Plasterboard designs occupy a special place in the modern interior, as they are the original addition to any environment. From this material you can accomplish both simple and complex models, ranging from furniture items and ending with partitions and ceilings. Plasterboard is simple and universal in work, so creating unique items from it are quite actually with your own hands, without having certain skills for this. In addition, the material is represented by various types, which allows it to apply it in the premises, regardless of their temperature and humidity level.
Gypsum Carton is considered a unique building material that is released in the form of sheets. Thanks to a special structure and flexibility, it can be applied to any surface, issuing the interior of rooms with interesting design ideas. The most popular designs made of plasterboard are suspended ceilings and arches. Since the material is light, it does not need additional strengthening of the surface and quickly mounted. To make curly parts from it, it is enough to pre-draw the schemes, perform the cutting of items on them and fix everything.
The main feature of the drywall is that when wetting it easily changes the form. Thanks to this quality, it can be used not only to implement any ideas in the interior, but also for leveling surfaces.
If we consider the advantages and disadvantages of plasterboard structures, then it is worth noting that they have many advantages:
- Create smooth coatings, at the end of the finish, the material acts as an ideal base for painting, ceramic tiles and wallpapers;
- Allows you to make parts of various forms;
- High breathability and environmental friendliness;
- good sound and thermal insulation;
- Fire resistance and strength;
- affordable price.
Despite positive characteristics, drywall has one drawback – this is fragility. Therefore, it is not recommended to install it on the walls that are subjected to mechanical loads.
Designs made of drywall are boxes, covered with sheets and decorated with decorative facing. They are used for design indoors, the result is a beautiful interior, and the rooms are filled with homemade comfort. Plasterboard compositions can be complex, simple, curvilinear, smooth and enclosing.
Depending on the scope of their use distinguish the following types of structures.
- Ceilings. In order to level the ceiling plates, uncomplicated single-level systems. If you need to originally arrange the room, you choose multi-level ceilings consisting of a variety of figured inserts, backlighting and tensioning canvases.
- Walls. From sheets of plasterboard can be performed as a simple finish and hide all defects of surfaces, or apply the decor and create chic partitions for zoning the room. In addition, from this material also build “full-fledged” walls that help to separate one room from another.
- Arki. Recently, decorative arches are greatly popular, which, in contrast to conventional interroom openings, can have a trapezoidal, rounded and rectangular shape. Beautifully look at the arches in the form of an ellipse, as well as a semicircle installed by a semicircle
- Furniture. Book shelves, racks and special niches in the walls are often manufactured from drywall. In addition, it is also possible to create a bar rack, a wardrobe and a small wall for an entrance hall or a living room. Furniture from such a material is not only stylish, but also multifunctional. At the same time, for premises with high humidity, it is recommended to use moisture-resistant sheets, from them in the kitchen to build shelves for storing things or niche for equipment.
- Decorative boxes. They are mounted to hide cables and various communications. Plasterboard perfectly align the window and door slopes or close the ventilation system.
- Decor. Since this building material is easy to decompose, it is often used for the manufacture of columns, false fireplaces and a niche geometric shape.
Usually sheets of drywall produce standard size 2500 * 1200 * 12.5 mm. In addition, many manufacturers make sheets width 1.2 m and length from 2 to 3.6 M. The thickness of the plasterboard can also be different from 6.5 to 12.5 mm. To correctly pick up the material, you need to know not only its size, but also take into account the type of surface planned to cover them. So, for example, to create parts of a complex design, it is recommended to acquire arched plasterboard, its thickness does not exceed 6.5 mm, thanks to this, the product is able to bend under any radius.
In the event that it is necessary to build partitions, niches or level walls, it is better to give preference to wall plasterboard, the thickness of which is 12.5 mm. As for the installation of ceiling structures, the ceiling plasterboard is perfect for them with a thickness of 8 to 9.5 mm. He externally does not differ from the usual material, but has a little weight.
Gypsum Carton is produced in a wide range, it is considered one of the most sought-after materials in construction. Each type of product is different not only in its sizes, but also properties, technical indicators. Going for the purchase of drywall, you need to pay attention to the fact that it is sold in various colors that indicate the properties and scope of application of the material. It should be noted that the kel does not affect the appearance of the finish.
Gray plasterboard, as a rule, choose for mounting interior partitions and for alignment of walls, It is made of cardboard and plaster thickness 12.5 mm. It is considered the cheapest option for facing surfaces in rooms with normal humidity and temperature regime. Green sheets are characterized by an increased level of moisture resistance, so they are recommended for mounting in rooms where air humidity exceeds 70%. Red and pink drywall is highly resistant to fire, it is used for cladding of ventilation systems and fireplace structures. The presence of yellow color on the surface of the material means that it can be used to cover the facades and bases that are constantly undergoing the negative impact of moisture, sun rays and drafts.
Style and Design
Of the sheets of plasterboard, various designs are made, which are not only the original interior decoration, but also allow you to divide or combine several zones in the room. Recently, many apartments have arches, they are a stylish transition between rooms and, unlike conventional doorways, harmoniously fit into all design styles. So that such a design has received completed view, it will additionally decorate it with wallpaper or masonry.
There is also a lot of design options for drywall. Their design can have different depth, size and shape. Aesthetics niches will help various decorations in the form of figurines, colors, vases and toys. In addition, their finishing provides for the installation of backlight and color glass. In the kitchen and bathroom, the walls are trimmed with drywall walls are usually separated by ceramic tiles or material with stone imitation, brick.
How to choose and make it yourself
Before in the renovated room, place designs from drywall, you need to make an accurate scheme with an indication of the size and installation location of parts.
It is easy to collect elements with your own hands, but it is desirable to do that, adhering to certain rules, the next step-by-step instruction will help.
- At the first stage it is necessary to determine the center of the room and note the guides. Then the profiles are fixed on the location scheme. For installation, the arch profile is additionally strengthened with racks, by observing step 20-30 cm.
- In the second stage, the upper guide structures fix.
- The following in the installation is considered to work with sheets of plasterboard, of which the desired design details are prepared. Before you bend the material, it must be moistened with water, this will allow you to get the maximum figure of the figure.
- Finishing stage. The speakers of the material are cut off with a knife and the resulting part is putty. In order for the design to acquire a flat and smooth surface, it must also be treated with the primer and carefully close with putty all the seams.
Depending on the type of room, various design ideas are used in the form of installation of mounted ceiling, niches or partitions. With the help of drywall, the interior can be issued in the following premises:
For the living room
In the event that the room has high ceilings, then multi-level suspended structures will ideally look at it, which can be decorated with various color inserts and artistic painting. In a small hall of drywall, it is recommended to issue a niche for a TV in which you can also embed aquarium. Unusually look in the living room and drywall shelves, which can be installed near the sofa and equip the lamps.
In the bedroom
This room requires a special approach in the design, therefore, simple figures and clear lines must be present in its interior. In the bedroom, plasterboard will be originally not only on the ceiling, but also on the wall. Well to decorate the headboard bed, creating a falseland and decorating her profiles under a wooden bar. You can also make stylish bedside shelves and bedside tables from the sheets of plasterboard, with bright backlight, they will create a romantic atmosphere in the room.
To cover surfaces in the bathroom you need to use exclusively moisture-proof material. Plasterboard structures in this room can be different. If the room is small, then in it you can install a suspension system of a simple design or to sew them only half the ceiling and sink. At the same time, ceiling designs with LED backlit look gorgeous.
The interior of this room can originally add any plasterboard design, the choice of which largely depends on the area of the room. As a rule, arched structures are installed in the hallways that allow you to create a modern design. In addition, in such premises, multi-level ceilings and false walls made of drywall.
On the kitchen
Since a lot of steam is distinguished in the kitchen during cooking, it is necessary to determine its finish from moisture-resistant plasterboard sheets. From it you can build both partitions and make corner lockers. Well suited for the kitchen and such a plasterboard design like arch.
Required tools and components
Decorative Details made of drywall are an original decoration of any interior, but in order to install them, it is necessary to correctly choose not only the material, but also the corresponding tools. For durable construction of the design, it is placed on the framework, for the manufacture of which is used by a rig 0270 and metal p-shaped profiles from 3 to 6 meters long. In addition, guides and support profiles are also required to create a framework, thanks to which you can form the desired angle of metal structures under GOLC.
As for the additional fasteners, they include suspensions, screws and dowels. Out construction with the use of sheets SP 55 101 2000. So, the details of the design must have the right size, they are cut using a knife. Also for work with drywall, a roulette will be required, level, needle roller and ruler.
Tips and recommendations
In order for the repair of the premises at the end of the finishing work, pleased with a qualitative result, the drywall of the surfaces of the plasterboard should be carried out correctly. This also applies to the installation of plasterboard structures.
If the interior design is performed with their own hands, it is necessary to follow the following recommendations.
- Apply for finishing needed plasterboard, which has a smooth surface. If microcracks are noticeable on sheets, then such material is considered not suitable for work.
- Installation should be performed indoors with a temperature not lower than + 10c.
- Cut sheets need in the respirator and glasses.
- Material must acquire, given the level of humidity and temperature in the room.
- It is impossible to mount the sheets by nails.
- On the walls of plasterboard it is not desirable to hang heavy shelves.
Manufacturers and reviews
To date, drywall is presented in the construction market both domestic and foreign manufacturers.
At the same time, many positive feedback received products of the German company Knauf, which has factories not only in Germany, but also in Russia.
Huge demand is the production of production Lafarge Group (Poland) and Gyproc (Scandinavia). The material has proven itself with high quality, it has durability, moisture resistance and easy to install.
Products of Russian production are also popular OJSC “Gypsum” and “Himpolymer”. Choosing plasterboard from these manufacturers, you can be sure that the finish will last long and reliably.
Successful examples and options
In the modern interior there are many ideas for the use of plasterboard structures, since the surface decorated with plasterboard finish can be additionally separated by ceramic tiles, wallpaper, plaster or decorative stone. Elegantly look in apartments and houses, multi-level ceilings with backlight, they harmoniously fit into the design of any room. They can be decorated with various figured elements in the form of spheres, cubes and flower compositions.
An interesting option is both plasterboard designs built into the walls or located separately. In addition, in the interior are in demand and arches performed in the eastern, gothic or classic style. Original shapes Arches and properly chosen finish make living rooms, hallways and bedrooms.
How to make a plasterboard arch, see below in the video.