parts and the filter element, which:
- adjoins the half mask;
- Located directly in the semi-mask.
They are also divided according to the degree of application – reusable (RPG-67, RU 67), disposable (“petal”, “Kama”). Classified by appointment:
- gas pests;
In a number of specific situations arising at construction sites, in industrial workshops, the use of respirators as a sizod is more justified than the issuance of other means of individual protection – gas masks. Therefore, they are determined among customers.
Respirators in a broad sense are lightweight personal protective equipment. They effectively protect the respiratory tract and the lungs in the formation of dust:
Intensively used in coal mines, on modern mines, harmful industries, where pesticides, fertilizers, powder products are produced, moderately volatile, non-volatile pesticides. Actively apply workers when performing dusty work.
Any modern dust respirator protects the respiratory tract very reliably, but due to the variety of models to use the SIZOD, according to the safety instructions developed on each individual enterprise. Work in such means of protection comfortable and safe. They have less resistance to breathing than gas masks, provide minimal mechanical pressure on the head area. Despite the obvious fact of reduced protective properties, the use of respirators in certain situations – at construction sites, industries – fully justified. The filtering part of the respirators purifies air by filtering. That is, depending on the type of sisode, passes through the fibers of the perchlorvinyl or fine-fiber materials.
Individual protection means are resistant to aggressive media, alkali, acid. They are endowed with hydrophobicity, resistance to elevated temperatures – up to 60 ° C, the characteristics of high filtering to all existing aerosols. Also in the list of advantages of modern respirators – complete autonomy, in terms of protection against respiratory tract allergies by filtering, the presence of electrostatic charges to improve the efficiency of air purification, including from the effects of aerosols. The choice of respirators depends on the working conditions or the established regulations indicated in the safety instructions.
Review of species
Among the large number of personalized means there are models, Which are in high demand from buyers – representatives of construction organizations, factories, factories.
- Respirator p-2. The model is made in the form of a conical half mask. The headband and filtering elements are provided – air-permeable polyurethane foam, filtering material from polymer fibers on a marry substrate. In order to improve comfort, a nasal clip is provided by a closure. Also present air outlet valve. Applies from various types of dust.
- Respirator y-2k. The means of individual protection consists of a half mask with a built-in filter and valves for the entrance and exhalation. Comfortable use is achieved due to the adjustable headboard, the nose clamp. Used against different types of dust, as well as eradicates, non-toxic vapors and gases.
Such personal protective equipment are used mainly in production.
It makes sense to briefly list multiple respirator models, used in different industries, and describe the specifics and structural features that protect the respiratory authorities.
- RU 60m. Gasopileaeerosole protection model. The semi-mask is equipped with an air valve. There are two filter cartridges. The gas pepper respirator has effective protection against volatile poisonous substances, gases, dispersed dust, most pesticides, hazardous evaporation.
- Respirator “Alina-Av” With exhalation valve. Several special layers provided for in the filter mask are absorbed by most aerosols, gasoline, servo carbon pairs, pesticides. Can be used in everyday life, on production to protect the respiratory tract from pollen plants, exhaust gases.
- Antio-Oerosol Respirator “Lola”. In stock Filtering mask, aluminum plate nasal, plastic struts, regulating elements. Protects the lungs from volatile vapors, compounds, as well as liquid, solid non-dissolved elements. Used when working with agrochemicals, non-volatile pesticides.
- Reusable Jeta Safery 5500 Respirator with Filters, Made of soft hypoallergenic material. Provides comfortable working conditions and reliable protection against hazardous volatile compounds, organic gases and vapors. Can be used in everyday life and production. Complies with European standards.
- Rezapor NPZ-0111 with valve, dustproof. Effective protection of the respiratory tract from fog with harmful connections, smoke, construction dust. The filter material is endowed with the property of electrostatic, mechanical filtering, which provide light breathing in the process. The inner layer is made of hypoallergenic material. Exhalation valve provides comfort, removal of excessive humidity.
- “Kama” 200. It consists of a comfortable half-mask with a perchlorvinyl filtering element and an obturator. Comfortable use increase the nasal clamp and two straps. Anti-Disposable Respirator. Effectively protects the respiratory tract from construction, mining, silicate dust.
Respirators provide a professional approach, protect the respiratory tract from allergic reactions, hazardous impact of harmful substances. Before using each respirator, you must familiarize yourself with the instruction manual.
How to choose?
Respirators are purchased and used depending on the specifics of the work carried out when the workers deal with hazardous volatile compounds, pesticides, pesticides, non-soluble elements, as well as in the conditions of relative dusting, room gas.
In normal cases, When all of the above is not applied, you can use the means of individual protection of the type “petal”. Under other circumstances, it is recommended to wear anti-aerosol respirators with removable filters. If you have working with paint and varnishes, it is necessary to use silica with anti-mask, anti-aerosol filtering elements.
If it is necessary to work with cement solutions – to drop, drill, stroke the wall, as well as knead the building mixtures, you need to use a respirator that is able to delay small fractions of dust in the air. During woodworking (let’s say, we can use one-time respirators.
When buying it is necessary to check the integrity of the means of personal protection and quality. The presence of external signs is an uneven striking of a seam, fittings that does not cause trust says that the product is made with certain disorders. In a good respirator, the mask must fit tightly to the face, ensure reliable tightness and conveniently fixed by regulatory elements.
Breath in the new respirator must be free, and the product in the process of fitting – do not cause a common discomfort. It is also recommended to read the instructions for use, where the purpose of the personal protection means is indicated. For example, a loose filter will be useless when working with bulk materials, and too dense will make breathing. Therefore, the best choice should be based on certain criteria and requirements for SIZOD.
In the process of choosing a respirator, you need to consider the above recommendations. Also it is not, take care of the purchase of spare filter elements.
A logical step will allow to maintain a high degree of respiratory protection and will ensure uninterrupted work in difficult conditions – without injuries of airways and lungs.
About how to choose the right respirator, look in the following video.