Making the interior, the owners of the premises and designers often give preference to the stones of natural and artificial origin. Recently, consumers are increasingly interested in stone veneer, which was created on new technologies and has the ability to resolve.
What it is?
Stone veneer call material with unique characteristics, which are made on the basis of a natural quartz slate. Motherland’s last name called India and Brazil. The slate mined in Katoshin has a unique and diverse texture. Stone veneer can be called a decent alternative to heavy natural stone.
Material production technology implies the use of resins and fiberglass. Thanks to their exposure, occurs Reliable gluing of each of the layers of the product. Elastic veneer found its use on various kinds of grounds, especially where it is impossible to use a natural stone.
The presence of rich natural colors contributes to the realization of various designer ideas.
Properties and characteristics
In the case of proper finishing technology, a stone veneer consumer will be quite difficult to distinguish it from a natural slate. However, it is worth noting that Veneer is characterized by greater mobility, fuel and lighter stone. The presence of fiberglass base and resins in the material contributes to its flexibility and simple bending. For this reason, it is almost indispensable when finishing a surface with a complex or curve texture.
Stone veneer you can issue the interior of the bathroom and dining room. Thanks to the wide range of panels, everyone can pick up Perfect option for your interior.
Natural veneer looks great with such “neighbors” like wood, leather, wallpaper, concrete, ceramics and metal.
The advantages of the material:
- environmental Safety;
- wear resistance and waterproof;
- the ability to use in hard-to-reach places;
- low weight and small layer thickness equal to no more than 2 mm;
- Easy mounting.
The shortcomings of the stone veneer is practically no.
However, consumers celebrate the high cost of the material, but this minus can be compensated for by the high performance capabilities of the product.
Varieties and sizes
Currently, several varieties of stone veneer are presented on the market.
- Slate Lite. This material, which is made of stone, has a high strength and a large thickness of the inner layer. It has a slate, fiberglass and substrate. This type of veneer is used for facade facing, internal and external finishes. Seamless sheet texture allows it to lay it on a metal, concrete, brick and wooden surface.
- Eco Stone – This is a natural veneer from a stone having a substrate from natural cotton. Flexible and thin material are facing walls, furniture and objects in the interior.
- Translucen – It is a transparent stone veneer that is used to design rooms with backlit. It is characterized by brightness and efficiency, so consumers often choose.
With a composite marble veneer, you can make your life original. Material for marble, white, onyx, granite, black, bright gray and others are simply indispensable for decorating columns, walls, partitions.
Use of use
Stone has long been in priority when finishing walls, as well as a furniture facade for the kitchen. Subject to the correctness of the selection of the invoice, the master can achieve a unique designer solution in his room.
Stone veneer found its application in the following cases:
- Facing walls and interroom partitions;
- finishing various niches;
- Facing furniture;
- coating columns and other structures with a semicircular shape;
- Foundation for wall panel.
Thin and light veneer sheet looks great both in a public place and in a cozy home room. In order to decorate the room, it is not necessary to cover all the walls with this material, you can arrange the picture frames. Such an interior is characterized by sophistication and completion. Many masters recommend to include natural veneer in the design of interroom or entrance door.
Also, this material looks beautifully on the kitchen apron, fireplace, on the floor and countertop.
Stone veneer is considered the innovation of modern architecture and repair, he often preferred consumers. It is produced in the countries of Europe and the CIS. The following brands have proven well – the implementers of this material:
- Flat Stone;
- SPICE CRAFT;
- Pan Fasad;
- Arcobaleno Color and many others.
Buying goods only have a proven supplier who has quality certificates for stone veneer.
Operation and installation
In order for natural veneer to prematurely lose its qualities, it needs to be properly folded and stored. The platform for this is worth picking up the most smooth as possible, with the panels must fit the front side up. Whatever the interior, the stone veneer will look at it as attractive as possible. The main condition for a successful result is the correctness of the installation.
- To begin with, it is necessary to properly prepare the surface. In this case, the base can be plasterboard, plaster, chipboard, fiberboard and MDF. The main thing is that the surface is smooth and smooth.
- Punching sheets of natural veneer should be performed using a dispersion adhesive mixture with a lacquer base. Alternatively, it is possible to use glue with waterproof polyurethane or ethylene-shaught acetate basis.
- To cut the product it is better to use a diamond saw. The edges are shrinking to ensure good docking and fit.
- Glue must be applied with a roller on the back of the veneer and leave it to dry. The base is also labeled adhesive.
- The veneer sheet must be tightly pressing the main surface. In some cases, the laying is impossible without a press.
If it is necessary to design a curvilinear site or the arch preparation warming up in advance. Unfortunately, one sheet of veneer is not always enough to clamp a wall, so the master appears a new task, namely – the seams. To solve the problem, experts recommend using moisture-resistant epoxy grout. Since this substance is sold in various colors, the consumer will be able to easily choose the option that most suitable for the stone veneer.
Beautiful examples in the interior
People who want to make their interior original, be sure to pay attention to the stone veneer. Decorating them with any of the rooms of the apartment, you can achieve the effect of high costs and stylistics. This material is considered an optimal solution for creating Loft, Scandinavian and minimalism style. The unique properties of the veneer allow you to use it in the bathroom and arrange it in a tropical motive.
The translucent veneer is well combined with backlight. In this way, you can stylishly separate the doors, partitions, ceilings, bar racks. Such an interior will not be able to leave anyone indifferent and give the room a relaxed atmosphere. This material can skip the light, so it can be created a separate cozy object in the room.
About what is a stone veneer and how to stick it, you can learn from the video below.