Ceramoganit is characterized by high strength. This quality is both a plus, and a minus.
When installing the tile it is necessary to cut it, and sometimes drilled. For holes up to 10-12 cm, speckless or ordinary drills are used. For large sizes, under communication – diamond crowns will be the best option. Spraying has its own characteristics that need to know before the start of work.
Diamond crown looks quite typically and attached on a special metal tail. Externally, the design resembles a drill with a small bowl. Its size corresponds to the resulting hole.
On the extreme part of the cutting edge with vacuum-diffuse welding, diamond crystals are fixed. The more their number, the easier to drill. The galvanic method of applying, which also gives a dense layer of diamond “grains”. Such a tool can be used to work with solid porcelain stoneware, but withThere is a risk that the nozzle with long-term use will not cope with the load and will lose part of the working layer.
Such crowns do not need to be undermined, their life is at times longer than the rest of the drills. They are indispensable with frequent work, unpretentious in care, they are easy to clean, change and install, but it is required to cool during use.
Types of nozzles
Diamond crowns may differ among themselves. Main criteria differences:
- Wall thickness. Thin walls give an accurate result, the hole will be exactly the way you wanted. True, because of this, a possible service life of drill is reduced.
- The diameter may vary from 19 to 100 mm. A wide range makes it possible to make a hole of the desired size for one reception.
- Length. From the length of the drill depends the depth of the opening to be made in the porcelain stove.
- The size Diamond segments and the distance between them affect the ease of drilling and the quality of the final opening.
- Concentration of diamonds in conjunction. The total productivity of the crown depends on this factor. At 100% diamond concentration occupy ¼ of the total diamond spraying.
- Number and configuration Holes for cooling, or their absence.
Some crowns are equipped with a central drill. In the absence of such an element, clamps for a drill are used – Holders – or stationary machine. If there is a drill, then no additional devices are required for work.
How to choose?
There are many manufacturers in the modern market that are engaged in the manufacture of such tools. Install on a drill or remove the drill very simple, regardless of the manufacturer. When choosing a diamond crown, factors are taken into account:
- diameter of the future hole;
- thickness of porcelain stoneware;
- Ceramographic hardness.
Experts recommend purchasing nozzles that are made by a vacuum diffuse method. For dry drilling you need crowns with cooling holes.
Such adaptations are more expensive than those that need to be cooled independently.
The cost of nozzle affects the size: the larger the diameter and length, the more expensive. Go to choice with the mind. Drilling holes in one size of the drill will significantly save money.
The most popular are crowns with a diameter 32, 35 and 68 mm. If you plan to do different holes, then buy a set of crowns.
How to drill?
Make a hole in the cereral stranger much easier than it may seem at first glance. There are several rules that need to be followed to obtain a qualitative result. They will help to avoid early breakdowns crowns:
- With attention, reveal to the cooling of the crown During work. The most important thing you have to do is not to give a crown to warm above the permissible temperature.
- Be sure to use the substrate. You can apply a paneur or chipboard larger. Such a simple decision will save the materials from possible damage, will provide additional safety while working.
- Start making a hole with the front side and constantly make sure that the drill is exactly part of the porcelain stoneware. At the exit of the crown, a small chip is always formed, which is not desirable on the decorative surface.
- Use crowns with a central drill Solves you from many mistakes.
- It is recommended to drill not to the end, and on 2/3 plates. Then it will be left only to knock out a porrite tube.
- Do not press the drill while working Too much, it can lead to tile split. Closer to the end and minimize the impact.
- Conduct drilling work before mounting the plates. So you can always correct random errors.
Little holes usually do under a dowel. Large – suitable for mounting outlets, pipes or decor elements. For drilling, you can apply as a drill, and a perforator with a shock action turned off.
It is important that the device gives the ability to adjust the rev. By the way, the drilling of porcelain conduction is carried out exclusively on small revolutions.
In order to make in a gantry Body with a diameter of up to 10 mm Get the drills with a diamond tip. In the process of work, be sure to ensure uninterrupted fluid supply to the tip of the drill. So cooling and the drill will be longer to remain sharp.
In the process of drilling, place the drill at an angle of 90 degrees. To secure such a position, use holders or special machine. At the beginning of work, it is necessary to bring to the porcelain, the drill is already inclusive, otherwise the drill bit will slip and hurt the decorative layer of tiles.
The principle of drilling large diameters does not differ from ordinary works. Only here will already need diamond crowns for porcelain stoneware. Drill also keep under an even angle and do not forget about the cooling fluid.
Drill to the end?
When working with porcelain, it is permissible both through drilling and drilling not to the end. The last option requires special attention. Make a hole on 2/3 of the desired depth and sharp blow to select the remaining cork. Apply the blow only with the front side of the tile. This forms a noticeable chip on the back of the panel.
After you start drilling, do not try to stop. During the operation, the oil drilled oil and spraying are heated if you stop, they again frozen. Such an increasing decision is adversely affect both the crown and a ceramic.
When carrying out the driving works, the crown with diamond spraying is strongly heated. Because of this, the product is spoiled. With one time you can not notice this, but soon the defect will manifest itself.
Due to overheating, the characteristics of the drill deteriorate first, and then the destruction comes at all. As a result, the acquisition of a new crown awaits you.
Cooling in the course of work will provide a longer and high-quality work crown. To do this, use one of the methods:
- Permanent flow of water. For this method, you can get a tool that has a built-in water supply function. You can also show the smelting and feed water from the outside. It is not always convenient if you make a small hole.
- Puddle. At the place of the future hole, make a pozhitsa. During the work, pour water as needed. This cooling option is easier than the previous one, but less efficient.
Evaluating all the nuances of work, it can be concluded that using diamond crowns when drilling a porcelain stoneware, quite feasible at home.
More information about diamond crowns learn in the following video.